Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:58:37 PM EDT

Okay, let's see how many IPTP we can get!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
none?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
way to make a broken poll.

Since my total after tax income is $0 this year (hey I'm in college, and I had plenty of money so I just took the summer off) and I have donated some extra $$ to the salvation army...so that would make me donating infinity% of my after tax income

I DARE ANYONE TO BEAT THAT!

(never mind all that gains I made on paper in the stock market, they don't count until I sell )
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It varies depending on my tax return.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I tithe 10% to my church, about $5,000 a year.  Around this time of year, I actually give nothing to red cross, christmas baskets, salvation army, etc.  I give to my church year round and trust them to get it to the right people all year long, not just one month a year.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I tithe 10% to my church, about $5,000 a year.  Around this time of year, I actually give nothing to red cross, christmas baskets, salvation army, etc.  I give to my church year round and trust them to get it to the right people all year long, not just one month a year.

Yes, and I lots of time to notable causes...BSA, Schools, local retirement homes... Give locally. DO NOT GIVE THE UNITED WAY.......

Oh and by the way DO NOT GIVE TO THE UNITED WAY
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not on a set schedual for that, and dont do it by percentage.
We give alot of items to charitys,   used clothes, household items etc...  We throw nothing like that away.
Last year I donated my car to a local mission, they fixed it up and gave it to a needy family i believe.
I also drop money in the pot,  shriners, red cross(not too much tho) and salvation army. Anything from spare change to $20 bills  depends on what I have on me at the time.
My gf and I also buy food specificly for canned food drives etc..
We did 4 angel tree kids this year.
I may not be giving a regular tithe like some people, but I think all the little things we do add up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top