Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2001 12:13:26 PM EDT
[blue][size=3]After watching all the H&K boards and seeing how many Guys are impressed with the TOAD's Speshal Weapons Shit I have been inspired to duplicate Toads feat by building my own AR15's
Since I like you'all I will share some of my trade secrets with you.
First off I had to get some basic tools. The list is as follows.[/blue]
[red][size=4]1. A big assed Hammer
2. A die grinder with lots of cutting tools
3. Milling machine(die grinder stuck in a vise will work. Thats how Toad does his work)
4.Drill bits
5.hacksaw
6. vise
7.Some black bbq high heat paint
The next thing you will need is to do is buy a bunch of worn out M16's from some third word nation. The more worn out the better since we can use some bondo if needed to hold them together.
The main thing that is difficult is making the receivers. If you follow Toads lead than factory specs don't make a F@#k so its not as hard as you might imagine. The main tool you need is your die grinder. The hammer is also handy. Just take your real AR15 and some PlayDough. Make a cast of your reciever and fill it with molten aluminum. This is an easy material to work with and readily available. I have my own furnace and unlimited supply of beer cans. After the aluminum hardens and cools off enough to work with you can start your machine work. A good rule of thumb is drink 3 beers and it ought be cool enough to work with.
Drill you some holes in it and then grind out the inside and you are damn near done. Install the old worn out parts being carefull not to knock all the rust off them. I Learned this trick from Toad. Its seems to make shit hold together better. Now you are ready for the paint job. The more paint the better because it hides all the tool marks from your Die Grinder and Hammer. Now you are ready to go. You should have weapon that is just as reliable as the one the Toad sells!!!
Please let me know what you think! I am sure  that We will all be able to build as good a rifle as Toad does!!!![smash][smash][smash]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
ROTFLMAO!!!

The sad/scary thing is how accurate your description it...
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I was at the gunshow at the San Francisco Cow Palace today and a dealer there had SW3 and SW5 models for sale (minus pistol grips of course).

There was a sign on the display that said that SW3 and SW5 models were soon to be discontinued and were very rare and you better hurry and get yours today.

I had to walk away quickly. Didn't want to piss off the dealer because he's one of the few who is likely to sell AR15 recievers if they become legal again in CA.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Well...are they NOW legal in Kali, then I'll take 2 please.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
About how many beer cans do I need? Can you melt them on a BBQ grill?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey SS, I have more beer cans, lots of grinding wheels and a spare air compressor for the die grinder.  Almost made the mistake of aquiring one of these ???weapons???  Also have a good source of paint.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well...are they NOW legal in Kali, then I'll take 2 please.
View Quote

Legal without pistol grip. I think they were around $1,700.00 though!!!

What are you, a masochist?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL.  Very accurate.  I am gonna try it. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]
[blue][size=4] I have figured out how to do it even cheaper now!!!
 Drink more beer. Buy your beer in bulk and use all the cans as material for your recievers.
This should save at least $3.68 per unit.
Thats enough for another sixpack!!!!!!!!
[beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer][beer]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#10]
[red][size=4]Just finished up my first prototype!!!!                                          
It blew up! I think I'll sue the ammo maker.
It could not have been my fault!  

[rocket][rocket][rocket][rocket][rocket][rocket][rocket]            
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#12]
[blue][size=3] Hey I figured out the problem. You cannot use light beer cans. That must have been why the first prototype blew up.
Also be sure and use safety glasses. Now I know why Toads guns look so shitty. He must have been blinded when one blew up during testing. Luckily I had mine tied up to a tree stump for testing and proof firing. I highly recomend you do the same!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Well,
I didn't have the money so I skimped on the tools a little but this is what I came up with....

[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=51205&a=12854646&p=51168171&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice ACME flattop. Where did you get it? Have you seen my collection?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#15]
i used a tin can it worked good ofcourse i only used a 22 in it thu
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Beagles747,
LMAO man
Mine don't look that good yet.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By TROY

This guy saw me walking by a few rows away with one of my MP5 T-shirts on. He stops me and says, "Hey, I have that gun, the one on your back, over at my table right now!"

I look at him up and down, then reply, "Uh huh."

"No, really, go take a look."

At this point, I'm annoyed, and respond, "You're selling Special Weapons SW3's and SW5's with their pistol grips hacked off. Those aren't MP5s, and there's no way I'd spend money on those Todd Bailey abominations."

He had no reply. I think he was looking for his lower jaw.

[red][size=3] Way to go Troy! I am glad you told him what you thought
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top