Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 4:55:25 AM EDT
Hi there.

I've never had problems with buying things from people until last week.  I got fu@ked on a deal over eBay and it doesn't look like I'm going to get my 469 dollars back.

This brings me to my question.  Is it considered impolite or uncouth to request someone to mail a firearm to my FFL before I pay for it.  Considering that if I buy a gun on the EE or other place it will most likely be in excess of 400 dollars.

I figure that the FFL is totally liable for the firearm and wouldn't release it to me until I paid anyway.  I just figure that it could be a way to save asses on both sides of a deal.

Maybe I'm still bitter about my last purchase but does that seem like a good idea?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
www.gunbroker.com should answer all your question. Look for people and dealers with good feedback and you will be fine. I have did a good bit of business on there with folks and I have found all of them to be very honest so far.

Take Care
www.elkmontarms.com
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought an AK47S from someone in another state and did the following:

0) required an FFL on both ends of the deal (to provide a legal audit trail)
1) had their FFL and my FFL swap licenses before any money was sent.
2) had my FFL confirm that their FFL had received the gun for shipment
3) paid with Postal Money Order sent through the mail (interstate mail fraud if he screwed me)

You could also consider using one of the on-line escrow services, if you can find one that will handle guns.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This brings me to my question.  Is it considered impolite or uncouth to request someone to mail a firearm to my FFL before I pay for it.

Depends on the seller, but I would not send a firearm
anywhere without money in hand. IIRC, paying with a
postal money order offers a bit of protection insofar as
you can get the postal inspectors (feds) involved if
you get ripped off.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
if you can find one that will handle guns.

Thats exactly why I'm so bitter.

I'm getting screwed because of beloved paypal and fucking Mike Dee that lying thieving bastard.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=298245
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top