Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/19/2003 6:48:01 PM EDT
Ok, I would like some input on setting up cool bachelor pad. A little background, I'm 27 and recently single and will stay that way for awhile. I have a 100 year old Victorian house in town about 4 blocks from a small college where the girl guy ratio is 3 girls for 1 guy. I would like my place to be one of the places where people (mainly the extreamly attractive girls) will want to stop by on a continual basis. The house has a basement but it's only 5-6ft deep with a dirt floor, so using it is not an option right now. I recently finished renovating 2 rooms in the house but don't have any furniture in them. I would like to have parties every so often but I'm not sure how to go about that. My back yard is very tiny I might be able to fit two picnic tables in it and that would be it. The front yard is out of the question. So given the limitations how would you go about setting up a bachelor pad? College starts back up at the end of August so I have two months to get ready.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:58:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 7:09:33 PM EDT by KODoc]
Well let's see.... what would a smooth dude on the move who is one wild and crazy guy need to outfit his swinging bachelor pad so he can get those fine American fox-es with their big American breasts!? bead curtians lava lamps shag carpeting posters(especially ones of the kneeling black chick with the huge afro and Farah Fawcett) dayglo posters and black light bean bag chairs water bed rotating disco ball a good selection of vinyl LPs incense burners I think that just about covers it. Be sure to let me know how you do!(cough!) BTW, every time I see the chick in your avatar I want to treat her for seizure disorder.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:08:29 PM EDT
LOL, maybe I need to specify that I'm looking for responses from the younger crowd. The sad part is half the stuff you mentioned would be considered cool again. Chicks like beanbag chairs. I don't know why. Lava lamps can be bought at Walmart now. Bead curtains and black lights are still very common. I think I'll stay away from the shag carpet and the disco ball. Do people still use waterbeds?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:10:48 PM EDT
I'm guessing from the lack of response that most the people on this site aren't single and on the move. Or if they are they don't have much luck. If the question was how should I build my SHTF bunker, I would have 10 responses by now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:10:52 PM EDT
First things first, if you can't get them TO the pad, then it's all a lost cause. Assuming you've got that part covered (aren't you the guy with the dating book?), then.... Keep your living room simple & clutter free. Have furniture that matches, & has a unifying theme. If you have to buy it at a store, then do so, but I find that home-built furniture can go along way if it's not two cinderblocks holding up an old door. You want it to look lived in, but not like something out of animal house. I had two old roommates, each with a different philosophy. The first one, when he had a girl coming over, would clean the hell out of his bedroom (optimistically), and leave the living room a mess, maybe a quick once over. I don't think he got laid in the year I lived there. The other roommate would clean the hell out of the kitchen, living room, dining room, etc. but leave his room a mess. He got laid constantly. These examples have more to do with how each one understood chicks more so than it has to do with lessons in cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:13:18 PM EDT
One other thing, keep it from looking like a little kid lives there. Posters go in frames, and shouldn't be of nerdy movies. Kitsch like ya'll are talking about can be cool, but it can also be nerdy. A wine tree with some expensive wine can go a long way. Nice A/V shit that's not overbearing can add to a room and give the impression you've got $$. I'll keep adding as I think of shit. For whatever it's worth I'm 28 and single.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:18:07 PM EDT
norman74 thanks for the input. I saw your other thread about a girl being too young. Do you have problems determining how old some of the girls are when you first approach them? For example, there were two girls that work at the gym I go to. One is 20 and looks about 19. The other looks the same age but was only a junior in high school. Yikes, I don't want to go there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 7:30:52 PM EDT by BigJ491]
My .02 I'd agree w/ Norman74's take on the furniture matching. It will give you the appearance of having more class. Also, have a bookshelf w/ a wide range of books, from philosophical to humor. That will also help w/ the class thing. If you have a World Market in your town, pick some stuff up there that makes you look cultured (i.e. stuff from other countries). Again, that will add to the class, make for conversation, and also make you look well travaled, or at least knowledgeable of other cultures. Don't clutter the place up, but don't go too minimulist. I'd agree w/ the "lived in" philosophy. Have an interesting coffee table. And finally, make sure you can easily change the lighting from bright to party to "bow chica bow bow" [;)] Edited to add: I'm 25 and single and live in a college town and have college friends, if that helps w/ my credibility?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:27:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SWIRE: Do you have problems determining how old some of the girls are when you first approach them?
View Quote
Not too steal this one from Norman74, but YES, it can be hard to tell some High School chicks from young college chicks, and furthermore, it can be very hard to tell frosh from juniors and seniors. I had this smokin' blond ask me out about a year and a half ago. Turned out she had been 18 for 3 months, and I had been out of college for 2 years. It could have worked if she had been old for her age, but as luck would have it, she was hot, and nothing else. It can't hurt to try though!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:35:11 PM EDT
How should you set up your bachelor pad? Any ol' way you want. Just have LOTS of money, a fancy car and an attitude. That's what attracts babes. Everything else is secondary....
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:39:38 PM EDT
When I was an intern a fellow intern and I shared the keys to a little apartment that was maintained purely as a den of iniquity. The furnishings were sparse and crappy. But we kept a fairly steady flow of nubile nymphets passing through that portal of lust based not on furnishings, but on our ability to carry on a conversation, have a sense of humor, and make the individual du jour feel special. People skills are your most important asset unless you're looking for mindless ditzes whom I've found too aggravating to tolerate regardless of the circumstance.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:41:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 95thFoot: How should you set up your bachelor pad? Any ol' way you want. Just have LOTS of money, a fancy car and an attitude. That's what attracts babes. Everything else is secondary....
View Quote
Yup!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:43:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SWIRE: norman74 thanks for the input. I saw your other thread about a girl being too young. Do you have problems determining how old some of the girls are when you first approach them? For example, there were two girls that work at the gym I go to. One is 20 and looks about 19. The other looks the same age but was only a junior in high school. Yikes, I don't want to go there.
View Quote
Yeah, these days that shit is tough. My buddy kept hitting on this chick in the grocery store. She'd ring up his shit every weekend, he'd put on his mac while they were talking, she seemed to dig him... Then the newspaper came out last month with the pictures of all the recent HS graduates, she was in there. Of course, when he told ME about it, I was like "Dude, now you know she's at least 18, AND you know her full name!"
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:55:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigJ491: My .02 I'd agree w/ Norman74's take on the furniture matching. It will give you the appearance of having more class...
View Quote
[LOL]
...Also, have a bookshelf w/ a wide range of books, from philosophical to humor. That will also help w/ the class thing. If you have a World Market in your town, pick some stuff up there that makes you look cultured (i.e. stuff from other countries). Again, that will add to the class, make for conversation, and also make you look well travaled, or at least knowledgeable of other cultures. Don't clutter the place up, but don't go too minimulist. I'd agree w/ the "lived in" philosophy. Have an interesting coffee table. And finally, make sure you can easily change the lighting from bright to party to "bow chica bow bow" [;)] Edited to add: I'm 25 and single and live in a college town and have college friends, if that helps w/ my credibility?
View Quote
I'd have to agree with most of that. You wanna mix the clean minimalist IKEA look with some thift-store (save some $$$), retro-chic items with character that'll (hopefully) show off your [b]originality[/b], humor, and individual style. Which is ironic, considering your place would end up looking like the set of Friends. But that's not all bad. Chicks like that show, and hopefully your crib, too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:58:59 PM EDT
Sounds like you will have a nicely decorated house if you follow the advice of the men here. However, the problem remains, how do you get them in the door? TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:02:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TitaniumT: Sounds like you will have a nicely decorated house if you follow the advice of the men here. However, the problem remains, how do you get them in the door? TT [wave]
View Quote
Hey, I hit on that from the get-go! If you're near a major walking path to/from the school you've got all sorts of opportunity. Get a dog dude.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:19:22 PM EDT
[img]http://pix.crutchfield.com/products/2002/700/h70050XB900-f_LD-S.jpeg[/img] Plasma TV, kick-ass home theater system and a comfortable love seat.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:32:41 PM EDT
[b]How should I setup my bachelor pad?[/b] Go with what works, a simple style with a proven track record. Now, would someone please post a pic of the Oval Office during the Klinton regime for this young man? cynic
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:54:48 PM EDT
Big comfy couches, cool coffee table with men's fitness magazines, killer home theater and DVD collection, and yes beanbag chairs. Once you do a chick in a beanbag chair, the word will spread and soon will the legs of all the girls that come over. All of this can NEVER replace the value of making girls laugh! If you can listen and understand and make them laugh, you will be knee deep in the pink! Build a small bar in the corner of one room and keep the shit stocked! If you build it, they will come and come again!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:02:43 PM EDT
For what you are looking for, you just need simple furniture that is nice/NOT ratty and is comfy. Keep your layout simple so it's EASY TO CLEAN. Chicks hate a messy disgusting pad. You need a big TV and a DVD player, and a thumpin' A/V rig that you can hear from the sidewalk jamming the hip hop dancin' love groove. Add a really cute dog, lighting that you can turn down, a fridge full of beer and stuff, and a bunch of well dressed friends. Hang on your porch with your buds and some brews, tunes cranking. Strike up some conversation with hotties as they pass. If you are dead nutz confident, you will get about 1 out of every 6-8 groups of chicks to hang out and party in an evening. The dog will get 1 in 5 to at least stop and pet him. That is enough. You are golden. Did I mention CLEAN and NEAT?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:28:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TitaniumT: Sounds like you will have a nicely decorated house if you follow the advice of the men here. However, the problem remains, how do you get them in the door? TT [wave]
View Quote
Chloroform and ruffies baby. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:47:12 PM EDT
[url=http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2941170]Scopolamine!![/url] [:P]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:54:13 PM EDT
With lots and lots of women!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:29:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TheKill: For what you are looking for, you just need simple furniture that is nice/NOT ratty and is comfy. Keep your layout simple so it's EASY TO CLEAN. Chicks hate a messy disgusting pad. You need a big TV and a DVD player, and a thumpin' A/V rig that you can hear from the sidewalk jamming the hip hop dancin' love groove. Add a really cute dog, lighting that you can turn down, a fridge full of beer and stuff, and a bunch of well dressed friends. Hang on your porch with your buds and some brews, tunes cranking. Strike up some conversation with hotties as they pass. If you are dead nutz confident, you will get about 1 out of every 6-8 groups of chicks to hang out and party in an evening. The dog will get 1 in 5 to at least stop and pet him. That is enough. You are golden. Did I mention CLEAN and NEAT?
View Quote
TheKill IS ON THE BALL!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:03:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:04:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 11:05:53 PM EDT by darealickt]
Originally Posted By BigMHoff:
Originally Posted By TheKill: For what you are looking for, you just need simple furniture that is nice/NOT ratty and is comfy. Keep your layout simple so it's EASY TO CLEAN. Chicks hate a messy disgusting pad. You need a big TV and a DVD player, and a thumpin' A/V rig that you can hear from the sidewalk jamming the hip hop dancin' love groove. Add a really cute dog, lighting that you can turn down, a fridge full of beer and stuff, and a bunch of well dressed friends. Hang on your porch with your buds and some brews, tunes cranking. Strike up some conversation with hotties as they pass. If you are dead nutz confident, you will get about 1 out of every 6-8 groups of chicks to hang out and party in an evening. The dog will get 1 in 5 to at least stop and pet him. That is enough. You are golden. Did I mention CLEAN and NEAT?
View Quote
TheKill IS ON THE BALL!!
View Quote
Indeed he is. But all this does not matter if you don't have your chick skills down. Twenty seven is past the age that most men figure this out, so I'm sure that's not a problem. But could your skills be better? The pad may attract 100 girls over the summer. Are you good enough to bed 10, or 40 of them?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:06:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 11:08:43 PM EDT by Corporal_Chaos]
SteyrAUG 6/20/2003 1:28:07 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally Posted By TitaniumT: Sounds like you will have a nicely decorated house if you follow the advice of the men here. However, the problem remains, how do you get them in the door? TT -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chloroform and ruffies baby.
View Quote
[ROFL2] So that's how it's done?[:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:19:09 PM EDT
Wall to wall waterbed!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:54:10 PM EDT
Park a BMW out front.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:08:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 5:11:23 AM EDT by whisper300]
Some good advice here some bad, whatever. First of all pretending to be someone you are not can be fun, but leads to nothing in the end. People should like you for who you are not who you pretend to be. Well built usefull furnishings never hurt anyone. People like to spill things, burn things and generally disrespect your stuff when they are all liquored up and having fun. With that said I would opt for furniture that has slipover covers that can be replaced and washed with minimum cost to you. Tables and chairs with sturdy legs to take punishment of being used alot. Now what I found always gets college students over to a house really quick is availability of large sums of liquor and FOOD. Learn to cook!!!! No woman in her right mind can resist a man that knows his way around a kitchen. Personally I would spend my money in an AWSOME kitchen/dining room setup that can handle lots of people and an intimate setting when called upon. The more refrigeration you have the more beer and other general alcohol you can keep cold. Not everyone responds to coming to a party but few college kids will say no to FREE dinner and drinks. Always easy chit chat around a table and wine loosens everone up. Add to this a knowledge of the fancy meal you prepared and lots of before dinner and after dinner mixed drinks and you may have yourself a winner. Also a nice kitchen will increase the value of your home. But hell what do I know i'm married. Have fun and good luck!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:21:50 AM EDT
Intellectual coffee table reading material is key. You also need to get some classic works of art - prints, paintings, sculptures, etc. Background music is another nice touch. Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:35:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:02:43 AM EDT
One other thing, nothing you do is going to "trick" them. Park the bimmer in the drive? chicks are gonna know you're trying to impress them. Get a dog? chicks are gonna know you're trying to impress them. It's not a bad thing, since that's really what chicks want to see, you going to some kind of effort to impress them. Just don't go overboard, or be blatant about it. I knew this guy in college that decided he was going to become the liquor/drink mixing guy. He could make all manner of mixed drinks that girls liked. He had an amazingly well stocked bar, with all the basics, plus all sorts of obscure stuff. Chicks were always at his house, but they were never hooking up with him. They knew he was trying too hard to impress, but they were still willing to drink his free liquor. I used to love going over there 'cause chicks were there, but he never managed to capitalize.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:09:33 AM EDT
comfortable, conveninet, and fun. that is what makes a good party spot. all of the furnishings and other stuff are just means to an end. how you get there is really up to you. jsut consider your target audience and the types you want to hang out with. if you can manage those three, you will be off to an outstanding start. add a decent personality and you'll be fine. btw, what part of kentucky? i've been looking for a good road trip.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:11:36 AM EDT
you need this: stage, mirrored walls, GOLD POLE I think you get the idea!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:30:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SWIRE: Ok, I would like some input on setting up cool bachelor pad. A little background, I'm 27 and recently single and will stay that way for awhile. I have a 100 year old Victorian house in town about 4 blocks from a small college where the girl guy ratio is 3 girls for 1 guy. I would like my place to be one of the places where people (mainly the extreamly attractive girls) will want to stop by on a continual basis. The house has a basement but it's only 5-6ft deep with a dirt floor, so using it is not an option right now. I recently finished renovating 2 rooms in the house but don't have any furniture in them. I would like to have parties every so often but I'm not sure how to go about that. My back yard is very tiny I might be able to fit two picnic tables in it and that would be it. The front yard is out of the question. So given the limitations how would you go about setting up a bachelor pad? College starts back up at the end of August so I have two months to get ready.
View Quote
So yer goin' Old School! One thing that every bachlor must have is a kegarator- Get an old fridge than get the [url=www.kegworks.com/cart/store.mgi?sec=Draft%20Beer%20Equipment&cat=Refrigerator%20Conversion%20Kits&subcat=Single%20Tap%20Kits#C240]conversion kit [/url] They are great for parties.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:58:33 AM EDT
There's a lot of good ideas coming. To follow up to several of the posts. I am the guy talking about the dating book, [url]http://www.doubleyourdating.com[/url] It is definately worth the price and I learned quite a few things I should have learned 10 years ago. I always ended up just be a friend to the girls I wanted to date and never the guy who got the date, that has changed. I wasn't raised in a social household and have been described as an intravert in past. So for me to start being social and hosting social events is going to require some learning, which is why I started asking people who are more experienced in that area for ides. Now as for trying to impressing women with money, pets, cars, free booze...ect, I have no interest in that or dealing with the type of women that only look for that. My attitude is if anything it will be the women that have to impress me if they want to keep coming back. I am confident in myself and I don't waste anytime with women that want to play games or try to manipulate (whining, attitude, teasing)trying to get their way. I think torstin hit it on the head with comfortable, conveninet, and fun. Which is what I will be working towards. I really like the stage, mirrored walls, and gold pole idea.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:00:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By torstin: btw, what part of kentucky? i've been looking for a good road trip.
View Quote
I'm north of Lexington.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:06:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SWIRE: Now as for trying to impressing women with money, pets, cars, free booze...ect, I have no interest in that or dealing with the type of women that only look for that. My attitude is if anything it will be the women that have to impress me if they want to keep coming back. I am confident in myself and I don't waste anytime with women that want to play games or try to manipulate (whining, attitude, teasing)trying to get their way.
View Quote
Read my post above. It's really not about WHAT you do to impress a woman, it's just that you're doing something. You cannot just sit on your ass shooting your guns and getting drunk with your friends playing PS2 and expect women to fall in your lap. You have to at least make them think that you're making an effort to impress/woo/chase them. I personally have missed out a couple of times because I was unwilling to chase them/play the game. It's fine if you choose not to play the game, but just be aware of the choice you're making. Things like being well dressed while still having your own sense of style, cooking, etc. are all ways to impress without appearing or being too superficial. I didn't get a dog to impress women, but it has certainly helped. I didn't buy my truck or my Harley to impress women, but they've certainly helped. I didn't get tattooed to impress women, but the girl I was with last week told me that she loved looking up to see the tats, so I can live with that. Women want to feel pursued, sometimes even if they don't want you. Look at miss_magnum's problem wih her little stalker friend. The "type of women that only look for that" is all women, on some level. You just have to pick what level you want to play at.
I really like the stage, mirrored walls, and gold pole idea.
View Quote
Ever see that episode of Cribs where the rappers have that setup in their house? I also used to know this chick that had a party bus set up complete with stripper pole.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:11:41 AM EDT
[red]You cannot just sit on your ass shooting your guns and getting drunk with your friends playing PS2 and expect women to fall in your lap. [/red] What?! that works for me. met my last two GFs doing just that. though they are both shooters so i guess that helped.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:15:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:20:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By norman74: Read my post above. It's really not about WHAT you do to impress a woman, it's just that you're doing something. You cannot just sit on your ass shooting your guns and getting drunk with your friends playing PS2 and expect women to fall in your lap. You have to at least make them think that you're making an effort to impress/woo/chase them. I personally have missed out a couple of times because I was unwilling to chase them/play the game.
View Quote
I take it you haven't read the book that I keep talking about. It covers what actually attracts women and it has nothing to do with trying to impress them. As you pointed out, you didn't do things to impress the women but they were attracted to the dog, truck and tats. Personality has more to do with it than anything else. Trying to impress someone into liking you is simply saying "I'm such a pathetic person by myself that maybe if I buy you things, take you out to dinner, by a really nice car for you to be seen in, then maybe you will be so gracious as to spend some time with me." Sadly I used to do these things hoping to impress a woman and get a date. If I learned anything from my Atlanta trip it was that I didn't have to try to impress a women with material things, all I needed to be was a strong confident cocky and fun person. Now that doesn't mean I don't have to play the game. The game is always being played. Every interaction with an attractive female is just that and if it doesn't work or I mess it up, I simply say next and move on. There are plenty of them out there. This is a much healthier attitude compared to what I used to have where I felt I had to impress women and make everything work perfect because they were hard to come by.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:28:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 7:29:54 AM EDT by SuperAlpha]
I have found that most women are DRAMA QUEENS. They need pain and suffering. They need someone to complain to. They love the attention. I have dated a few girls that ended going back to their stalker ex-boyfriends. These guys would beat the crap out of the girl and harass her. They would often wait outside the apartment while we were on a date, only to encounter us and harass/threaten us when we got back. (One guy waited from 8:00pm to 2:45am!) One time he threatened to "gut her like a pig", with the movers as witnesses, while we were moving her to a new apartment to get away from him. Well, 1 week later, she dumped me and was back with him!! Holy cow! ps: she would never get a restraining order, and she would never let me defend her from him....isn't that weird???
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:29:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 7:37:15 AM EDT by Avalon01]
When I was at college, I stood out since my place was clean and neat. Women HATE!!! to go somewhere that looks like a shithole. It's not nessacary to be compulsive about cleaning up, but every Thursday my place would be scrubbed down. When people started to arrive on Friday night, my underwear was put away, my porn was hidden, and the funky odor in the bathroom was gone. As for parties, my place wasn't big, but most people didn't mind standing. I knew a guy that wanted to be a DJ, so I would let him pick music to play. When ever I threw a party, I had a couple of people help out. The guy that knew how to BBQ a bitchn' set of ribs was out front working the grill, a couple of "social butterflies" would help me work the crowd, one guy would DJ, and I would be making sure the beer never ran out. I figure that every party I threw was busted up by cops, so they couldn't have been bad! Av.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:34:05 AM EDT
Damn you guys can turn anythinginto a flame war... As for the crib, lots of good advice so far. It depends on what kind of chick you are looking for. But one word can go along way...Class... thats right even just a little goes along way. Ya gotta keep it simple, and neat. A dirty crib is fine for the boys and chillin, but not to impress da ladies. Wine rack,with a good red selection, corked varities only [:)] good sets of glasses and plates and shit, they love that. If you put something on the wall make sure its a framed picture that you know something about, not a poster. Simple clean lined furniture, don't make it yourself unless you are very good at it. The little dog is a great idea by the way, they love that shit. Wall to wall carpet is for affordable rentals, go for a throw rug or two and they will be greatly impressed. Have some reading material on display but no magazines, and make sure you have read it or know something about it. Poetry goes along way as well. For the event make sure the bedroom is clean and smells that way. Have you ever changed your sheets? I know I know it makes no sense to me either. I don't know about where you live but some things are area specific. Like BMW's vs Pickup trucks. Ya have to know the area. And remember college girls are the eaisest on the planet to lay, just play to there pathetic little minds. Goodluck and have fun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:48:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
Originally Posted By norman74: Read my post above. It's really not about WHAT you do to impress a woman, it's just that you're doing something. You cannot just sit on your ass shooting your guns and getting drunk with your friends playing PS2 and expect women to fall in your lap. You have to at least make them think that you're making an effort to impress/woo/chase them. I personally have missed out a couple of times because I was unwilling to chase them/play the game.
View Quote
I take it you haven't read the book that I keep talking about. It covers what actually attracts women and it has nothing to do with trying to impress them. As you pointed out, you didn't do things to impress the women but they were attracted to the dog, truck and tats. Personality has more to do with it than anything else. Trying to impress someone into liking you is simply saying "I'm such a pathetic person by myself that maybe if I buy you things, take you out to dinner, by a really nice car for you to be seen in, then maybe you will be so gracious as to spend some time with me." Sadly I used to do these things hoping to impress a woman and get a date. If I learned anything from my Atlanta trip it was that I didn't have to try to impress a women with material things, all I needed to be was a strong confident cocky and fun person. Now that doesn't mean I don't have to play the game. The game is always being played. Every interaction with an attractive female is just that and if it doesn't work or I mess it up, I simply say next and move on. There are plenty of them out there. This is a much healthier attitude compared to what I used to have where I felt I had to impress women and make everything work perfect because they were hard to come by.
View Quote
Actually, I downloaded the book the other day, but I haven't had time to read it because I have had a girl at the house every evening since then [;)]. Maybe I don't need to read it afterall.....lol. Anyway, you're missing what I'm saying. I'm actually agreeing with you in alot of ways, saying that JUST the car, or JUST the dog aren't going to do it. That doesn't change the fact that women like to feel special, and like you're doing something to woo them. That's all. HOW you woo them will determine the types of women you meet/pickup.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:50:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Miss_Magnum:
Originally Posted By norman74: Women want to feel pursued, sometimes even if they don't want you. Look at miss_magnum's problem wih her little stalker friend.
View Quote
You know what, norman? Fuck off. You've made enough incorrect assumptions about me. I will be sure to be as understanding and helpful when you post about having been incarcerated for statutory rape.
View Quote
IM sent, I don't want to hijack this dude's thread.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:13:22 AM EDT
Post from SWIRE -
I would like my place to be one of the places where people (mainly the extreamly attractive girls) will want to stop by on a continual basis.
View Quote
Easy! Rent out a bedroom to the recently-separated Hun. The chicks will come aplenty. Trust me! [:D] Recreational drugs are also a good ploy. Eric The(Easy-Going)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:45:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By norman74: Actually, I downloaded the book the other day, but I haven't had time to read it because I have had a girl at the house every evening since then [;)]. Maybe I don't need to read it afterall.....lol. Anyway, you're missing what I'm saying. I'm actually agreeing with you in alot of ways, saying that JUST the car, or JUST the dog aren't going to do it. That doesn't change the fact that women like to feel special, and like you're doing something to woo them. That's all. HOW you woo them will determine the types of women you meet/pickup.
View Quote
Ok gotcha. I agree on everything you just said. As for reading the book, it might not change your game but it should explain why your game works and how not to blow it with your current lady friend.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:00:33 AM EDT
OK Norman is on it. I am the old guy that always gets the young women. Never had a fancy car, had a simple apartment. SHe had the BMW. It is simple, a 20 something girl is tired of boys! You can't be what you are not. DId you ever wonder why Professors get all the coeds? They are not BOYS! Women have a software program in their head, it kicks in in the 20s. It says grow up, boys on the other hand, have a program that says party. You want a to show the fun, but mature side of yourself. I had this awesome futon sofa, was 7' long, opened easy....real easy.
Top Top