Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2005 9:43:58 AM EDT
Long story short.

The whole family (Me, wife, 14 year old daughter, 12 year old son) is sitting in the living room and the 8:00 show is just getting over.  I'm not even paying attention as I just got home.

A new show at 8:30 premieres...FREDDIE.

Two nice looking guys in their 20's with two nice looking ladies in their 20's.  They are at a party.

The girls decide they are going to leave.

One guy says to the other.."What did we do wrong, why did we go through all this trouble?"

The other says, "Because we thought we were gonna get LAID!"

It caught me by surprise.  Isn't 8:00 to 9:00 supposed to be family hour?  Where are the censors?  Am I just naive?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
That IS family hour stuff now...

if it was after 9:00, the two chicks probably would have started humping each others legs and kissing (and if they did that, I'd tune in...)
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Long story short.

The whole family (Me, wife, 14 year old daughter, 12 year old son) is sitting in the living room and the 8:00 show is just getting over.  I'm not even paying attention as I just got home.

A new show at 8:30 premieres...FREDDIE.

Two nice looking guys in their 20's with two nice looking ladies in their 20's.  They are at a party.

The girls decide they are going to leave.

One guy says to the other.."What did we do wrong, why did we go through all this trouble?"

The other says, "Because we thought we were gonna get LAID!"

It caught me by surprise.  Isn't 8:00 to 9:00 supposed to be family hour?  Where are the censors?  Am I just naive?

You're naive
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
long gong are the days of quality television

I'd suggest you turn family time into family time and lose the tv all together
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I would bet a pint of Guinness Stout that both of your children understand the expression and were quietly embarrassed to hear it in your presence.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would bet a pint of Guinness Stout that both of your children understand the expression and were quietly embarrassed to hear it in your presence.

Stout...mmmm

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
long gong are the days of suitable television

Yeah. I pine for the days when the smuttiest thing heard was :"Gee, Ward, weren't you a little hard on the Beaver last night?'
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#7]
That show was on at 730 in my time zone, so even more like family time.  It does not bother me though because I am 20 something and have no "family"
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Big +1.  You won't regret it in the least.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That IS family hour stuff now...

+1

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#10]
You're naive.

If you think that's surprising, watch the commercials for the shows and movies they show on that ABC Family Channel.

Network TV is garbage. Sexual content and bad language are the substitutes for creativity and talent. I don't even bother watching new shows.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:50:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1  

Kill your TV.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Like the War at Home on Fox... a week or two ago they had the parents AND kids using pot, hiding it from each other, stealing it from each other, etc.  Before 9.  I think it's a funny show, but I don't need our 11 year old seeing it.  Not yet.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Hell I was hoping to get to be the first to say  "Draw Down" but uhm, this isn't that bad,  at least I think that because of desensitization.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Desperate housewives.........nuff said.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That is on AFTER 9:00 is the East.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#16]
First off, what are you doing watching network TV?

Secondarily, censors and censorship sucks.  If you don't like it, turn it off.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Yup .... thats how it is nowadays.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Realize that they hear and see much much worse at school.  Fact of life.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is still the most popular show out there.  And the whole premise is about infidelity.

The real question is this........did this LabLover change the channel?

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is still the most popular show out there.  And the whole premise is about infidelity.

The real question is this........did this LabLover change the channel?

Yes, channel was changed.

My point is that we are subjected to this bullshit without warning.  Some shows after 9:00 and 10:00 have warnings.  No warning here.

Just because my kids may hear worse at school does not make this right.  Where do we draw the line?  There are no lines anymore, just one big blur.  Kids do not know when they have crossed the line because the liberal media has slowly eroded the values and mores we used to have.

I am not a puritan by any standard, but I would at least like to protect my kids from some of this crap until they are a little older.  Think about how far things have come since we were kids to today.  Hell, 5 years from now Barney will be showing toddlers how to whack off to BOTD threads!!

'nuf said

Lab out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top