Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/19/2003 10:48:15 AM EDT
Thanks to moles and chipmunks my front yard is beginning to resemble the Viet Cong's tunnels of Cu Chi. How do I kill these little bastards?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:52:36 AM EDT
Why am I suddenly envisioning you as Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:57:58 AM EDT
I'm a landscaper by trade. I said that cuz I've seen customers of mine spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars on the non lethal remedies. Don't do it. Find someone who traps them with kill traps and get rid of them that way.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:02:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 11:03:23 AM EDT by KODoc]
Originally Posted By CosmicOne-Der: Why am I suddenly envisioning you as Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"?
View Quote
Oh man! I just had the most disturbing image of me ogling old ladies' asses on the golfcourse!!! That was brutal! [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:02:54 AM EDT
Eliminate the food source "grubs and bugs", and they will move on, use Diazion to kill the bugs, and the rodents move on.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:05:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KODoc: Thanks to moles and chipmunks my front yard is beginning to resemble the Viet Cong's tunnels of Cu Chi. How do I kill these little bastards?
View Quote
Well since you made the connection to the VC. I'll tell ya a fun and rather messy way to do it. However your yard would than look like it was carpet bombed. It's the same way I got rid of the moles at my grandparents oh so many years ago. Though they lived in the country at the time so it was no big deal. To quote a friend of mine who was quoting an unknown source "there are very few problems in life that can't be fix with the aplication of explosives"
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:07:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 11:09:46 AM EDT by TitaniumT]
Originally Posted By bvmjethead: Find someone who traps...
View Quote
I learned how to trap at an early age!! I could teach you how it's done! [;)]
Originally Posted By KODoc:
Originally Posted By CosmicOne-Der: Why am I suddenly envisioning you as Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"?
View Quote
Oh man! I just had the most disturbing image of me ogling old ladies' asses on the golfcourse!!! That was brutal! [ROFL2]
View Quote
Bad bad visual! [rofl] TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:08:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cyanide: Eliminate the food source "grubs and bugs", and they will move on, use Diazion to kill the bugs, and the rodents move on.
View Quote
Also a wives tale......Been there done that, moles just got more active searching for an alternative food source. Voles, moles etc. feed on earthworms, crickets and all sorts of other burrowing insects. Grubs are a delicacy to them and eliminating them will NOT eliminate the moles.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:45:16 AM EDT
Moles love gum but cannot digest it. Kills them every time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:55:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TitaniumT:
Originally Posted By bvmjethead: Find someone who traps...
View Quote
I learned how to trap at an early age!! I could teach you how it's done! [;)] TT [wave]
View Quote
Yeah, yeah. Promises, promises. [naughty]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:56:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:59:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KODoc: Thanks to moles and chipmunks my front yard is beginning to resemble the Viet Cong's tunnels of Cu Chi. How do I kill these little bastards?
View Quote
You must go catch them before they infiltrate your yard and blend in and move among the masses. The best place to do this is if you can, catch them on the Ho-Chip-Munk trail....
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:01:47 PM EDT
Ever play that game next to skeeball at Chucky Cheese where you grab a mallet and smack the mole when he pops up out from one of a dozen holes in the table? Try that. But make sure you down a couple shots of Jack Daniels first.[booze][smash]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:10:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CosmicOne-Der:
View Quote
You must go catch them before they infiltrate your yard and blend in and move among the masses. The best place to do this is if you can, catch them on the Ho-Chip-Munk trail....
View Quote
Those damn Varmit-Cong......
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:00:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:01:36 PM EDT
I do know 10/22's can be a fun way, but just leaving them (burrowing rodents-muskrats) lay, hoping to show the others does not work. After a couple weeks of intense hostile actions towards them, the population [i]may[/i] have been temporarily reduced, but they recovered quickly. We had to cease fire, they won the battle...Until the next year. We flooded the quarry, the water level raised 40 feet. They lost.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 1:13:01 PM EDT by CS223]
Let me introduce you to the AR15 of the rodent erradication world: [size=6]The Rodex 5000[/size=6] [url]http://www.rodexindustries.com/[/url] [img]http://www.rodexindustries.com/RodexIndustries/5000inaction.jpg [/img]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:13:24 PM EDT
I don't know about the chipmunks but my dad swears by moth balls for the moles. I don't see why they'd eat em but he'll drop one or two in every tunnel he finds in the spring and he's free of em the rest of the summer. On the other hand it's possible they can't stand them and leave cause it stinks up the ground or something. I really don't know but it seems to work for him.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:14:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 1:15:13 PM EDT by HighStrung1]
How to get rid of tunneling rodents? KEEP A CORK IN YOUR ASS AT ALL TIMES! QUIT LETTING THEM IN!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:23:44 PM EDT
Get a Doberman. For some reason mine has a penchant for catching those things. She's up to 2 a day this week.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:26:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bvmjethead:
Originally Posted By cyanide: Eliminate the food source "grubs and bugs", and they will move on, use Diazion to kill the bugs, and the rodents move on.
View Quote
Also a wives tale......Been there done that, moles just got more active searching for an alternative food source. Voles, moles etc. feed on earthworms, crickets and all sorts of other burrowing insects. Grubs are a delicacy to them and eliminating them will NOT eliminate the moles.
View Quote
well shit, thanks, good to know.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:06:13 PM EDT
Best get the exterminator, theyre not too expensive, and its not like calling animal control on one or two pests that you can dispatch yourself. Just as a wacky idea: You might want to ask the neighbors if they've all got the same problem. In which case, maybe you can make back some of the money of buying a rodex.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:17:22 PM EDT
Cement it all in and paint it green. No worries.
Top Top