Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 2:02:47 PM EDT
I'm dying to know. My roommate was sitting in his car last semester and a floor leader came up and thought they were listening to music that didn't pass the "college standards" and began to accuse him of all sorts of stuff and demanded to look in his car (It has tinted windows). Can a college just demand that you hand over your keys and search your car if it is parked in a school parking lot?

Also wondering because I want to go hunting here next semester but I have no place to store my rifle except in my car, however it's parked on school property and there is really no other place to store it....

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i believe the school itself does...the floor leader, not so much, hes a regular student like you and has no authority over things like that.

tell him to fuck off
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i believe the school itself does...the floor leader, not so much, hes a regular student like you and has no authority over things like that.

tell him tteo fuck off

Saying 'fuck' is 75 demerits,disrespecting authority is 50, and they'll slap you with whatever the FL thought you were doing...160 demerits. You just got kicked out!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell him tteo fuck off

Saying 'fuck' is 75 demerits,disrespecting authority is 50, and they'll slap you with whatever the FL thought you were doing...160 demerits. You just got kicked out!

Are you going to some sort of military school (VMI, Citadel, etc)???
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Floor leader? I would have laughed at the guy and told him to go take a flying fuck.

(actually, the way to really get under that kind of stormtroopers dust rufffle is just to totally ignore them as if they don't even exist).

Is your roomate a freshman?

Since student supervisory types are always upperclassmen, the asshat who demanded to look in your roomates car is probably the type that thinks they can get away with intimidating first semester students.

ETA... storing your rifle in your car like you want to is really unadvisable.

I'd bust my ass trying to find some alternative place to keep it or not bring it to school with me at all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You need to check your rules.

If its a state school and its in a parking, and your in a parking lot, tell him to fuck off.

If its private you are probably screwed but not from a "Floor leader" (is that RA of a dorm?)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
My idea for your roommate

Get the floor leader convinced that your roommate is a pothead. Have your roommate smoke ALOT of grass in his car, or whatever else it takes to make sure a drug dog hits it. Make sure there is nothing illegal in the car. Your roommate should refuse to open the car, when asked. When they get a warrant, or bust the window, they will find nothing. At this point:

Deny everything.
Make counter accusations.
Sue.
Buy some Class III toys.
Report back.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell him tteo fuck off

Almost.

www.pcci.edu.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Floor leader? I would have laughed at the guy and told him to go take a flying fuck.

(actually, the way to really get under that kind of stormtroopers dust rufffle is just to totally ignore them as if they don't even exist).

Is your roomate a freshman?

Since student supervisory types are always upperclassmen, the asshat who demanded to look in your roomates car is probably the type that thinks they can get away with intimidating first semester students.

My roommate is a first-semester freshman. Dumb as a rock, fat as all get out, and lazy, but nice enough.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Based on the encounter you described, it sounds more like a cult indoctrination site than a college.

My advice:  Transfer.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#10]
update for the ignorant:

you give up all rights at most schools...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My roommate is a first-semester freshman. Dumb as a rock, fat as all get out, and lazy, but nice enough.

Does he wear a pledge pin on his uniform?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but he is sort of ignorant. The other day he left one of my games out (which doesn't meet "college standards"-anything that is not rated E) and almost got me into trouble for it.

OH, around here we call people who rat out others to the powers that be "peckers"-short for PCCers

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's another idea: Look through your local paper for those police incident log-type stories. Find somebody who's been robbed. Make an anonymous call from a payphone to the PD, and tell them that you saw many of the items reported stolen in the floor leader's dorm.

Enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Your college sounds like a steaming pile of shit.

Demerits, no music that doesn't pass "standards", and only E-rated games?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yup.

And all the world shalt go to hell in a handbasket if I touch my girlfriend . (She doesn't go here anymore).

I wonder if the school could force the AR15.com Admins to reveal my full name to them so they could give me demerits for visiting ARFCOM? Hmmm.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#16]
An Adult is an Adult.  You may be under College rules/regulations when on campus or campus owned property, but you don't actually give up any rights.  If you want to walk, you can walk.

In this case, I'd say run.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A pledge pin!!!?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#18]
How many demerits do you lose when you say " Let me call my lawyer" ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#19]

And does he look like this?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but he is sort of ignorant. The other day he left one of my games out (which doesn't meet "college standards"-anything that is not rated E) and almost got me into trouble for it.

OH, around here we call people who rat out others to the powers that be "peckers"-short for PCCers

Man, doesnt sound like a fun place. I bet they dont like students pirating music and movies either (which is what college campuses are for).
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

And all the world shalt go to hell in a handbasket if I touch my girlfriend . (She doesn't go here anymore).

I wonder if the school could force the AR15.com Admins to reveal my full name to them so they could give me demerits for visiting ARFCOM? Hmmm.

Why the hell did you go there to begin with if it sucks so bad?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell him tteo fuck off

Almost.

www.pcci.edu.

As soon as you said demerits and I saw that you were in FL, I KNEW that was where you went to school. I don't know why people go there. I'm a Christian myself, but that place is just a little too out there. Did your parents make you go there or something?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell him tteo fuck off

Almost.

www.pcci.edu.

As soon as you said demerits and I saw that you were in FL, I KNEW that was where you went to school. I don't know why people go there. I'm a Christian myself, but that place is just a little too out there. Did your parents make you go there or something?

Cheapest place out there. This is going to be my last semester before I take a semester break to re-evaluate whrere I am going. Parents wanted me to go there because it was the cheapest available that wasn't secular. I have about 36 credits that I could transfer to someplace else, although my bible credits (New Testament survey-BI-101 and BI-102) are going to be useless.

Liberty EDU in Virginia was my first choice.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#24]
It sounds like you go to a school that is more concerned with educating it's students than letting them express their individuality. Consider yourself lucky.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#25]
The only rights you give up are the ones you let them take.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#26]
It is their school. If you want to go there, obey their rules. Don't like their rules, go to a different school.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Pray about it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Look up your state laws regarding weapons on campus.  then Google "lessor expectation of privacy" and "implied consent zone"
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Liberty EDU in Virginia was my first choice.

Even more of a Nazi school than you go to. Go to Community College, get all your gen ed credits done and go to a local state college for the rest.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell him tteo fuck off

Almost.

www.pcci.edu.

Sucks to be you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm from the UK and even we dont have school

"Music Police"

Taffy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top