Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2010 9:14:09 AM EDT
My fridge runs 90% of the time and shuts off very rarely.Its just off the living room and drives me bananas. Should I use it for target practice?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, you better go catch it!
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
mine doesnt have legs
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#3]
It tried once. Now I keep it chained to a tree in my front yard.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#4]
OMG you guys are hilarious.. How often does you refridgerator compressor cycle on and off.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine ran for 8 minutes, 27 seconds, then cycled off for 6 minutes, 43 seconds.

Something is wrong.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know I can't hear it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Clean the coils.  If you are like most people you have never cleaned them.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine will run for about 20 minutes, then cycle off for about 20.  

The problem is, it sounds like a train wreck when the compressor shuts off.

Have checked to ensure the motor is securely mounted to the frame...no problem.

Have cleaned the coils and in & around the motor...no problem.

The freezer and the fridge are both keeping things at proper temps.  

It continues to work but that train wreck each time it shuts itself off can't be good for it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or you can wait for it to die.

Then your wife will want a new refrigerator.  But not one like the old one - a bigger, shiny, nicer one that costs $1200.

It doesn't matter if the cutout for the kitchen isn't big enough for the new fridge, you can start tearing down walls and doing masonry work on your next 6 free weekends.

And since you're already tearing down the kitchen walls, let's remodel.

Oh, and she also will want new cabinets, a new stove, put in a vent hood and a new line (more masonry, BTW), then tile everything.

And since you're already working in the kitchen, let's turn the adjacent closet into another bathroom.  That won't be too much extra work.

Don't worry, once you do everything else she promises she'll do the 3 square feet of plaster work to finish it all up.  Except she won't and you'll have a completely new kitchen with a gaping hole with exposed plaster slats because she can't be bothered to get dirty for 4 hours of work.  So you can do that, too.

And even when you've got a nice new kitchen and everything, you'll still have to do all the cooking because she could burn water.

Trust me on this one...

CLEAN.
THE.
FUCKING.
COILS.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or you can wait for it to die.

Then your wife will want a new refrigerator.  But not one like the old one - a bigger, shiny, nicer one that costs $1200.

It doesn't matter if the cutout for the kitchen isn't big enough for the new fridge, you can start tearing down walls and doing masonry work on your next 6 free weekends.

And since you're already tearing down the kitchen walls, let's remodel.

Oh, and she also will want new cabinets, a new stove, put in a vent hood and a new line (more masonry, BTW), then tile everything.

And since you're already working in the kitchen, let's turn the adjacent closet into another bathroom.  That won't be too much extra work.

Don't worry, once you do everything else she promises she'll do the 3 square feet of plaster work to finish it all up.  Except she won't and you'll have a completely new kitchen with a gaping hole with exposed plaster slats because she can't be bothered to get dirty for 4 hours of work.  So you can do that, too.

And even when you've got a nice new kitchen and everything, you'll still have to do all the cooking because she could burn water.

Trust me on this one...

CLEAN.

THE.

FUCKING.

COILS.

Looks like you chose wrong.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Ive cleaned the coils and the thermocouple (sp), I guess its about normal as far as how often it cycles, its just pretty noisy and its about 12 feet from where I sit and watch the tube, surf the net etc.. We are remodeling the entire floor when the moneys there including moving the entire kitchen to the other side of the house. We like nice stuff and the last time we looked at fridges we had sort of decided on the Sub Zero with the glass door $7K. But I figure hell it will last as long or longer than a new car, get used more often and add to the resale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top