Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 4:15:09 PM EDT
Just kidding.

Anyway, I was wondering whay muscle group you are most proud of for what ever reason.

I would have to say that I am most proud of my calves, as my left one was hardly there after I broke my leg two years ago. I could not walk for 3 1/2 months. It sucked. Now they are almost symmetrical, and stronger than ever.

Edited: because I cant spell
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I was never proud of any particular bodypart over the years...more proud of being able to dial in better and better at competitions. Hard work but it was always fun trying to better myself each year.
If I had to pick one "stand out" part, I would say my arms...doesn't matter if I train them or not, they seem to always get attention[:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
After doing stretches, my routine goes like this:
       135x5
       225x5
       315x5
       405x5
       455x5
       505x5        
       510x5
       505x5
       455x5
       315x5
I usually try to stay within this routine   three times a week. If I am successful with the 5 reps on the upper limits, I usually try to add 5 pounds next time. That is one reason I am able to do as much as I have--INCREMENTAL INCREASES.
I also find that if I don't train at this 3 times a week, I tend to lose off the top-go figure!
Some folks don't train as much as I do, but I've spent a lot of time figuring out what works best for me. It can get pretty boring, and it's important to stay focused.
I'll let you know if/when I achieve my goal of 600. I'm a little behind where I was last year(575), but that will pass.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
what you say?

just kiddin'?

I can bench all the tools in my toolbox, and still have room on it for my guns!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Not as much as I could 20something yrs ago. But squats was always my favorite, and I can only focus on injury recovery at this point in time(tell'em'EdAvilaSr,us old folks gotta "know our limitations")[;)]..........and a "whole-body" strengthing exercise is much better than sum super "ego" trip of how much can you bench buddie?.. mindset[;)].IMO... I 'hear' 150% of BW for squats and 100% of BW for bench is considered "good" shape.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]
510 pounds???

Good God man, you must have a chest the size of an elephant.

I might could bench 150 pounds a few times.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]

135x5
       225x5
       315x5
       405x5
       455x5
       505x5        
       [red]510x5[/red]
       505x5
       455x5
       315x5
View Quote

[shock]

So uh ... having established the fact that you're absolutely MASSIVE ... are you the type of guy that likes to pick up a Barrett M82-A1 with one arm, aim it down range and pull the trigger just for shits and giggles?

Ffs, man.  I can't even imagine throwing that kind of weight around.  The most I ever worked out with on the bench was 180.  510 is insane.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
510 pounds???

Good God man, you must have a chest the size of an elephant.

I might could bench 150 pounds a few times.
View Quote

No, he just has arms that are 5" long. [;)]

Probably true though, most guys (that I know) that can bench that much are "small frame" (originally at least) guys that bulked up. If you are 5'5", have short arms, and are pretty big you only can only move the bar about 6-7 inches. If you are 6'5" and slimmer you have to move the bar more like 18-20". When you are talking about 5 reps that adds up to a lot of lifting. 22" extra for each rep (18"-7"=11", up and down = 22"), 110" or [b]over 9 feet[/b] of extra lifting. Or 180" vs 70" to look at a different way.

I am none of the above btw. I can bench about 200*5, I have a long ways to get to 600 [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top