Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2003 8:27:28 AM EDT
Last summer someone asked me about a scar and I told him 'that's where the Jap got me with a bayonet'. Months later(yesterday afternoon), the dumbass comes up to me and asks me if I can come to his kid's class and give a history talk about WW2.

I wasn't even born until 6 years after the war ended. Do the math. I may look old but I don't look THAT old.

I wonder if this'd have happened if I told the idiot it was a British bayonet I got pronged with while I was serving with George Washington?

Maybe the knot on my head came when I was serving with the Cro Magnon army when we were fighting the Neanderthals.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, people are stupid.  Get used to it and enjoy the ride.

I have an 8" scar across my gut from kidney surgery.  Of course, if asked I say I got stabbed in a barroom brawl.  Either that or bitten by a shark while surfing in Hawaii.  Either one plays well with the chicks.  [;)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You lied to him, and you are calling him a dumbass?  Are you that guy at funshows that is always talkin' about being a Seal in 'Nam?

That guy was not doing anything wrong.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You lied to him, and you are calling him a dumbass?  Are you that guy at funshows that is always talkin' about being a Seal in 'Nam?

That guy was not doing anything wrong.
View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, people ask me about my scars all the time. I tell them it's from when I was killed in a fire. True.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 Are you that guy at funshows that is always talkin' about being a Seal in 'Nam?
View Quote

Piccolo couldnt have possibly been a seal in Nam, he is blind! [;)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Piccolo couldnt have possibly been a seal in Nam, he is blind! [;)]
View Quote

His seeing-eye cat invented "Tiger Stripe" camoflage.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Piccolo,

Well then, how the hell did you get bayoneted by a Jap? [:D][:D]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]
So go give the talk!! Take kitty with ya!! You could say you were at Hiroshima, and was blinded by the flash!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#10]
You're amazed that he was stupid enough to believe you? Is that a comment about him, or you?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe you just look relaly, really OLD!

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's funny. When I was a kid, my Dad used to tell me the scar on his side was from getting shot with an arrow by a wild injun.

I don't remember how old I was when I found out the truth. He had pneumonia as a kid and that's where they stuck a drain in his lung.
View Quote

Well, I just found out a few years ago that the surgeon who operated on me when I was 5 wasn't really named Dr. Do-little.  I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Piccolo,

View Quote

There we wuz, Me an John Wayne, shoulder to shoulder, and back to the wall........I wuz a lot younger then, say 5 years before my Pa got the  hard-on that made me, but I wuz still a pretty fiesty young feller.......

When all of a sudden this evil Jap was sneaking up on me with his post ban Arisaka. Had no bayonet lug, but he'd duct taped this Gunsu knife on it lunged........

to be continued next week.

To Torf and LarryG: Do the math. I'm 50. I LOOK about 45-50. The YOUNGEST a person can be and still have seen action in WW2 is about 76.
I also tell people about serving for Gen'l Washington at Valley Forge.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#14]
No one ever went broke [b]under[/b]estimating the intelligence of the general populace.

[size=1][i]This way to the Egress...[/i][/size=1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Piccolo,

View Quote

...all of a sudden this evil Jap was sneaking up on me with his post ban Arisaka. Had no bayonet lug, but he'd duct taped this Gunsu knife on it lunged........

View Quote

Did this Jap look anything like Fran Drescher?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#16]

[/quote]Did this Jap look anything like Fran Drescher?[/quote]

Now that you mention it.........
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Liberty86's idea sounds interesting.

Should I go and give the talk? Take the SEC with me and tell the kids I was blinded at Hiroshima?

A friend says if I do, he'll take my arm and steer me around.

(Jesus! This could be the wildest SEC mission, yet!)
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]
It would be pure art form to weave a tale rife with blatant BS, yet just beleivable enough that the gullible ones would actually try to re-tell the story later.  Only to be met with a "What the hell's the matter with you?!  The French never invaded Japan!!!"

Or some such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top