Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 3:47:16 PM EDT
I seem to be noticing more and more folks posting on here "all is lost, life sucks, I don't know why I don't just put my head in the oven".  I have come to think of these as eeyore posts because it's the only way I can resist posting "head in the oven?  get on with it then and quit crying".

What the hell is wrong with you people? "Boohoo, some bimbo left me 3 years ago and I'm still whining about it." " Boohoo, the dotcom busted and I lost my job with the ridiculously inflated salary and haven't had the good sense to retrain."  "Boohoo, people picked on me in high school and I still haven't gotten over it in 15 years."

Christ people, buck up.  If you have your health, you have absolutely nothing to complain about.  That is all you can ask for in life, good health.  Everything else is up to you to make it or break it.  I don't give a shit if you were born ugly and poor; if you have your health the world is your oyster.  Pull youself up by your bootstraps, and get on with life.  If you feel you have to punk out and take some happy pills to do so, then get the fuck on with it and take the goddamn pills.  For crying out loud there's one of these chronic whiners that has mentioned suicide and his car getting keyed in the same post!  Get on with it already!  If a car getting keyed is what's pushing you over the edge, then go ahead and jump.  Lord knows the last thing we need is for you to live long enough to reproduce and have kids just as fucked up as you are.

Yes, we all post "my job sucks" or "I got ripped off on the 'net" or "the hurricane knocked over my house" or "my wife left me" posts from time to time.  That's not what I'm talking about.  I've never heard anyone post "I got ripped off on the 'net and now I'm going to go hang myself".  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
A big plus one +1

I would have posted a longer comment...but I am pretty depressed about my life now...Think I will go stick my head in the oven/range...oh wait my oven is electric...and only one of the burners is working and...it doesn't cook even so the pies are browned on one side and not the other.

MT_Product of my own decisions_Pockets

edit: Just say "NO" to drugs
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I like to let off steam on arfcom - like bitching about how much I hate my mustang, or how irritating I find my students - but it's just letting off steam, not a statement of my life sucking.  Kind of like the army - whingeing at each other was a great stress-reliever.

But generally I'm very happy with my life currently!!  I've got another three years on my contract, I love my job, I love my house, and I love my fiancee.  It sucks a little that she lives 350 miles away, but on the other hand, I get to eat what I want, watch tv whenever I want, and go to bed when I want
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
damn. i thought this was going to be a link to one of thost fancy online tests that tell you what you are.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
damn. i thought this was going to be a link to one of thost fancy online tests that tell you what you are.

I can tell you that.

If you take an on-line test to find out what you are ... you are an idiot!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Only the strong survive.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am pretty pathetic, I like the posts, they help me realize that things aint so bad, and that at least I aint as bad off as some others.

So arfcom is therepeutic, like watching Springer.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe I am pathetic because I am unaware of just how bad off I am????

MT
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Ya, well DK-PROF, lied to me, he said he was going to send me case of Danish 30-06 and a case of beer, but never did....

So should I get over that, or keep holding a grudge?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]
im pretty pathetic.

just dont whine online.

i have beer to talk to.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ya, well DK-PROF, lied to me, he said he was going to send me case of Danish 30-06 and a case of beer, but never did....

I'll send you the cases as soon as the CMP Garand arrives in the mail.  Are you sure you sent it?

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I'M SO GODDAMN MISERABLE!

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll send you the cases as soon as the CMP Garand arrives in the mail.  Are you sure you sent it?

Ya I sent it, I put the send to address, the same as the return address.....

Oh, well now, that explains the extra Garand I got the other day.....

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I am upset because I never learned how to read.  It makes me feel extremely pathetic.  Does anyone have a link to a good learn-to-read website?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I should just ship some of my Garands to myself - that way I could ALMOST feel like I was getting one from the CMP.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Motivational speaker?  

I have to say I agree with you 100%.  Pull yourself together and live life!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#18]
A tip/request: If your gonna kill yourself, please walk into the nearest hospital and do it there. Unattended deaths require police investigation.

AZ(Dontmakemyjobsuck,please)K9
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#20]
"....it's not your fault.  It's NOT....your fault.  It's not your fault."

Those types of posts Norman's referencing should seriously go and get a professional shrink.   An AR15 website isn't exactly a proper venue for psychological nurturing.  For that, I'd recommend the BOTD section over at Pre-Ban or Full-Auto.  Works for me every time.

Well....times up.  My bill's in the mail.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Live Fast, Die Young.  No Regrets.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

What's wrong with living fast when you are young, and then living well when you are older?  That's my plan, and it's working pretty good so far.

I've never understood the "live fast, die young" line
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's wrong with living fast when you are young, and then living well when you are older?  That's my plan, and it's working pretty good so far.

I've never understood the "live fast, die young" line

I'm still young so I can say foolish things like that, but living well when I'm older sounds like a great idea to me.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I should just ship some of my Garands to myself - that way I could ALMOST feel like I was getting one from the CMP.  

And to think, yall thought I was a idiot.......
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I squat to piss (not out of cleanliness or respect for others. I just like the cool rush of swirling water burbleing beneath my balls).
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Note to self:  Put head in oven before posting for sympathy.

Check.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys sure whine alot.

Why don't you just not fucking click on them and move on?

Some people need help and like to talk about things in their lives.

We can't all be perfect like you Norman74.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I HAVE NO PROBLEMS!!  

I AM STRONG AND CONFIDENT.....
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Seriously, would anyone really read a thread entitled "made more this week than you make in a year and banged a girl young enough to be my daughter!"

Why not?
I enjoy reading fiction now and then.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, would anyone really read a thread entitled "made more this week than you make in a year and banged a girl young enough to be my daughter!"

Why not?
I enjoy reading fiction now and then.

I love the posts about big Catholic penis's and balls and in reality their balls are all shriveled up and they can't find their penis' enough to get it up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#35]
People who whine and cry about how bad they have it are just wanting others to fuss over them. You know, "ah bro it'll be ok, here let me hold you and make you feel better, there, now now shhhhh, don't cry" Yeah, it is pathetic as hell, but go figure, a lot of the posters here are insecure punks, that need someone to hold their hand and change their diaper for them. The Eagles said it best. GET OVER IT !!

AB
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I've never heard anyone post "I got ripped off on the 'net and now I'm going to go hang myself".  

I got ripped off on the 'net and now I'm going to go hang myself!

You heard it here first.

Quoted:
A tip/request: If your gonna kill yourself, please walk into the nearest hospital and do it there. Unattended deaths require police investigation.

AZ(Dontmakemyjobsuck,please)K9

Back up there!  I've got my hands full killing patients in the hospital as it is.  Now 'Suicide By Cop' go straight to the morgue.  I like that better.

j/k
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#37]
It's really bad for me. I have an electric oven, all I'll get is a gentle tan.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
We can't all be perfect like you Norman74.

The least you could do is try.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Computers around the world need to be unplugged.

Norman is correct. People complain too much around here as of late.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

If you have your health, you have absolutely nothing to complain about.  

Well mine is okay, but my wife's mental & physical health SUCKS.  It's pretty tough.

But, we do okay anyway.   God provides.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can tell you that.

If you take an on-line test to find out what you are ... you are an idiot!  

but everyone knows that those test are scientifically proven.. they must be correct.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate whiney bitches.

That's what you'll be when UT stomps yer gay OU girlie team.  Stick yer head in the oven now and get it over with.

Wanna put some money on that?

$10.  Loser pays up at GS.

How about a new 30 round USGI mag?

Don't trust him.

I haven't gotten my mags yet

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top