Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 7:55:41 PM EDT
I can't see Kerry owning one talking point throughout. GW will have a good
come back for anything that Kerry throws out. What could Kerry possibly bring
to the debate that will not be shot down by GW?

GM
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
W will PWN him!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I don't want to sound overly optimistic, but if W was able to hand Gore his ass, he should be able to  destroy Kerry.

The problem is that Gore was SO condescending and STUPID that he basically handed W the gun and said "SHOOT ME!" I don't know if Kerry will be that stupid.

OTOH, Bush has one hell of a record in the area of security, and the SBVFT are destroying whatever imagined advantage Kerry had, so......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Bush does VERY well unscripted.

He will dominate because he is smart enough to speak a complicated message in simple terms.

45 states....and maybe California.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
W will PWN him!

OK, I get owned but what is PWND [P3WND]?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
W will PWN him!

pwn3d=owned in 1337 sp34k
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
<snip>. What could Kerry possibly bring
to the debate that will not be shot down by GW?<snip>
GM

That he(kerry) is an Idiot
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Kerry has nothing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
W will PWN him!

OK, but now what is 1337 sp34k?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I dont think Kerry has much to stand on.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Kerry will underestimate Bush. He is an elitest and doesn't understand the common man.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Everyone thought Gore was going to rip W a new one.  Gore lost every debate and made himself look like a complete punk doing it (the exasperated condescending sighs, the way he aggressively approached W in a crude attempt to intimidate him).

Kerry's psychology will be weaker because he's behind. It'll be good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Everyone thought Gore was going to rip W a new one.  Gore lost every debate and made himself look like a complete punk doing it (the exasperated condescending sighs, the way he aggressively approached W in a crude attempt to intimidate him).

Kerry's psychology will be weaker because he's behind. It'll be good.

I laughed my ass off when Gore came up to GWs' podium like he was going to start shit.
George Bushed looked at Gore like "What the hell do you want punk?"

GM
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]

When the topic of Vietnam comes up (and it certainly will) Kerry can take a long pause in the debates, look down, blink a way a tear and then express a choked-up, misty-eyed apology to all his Vietnam veteran brothers-in-arms whom he "unintentionally" caused so much pain and then begin to lead a national "closure" of the wounds of Vietnam and in doing so (and most importantly), virtually lock up a unanimous Oprahfied soccermom vote.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Kerry doesnt have a position on ANYTHING! How could he not lose?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
When the topic of Vietnam comes up (and it certainly will) Kerry can take a long pause in the debates, look down, blink a way a tear and then express a choked-up, misty-eyed apology to all his Vietnam veteran brothers-in-arms whom he "unintentionally" caused so much pain and then begin to lead a national "closure" of the wounds of Vietnam and in doing so, virtually lock up a unanimous Oprahfied soccermom vote.

He's scum but he will never do that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
When the topic of Vietnam comes up (and it certainly will) Kerry can take a long pause in the debates, look down, blink a way a tear and then express a choked-up, misty-eyed apology to all his Vietnam veteran brothers-in-arms whom he "unintentionally" caused so much pain and then begin to lead a national "closure" of the wounds of Vietnam and in doing so, virtually lock up a unanimous Oprahfied soccermom vote.

He can't do that...

I'll say it again: John Kerry is in a major pickle, and the entire Left with him, because if he apologizes, or if the truth against Kerry really takes hold, not only will it confirm that he is a liar, it will confirm that the entire anti-war movement of the 1960's was a fraud. EVERYTHING they have believed in since then has been based upon that fraud.

If he apologizes, or if the truth sticks, it will be like pulling the string out of a knit sweater: the whole thing will unravel. The left can't afford that, and Kerry will not risk alienating his base that way.

Besides, it will be blatantly phoney. Kerry is no Clinton. He's even worse than Gore!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to know he WILL NOT apologize--ever.  He defines smug arrogance--he would never lower himself--not even to become POTUS.  

Maybe. Or maybe he will only if HE can come out looking like a better, more noble man.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I think think GW is going to make carry blow his stack. Kerry just strikes me as that type of person to loose his cool.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He can't do that...

I'll say it again: John Kerry is in a major pickle, and the entire Left with him, because if he apologizes, or if the truth against Kerry really takes hold, not only will it confirm that he is a liar, it will confirm that the entire anti-war movement of the 1960's was a fraud. EVERYTHING they have believed in since then has been based upon that fraud.

If he apologizes, or if the truth sticks, it will be like pulling the string out of a knit sweater: the whole thing will unravel. The left can't afford that, and Kerry will not risk alienating his base that way.

If Hanoi-Jane Fucking-Fonda can publically apologize for protesting and going to Vietnam in order to sell more of her workout tapes, Hanoi-John Fucking Kerry can do it in order to become President.

Quoted:
Besides, it will be blatantly phoney. Kerry is no Clinton. He's even worse than Gore!

Yeah, but it would be funny to watch though!

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I think think GW is going to make carry blow his stack. Kerry just strikes me as that type of person to loose his cool.

I have to agree with this, I get the impression that if Kerry is provoked in the least, he will totaly
show his true colors and be shown for who he really is.

GM
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Kerry will come off as smug, arrogant, insincere, and condescending. He can’t help it… it’s in his nature.

Bush will come across like he always does... sincere, humble & affable, with just enough of his trademark human frailty thrown in to make him appealing to everyone except the hard core Bush hatters. He can’t help it… it’s in his nature.

Bush will seal the deal in the debates & win re-election handily come November.

Oh... and he will have coattails!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If Hanoi-Jane Fucking-Fonda can publically apologize for protesting and going to Vietnam in order to sell more of her workout tapes, Hanoi-John Fucking Kerry can do it in order to become President.

Yeah, but no one believed her, did they? Also, there is a vast difference between selling tapes and running for President. It won't fly.

Yeah, but it would be funny to watch though!

True!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
W will PWN him!

OK, but now what is 1337 sp34k?

www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A787917
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

He will dominate because he is smart enough to speak a complicated message in simple terms.

Sgtar15

Hey Sarge this is DrFrige on my daughter's account. You have said that he will take Calif many times.I dont know what state you live but if you live in CA, you have a lot more confidence in that state than I do. I say... AND I WILL ASK YOU TO PRINT THIS OUT as PROOF.

I hope you are right but I dont think CA has the balls to do it.

IF BUSH takes CA, i will send you 5 boxes (100 rounds) of 223.

DrFrige (DFD's Dad)

PS.... this is not a bet. It would be my way of  eating humble pie, because as of now I think you are losing it friend.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Hey Sarge this is DrFrige on my daughter's account. You have said that he will take Calif many times.I dont know what state you live but if you live in CA, you have a lot more confidence in that state than I do. I say... AND I WILL ASK YOU TO PRINT THIS OUT as PROOF.

I hope you are right but I dont think CA has the balls to do it.

IF BUSH takes CA, i will send you 5 boxes (100 rounds) of 223.

DrFrige (DFD's Dad)

PS.... this is not a bet. It would be my way of  eating humble pie, because as of now I think you are losing it friend.

Nope. He always said: 45 states and MAYBE california.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#29]
he'll do enough to not hurt his chances. that's all i can realistically expect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
he'll do enough to not hurt his chances. that's all i can realistically expect.

I think he will do much better than that

GM
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:50:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

+1

Kerry has the background of the typical rich NE liberal, isolated in a cocoon of synchophants, unable to concieve of the world outside of his bubble.  When you combine that with the Bush-Hatred that these people have been stewing themselves in the past 4 years, he's going to be teetering on the edge of a fury that his life-script is being thrown into the scrapheap by his inferiors.
Look at how he reacted to the questions about his Vietnam service.  He spends 4 months in country, relentlessly self-promotes himself while there (I read that he didn't have any socks or underware in his seabag because he had to make room for a typewriter and 8mm camera).  He comes back and testifies that there were no heroes in Vietnam, only war criminals.  Then 30 years later, it turns out that there was one hero in Vietnam, guess who?  And he considers it a smear when someone calls him on it.
One other possibility is that he's going to have some sort of bizzare expression frozen on his face by a last minute Botox treatment.
I can't wait!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:02:24 AM EDT
[#33]
In substance, yes.

In style, no.

Sheeple are all about style.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:06:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I just wish the Republicans and Democrats had the balls to debate the Libertarian candidate, that would be interesting......
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:07:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Both will try to out-liberal the other. For example, Bush will brag about his kindness to illegal mexicans and his support for porous borders. I'm sure he'll go on about the biggest government in American history. Kerry will brag about faggotism and abortion and the united nations. It's all about getting support from the sheeple.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I just wish the Republicans and Democrats had the balls to debate the Libertarian candidate, that would be interesting......

Ummm..... What in the hell does the local dog-catcher have to do with this election?

{pat-pat-pat}

Libertarians are so cute when they try to act all grown-up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Unless Kerry has had SERIOUS grooming, W will own him.

As for Spedwards, I think Cheney will have a difficult time with him... Only because Spedwards has a silver tongue. That one's going to be 50-50 IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:59:06 AM EDT
[#38]
All GW has to ask is What have you done in the Senate for 20 YEARS??????    uh
L
O
N
G

P
A
U
S
E

Nothing should be his answer but .............................................

End of debate

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Wait, I'm confused.  On NPR yesterday, they were talking about the debates, and they said that Kerry was a masterful debater, and he was on his high school debate team, and he's been debating on the floor of the Senate for 20 years, and Bush better watch out and all.

I know it's true because, hey, it's NPR.  

(Seriously, has anybody here ever seen Kerry debate anything?  I didn't watch the 9-dwarfs shootouts during the Primaries.  He does have the Senate experience, after all, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was good at it.)

Oh, yeah, my favorite part of the Bush/Gore debates was that informal debate with no podiums where Gore got so mad at Bush he marched right up to him like he was going to slug him, and Bush just smiled and nodded at him, like, "Um, hi there." and went on with what he was saying.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#41]
GWB will have lots of Kerry's voting record to use against him. He will be able to nail Kerry on flipflop after flipflop after lie.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#42]
George W. Bush will absolutely molest John Kerry in the debates.

I predict the largest landslide victory in Presidential election history in the USA.

Bush 60%
Kerry 35%
others 5%

I'm speaking of the popular vote now, the percentage of Electoral votes Bush gets will be far greater than 60%.

You heard it here on ARFCOM first.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Didn't Kerry just recently concede that Bush has won every debate he has engaged in.

I think the Lurch campaign is starting to see the writing on the wall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top