Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:12:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 4:25:37 PM EST by Lokjell]
I've got a neighbor who has a number of obnoxious little Chihuahuas. They come over to my house and bark at my dogs (which are kept in the house) which drives my dogs nuts, and wakes up my new baby. They also crap all over my yard. I've approached the owner (middle aged Hispanic male), and he is less than responsive. In fact when I approached him today about his dog, he told me I worry too much about the dogs, and told me to go away or he'd call the cops, or something along those lines, he's got a pretty heavy accent. I've considered all of the obvious solutions, but since I've already complained to him several times, sadly it makes it a little too obvious if his dogs go missing. I really don't want to start a war with the guy, but sleep in my household is at a premium because of the new baby, and when baby wakes up, we all get very grumpy. Anybody had any experience with a similar situation or ideas on how to deal with him?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:16:42 PM EST
Catch dogs, turn over to animal control, let the guy pay repeatedly to bail them out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:17:23 PM EST
are the dogs wearing tags? if not, call the authorities, and have him ticketed.

Personally, I would get a couple of live traps, trap them, remove their collars/ID, and take them to the pound. The first time.

The next time, I would live trap them, and then take them into the woods, and release them.

The time after that, I would dispatch them via .22LR, in broad daylight, and throw the dead carcasses into his driveway.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:18:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bubbles:
Catch dogs, turn over to animal control, let the guy pay repeatedly to bail them out.

If you can get them to act this is the option.

The funner and more effective options have legal and moral problems
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:19:00 PM EST
Call animal control and lamigra.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:19:16 PM EST
Corner them on the front porch, if they nip ya... plug em!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:19:39 PM EST

build a fence
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:19:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By BBossman:

make sure not to use the dog catching pole you brought also.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:20:40 PM EST
Where is the MSPAINT?
Originally Posted By Lokjell:
I've got a neighbor who has a number of obnoxious little Chihuahuas. They come over to my house and bark at my dogs (which are kept in the house) which drives my dogs nuts, and wakes up my new baby. They also crap all over my yard. I've approached the owner (middle aged Hispanic male), and he is less than responsive. In fact when I approached him today about his dog, he told me I worry too much about the dogs, and told me to go away or he'd call the cops, or something along those lines, he's got a pretty heavy accent. I've considered all of the obvious solutions, but since I've already complained to him several times, sadly it makes it a little too obvious if his dogs go missing. I really don't want to start a war with the guy, but sleep in my household is at a premium because of the new baby, and when baby wakes up, we all get very grumpy. Anybody had any experience with a similar situation or ideas on how to deal with him?

http://www.geocities.com/lokjell/Neighbor-Dog.bmp

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:22:10 PM EST
Strangle those little fuckers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:25:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 4:52:37 PM EST by Mall-Ninja]
Live trap
Play "submarine commander" with the occupant of the cage
Repeat

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:26:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By docmcb:
Where is the MSPAINT?

Is it showing up now?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:28:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Originally Posted By BBossman:

make sure not to use the dog catching pole you brought also.

Make sure to torture the little barking ratdog first with a taser, then leave the corpse & a note on their door.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:32:48 PM EST
Unwanted animals in my yard get either a .22cb or the pellet gun. The pellet gun is saved for other people's pets, it usually makes them stay gone for a while.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:35:02 PM EST
What kind of dogs do you have?

Would they dispense justice if given the chance?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:35:31 PM EST
Call ICE

At lest in FL, you are required to keep your animals on your property. Check your state laws, if the dogs are supposed to stay on his property call the cops. He might get a court order against him to build a fence
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:36:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 4:39:20 PM EST by rxdawg]
http://www.havahart.com/store/live-animal-traps/1079

Best money I ever spent. Start hauling the little shits to the pound until he gets the message.

Edit: Paintball gun is a good fallback option. Polka-dot their asses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:38:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By rxdawg:

Best money I ever spent. Start hauling the little shits to the pound until he gets the message.

If you go to Tractor Supply Co. you can get a 2-for-1 deal on them. It comes with the coon sized trap as well as a squirrel trap
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:40:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:

Would they dispense justice if given the chance?

Sadly my dogs aren't much threat to anybody. I've got an English Shepard who is a complete wuss, and a lab mix who I've had chase the dog off a few times, but sadly he's more bark than bite and won't teach the little bugger a proper lesson. Got to admit I'm tempted to borrow a buddies rez dog and accidentally let him lose next time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:42:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By rxdawg:

Edit: Paintball gun is a good fallback option. Polka-dot their asses.

I may look into trapping them. That may be fun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:43:37 PM EST
Shoot Shovel Shutup?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:45:23 PM EST
Can you give a dog caffeine?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:50:31 PM EST
Do you have a throwdown piece you could give to the local kids?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:51:28 PM EST
Invite some local police officers over for a drink, once they see the dog walking around they will take care of it for you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:04:32 PM EST

Next time one of his lilttle prissy dogs is in your yard, turn your dogs loose on them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:08:17 PM EST
Airsoft gun?
Top Top