Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:15:23 PM EDT
There is a couple that live a few doors down from us.  My fiance and the woman are becoming good friends.  He husband is an ok guy, but we probably wouldn't hang out together on our own or anything.

Anyway, for the last few months, we have had them over here for dinner and we go over there once  a week (dinner together twice a week).

I am starting to get feed-up with seeing the neighbors all the time.  A few minutes ago, the fiance calls ands asks if we could invite them over for pizza.  We just had dinner with them Thurday night.  I say no, I just want to relax tonight and watch a movie or something, and she gets all hissy-fit.

Does anyone else here think twice (or more) a week is excessive?  It might be different if he and I were best-friends or something.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Probally not too much, but it would damn well be too much for me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell your woman to go out for pizza with the guy's wife if she wants to hang out with her.

But make sure she makes you some sammiches before she leaves.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Too much for me. It's nice to be friendly with the neighbors, have the occasional beer and grill-out. But there's a fine line between being friendly and it becoming suffocating, imho, because you live so close to them that it can become impossible to extricate yourself from the social obligation.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they know about your intrest in EBR's?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless you all just hit it off and have lives and interests that intersect perfectly, I'd say more than a few times a month is probably overdoing it.

IMHO, of course.

Reminds me of my ex-wife.  She INSISTED that I become friends with her friends (of which I had little in common) and after she forced all MY friends away ("I just don't like them").  When I balked at spending time with her friends, I got painted as anti-social (true ) and "embarrassing" her.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Next thing the fiancee will be asking..   "Honey, John and Joan want to come over for a party and swinger sex.  John says he'll wear a condom if you will.."
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
When you start swinging and swaping the womenz would be a clue.  (Paging Mr Bama Shooter, paging Mr. Bama shooter, please pick up the white courtesy phone. .. Paging Mr. Hedonist, Paging Mr. Hedonist, please meet your party in the lobby ).
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Next thing the fiancee will be asking..   "Honey, John and Joan want to come over for a party and swinger sex.  John says he'll wear a condom if you will.."

Hmm, she is pretty hot
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Waaaaaay too much!

Tell your fiance to grow up.  Let her know that you don't particularly hit it off with the other guy and if she wants to hang with the neighbor lady, fine but you are done with the "double dates" for awhile.  Limit it to once or twice per month.

Remember, you ARE the man of the house (unless she keeps your nuts in a jar).  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't even know my neighbors names.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Wasn't it you that had the swinger neighbors a while back?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#13]
That's way too much.  Would make me suspicious.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't it you that had the swinger neighbors a while back?

No. I know some swingers. They live about 85 miles south of me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I had to look mine up on the net..Everytime I talk to the guy he mumbles and stares at the ground..2 minutes after the conversation starts I'm itching for it to be over..The only reason I looked him up on the net was to make sure he wasn't a complete wierdo
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to look mine up on the net..Everytime I talk to the guy he mumbles and stares at the ground..2 minutes after the conversation starts I'm itching for it to be over..The only reason I looked him up on the net was to make sure he wasn't a complete wierdo

maybe he looked you up on the net earlier, and is afraid to speak to you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't make friends with the neighbors unless they're hot chicks.

I talk to my neighbors occasionaly, but if you get too friendly they'll start knocking on your door and being a nuisance.

<--- hermit

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I also don't make friends with neighbors... People suck.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#19]
You watch my house, I'll watch yours... Wave, smile, how's it going... That is it. O personally don't like any of my neighbors except for the broad across the street and she has a life.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I also don't make friends with neighbors... People suck.

+1. I think that if they're close acquaintances that once a week isn't out of line. Even twice a week on rare occasions is okay sometimes. If you've got ALOT in common, this rule may not apply.

I hardly ever talk to my neighbors, and that suits me just fine.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe you guys are a too antisocial.  But if you feel hanging out more than twice a week is too much, draw the line, or draw down.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Maybe you guys are a too antisocial.  But if you feel hanging out more than twice a week is too much, draw the line, or draw down.

Definitely am anti-social, due to a harsh life. Having dickhead neighbors doesn't help much. If I have something in common with someone, I can hit it off okay. If not, hard to hit it off, due to my being poor with small talk.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You watch my house, I'll watch yours... Wave, smile, how's it going... That is it. O personally don't like any of my neighbors except for the broad across the street and she has a life.

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd say the line is somewhere between inviting yourself over for pizza and fucking the neighbors wife.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe he looked you up on the net earlier, and is afraid to speak to you.

Probably intimidated by all the google entries regarding charity work, entrepreneurial successes, and the literary acclaim for the novels I've written about my days as a SEAL.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I think group sex would be pushing it., but other that that ok.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Start comparing the other to yours but make the other better sounding. (example) Honey, Do you think you could get your ass as firm as hers?
That will work out
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Start comparing the other to yours but make the other better sounding. (example) Honey, Do you think you could get your ass as firm as hers?
That will work out

Thanks for the tip!  The neighbor plays tennis and she has a nice, firm ass and legs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That will work out

Thanks for the tip!  The neighbor plays tennis and she has a nice, firm ass and legs.

That will get you a spot on the couch.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It's all fun and games until the balls touch.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
There is a couple that live a few doors down from us.  My fiance and the woman are becoming good friends.  He husband is an ok guy, but we probably wouldn't hang out together on our own or anything.

Anyway, for the last few months, we have had them over here for dinner and we go over there once  a week (dinner together twice a week).

I am starting to get feed-up with seeing the neighbors all the time.  A few minutes ago, the fiance calls ands asks if we could invite them over for pizza.  We just had dinner with them Thurday night.  I say no, I just want to relax tonight and watch a movie or something, and she gets all hissy-fit.

Does anyone else here think twice (or more) a week is excessive?  It might be different if he and I were best-friends or something.

Tell her you have the right to say no, and she shouldn't pressure you to get what she wants............

Just because she is friends with one half down the street doesn't mean you have to be buddies with the other half.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's all fun and games until the balls touch.

Ok, THERE'S an image I didn't need.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#33]
As crazy as it sounds my enviro-liberal neighbors are much better than my conservative neighbors.  The libs do have a cabin in the woods and have several guns, but they also voted for Kerry - he came to my door campaigning for him.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm a 24yo home owner, no GF/wife living with me, and the closest person in age to me on the street is the neighbor's ~19yo daughter, who has her own daughter (3 generations in the house). Suffice to say, I'm not invited to many neighborhood dinners.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#35]
We hate our neighbors.

We recently saw a "for sale" sign on thier lawn, but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a sign put there by a driveway paving company - we were depressed.

I want to put a "For Sale By Neighbor" sign out there.

If they ever do sell, I hope to buy the place, and personally level it with a machine.  I hate them that bad.

The bottom line is they have always been ridiculously jealous of our property being twice the size of thiers, and the fact that we own an access road that they wish they had.  In addition, were better looking and have matching trucks and a real nice detached garage.  One other thing - we have a huge hot tub thats very well done way out in the woods, and they can hear us covorting out there at times.  Our driveway was paved years ago, because we had the means to do it.  They just had thiers done, and before that they had a muddy dirty mess.  As you can see, they and we have taken to dislikeing anything about them or each other and its really stupid but thier just butt-holes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#36]
me and my neighbors are good friends.
i got him to come over and till my flower bed up,help me unload a load of much and put timbers around the bed.

i had to force him to take some money for tilling it up since a tiller kicks my ass everytime i use it.

but we help each other all the time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't know my neighbors, they don't know me, and that's how I prefer it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Went to our neigbors BBQ block party 5 years ago...... maybe should go to the another one this year, maybe.....naah, maybe next year. seven is a good number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top