Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 11:02:39 AM EDT
toy or non-firing replica gun?
I have a non-firing replica of Elvis Presley's personal .45 that I received as a Xmas gift one year.  I may yet pull the grips off it and see if they'll fit on a real 1911.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Non-firing toy guns?  Hell, I own several non-firing [i]real[/i] guns.

One of these days, I'll buy the spare parts I need to get them all running.... [:p]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife thinks I an nutts, but I have a GI-Joe complete with a M4 Carbine and M-9 Bayonet that sits next to the computer while I am visiting here.....

It gets be through until I can go to the range!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If you count Ultimate Soldier 1/6 scale guns, then yes, I do.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a bunch -

20 or so years ago I bought a full-sized blank firing Uzi at The Sharper Image.  The scary part about this is it's to good a replica and could easily accept real parts - or so I've heard. [;)]

I've got an interesting M16A1 - someone made a mold off an original (down to the markings, serial number, etc.).  Then during casting they used a real barrel so the handguards and everything back are resin, but the front sight and muzzle are real.  Looks really good.

Japanese companies used to import plastic models that were exact replicas - and I mean exact down to the last part and pin.  I have a S&W M29 that you can not tell it's a toy unless you actually feel the plastic - it's that good.  And the action works just like the real thing.  I stuck a set of real S&W Goncalo Alves grips on it, mounted it in a framed glass case, and set six polished .44 Magnum rounds standing up next to it.  (Hot glue works great!)  Back before the Smoke Free Workplace Act I used to have problems with assholes walking into my workspace while smoking.  So I put together this little diarama and stenciled "In Case Of Smoking, Break Glass!" on the front.  People thought I was a gun-toting nutcase to begin with, and now I had that whole end of the building to myself.  And it was smoke-free. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an POS AR-7 whose front sight just fell of and got lost.  Then the POS shoots 1 round and jams.

Almost non-firing
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've got an interesting M16A1 - someone made a mold off an original (down to the markings, serial number, etc.).  Then during casting they used a real barrel so the handguards and everything back are resin, but the front sight and muzzle are real.  Looks really good.
View Quote

We used those in the USMC at Parris Island for the bayonet assault course so we didn't damage the real M-16A1's we were issued. Yours is probably a military surplus training aid. I'd like to get my hands on one they sell between $100.00 - $200.00 when you can find them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]
As I sit here and listen real hard...none of my guns are firing at the moment. And my wife does think of most of the stuff I buy as toys. But once they are in my hands...

I owned toy guns when I was a kid, although they never looked quite as real as the ones out there today. I may still get one before they're totally outlawed, maybe something exotic like an HK MP5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top