Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2004 9:03:43 PM EDT
Well how many? A friend of mine is looking to make some cash.  
I told him detailing cars is a good source of generating some extra income
what do you guys usally pay and how many times a year do you get it done?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I just do mine myself these days.  Most places never did a good job getting the tank I drive done well.  I just commit a entire day to doing it myself.
Going rate here is about $100.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I attempted to have my vehicle detailed once.
Problem was the detailer and I had extremely opposite veiws of what "DEATAILING" means.

I can wash my car, and vacuum the rugs and clean the windows.
DETAILING means I want the inside of my wheel wells so clean I can eat soup out of them.
DETAILING means I want to see my engine compartment as clean as it was when it left the dealership.
DETAILING means I want my trunk to look like it did when it leaft the dealership.
DETAING means I want to see no visible dust in my air vents, between my seat backs, underneath my seat belts, on the inside of my parking brake boot etc.
DETAILING means I want the crud out from between any seams in my interior.

For $180, (that was how much the "DETAILER" was charging) I want my F%^&*#G car cleaner than what I am willing to waste my own time doing to it.
$180 is a good days salary you slimy scumbucket, you bet I expect you to work for 8 hours on my goddamned vehicle!

Sorry for the rant I had a bit of a disagreement with a detailer once and it still pisses me off sometimes.

BTW $180 DETAILING did NOT include wax and polish!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I attempted to have my vehicle detailed once.
Problem was the detailer and I had extremely opposite veiws of what "DEATAILING" means.

I can wash my car, and vacuum the rugs and clean the windows.
DETAILING means I want the inside of my wheel wells so clean I can eat soup out of them.
DETAILING means I want to see my engine compartment as clean as it was when it left the dealership.
DETAILING means I want my trunk to look like it did when it leaft the dealership.
DETAING means I want to see no visible dust in my air vents, between my seat backs, underneath my seat belts, on the inside of my parking brake boot etc.
DETAILING means I want the crud out from between any seams in my interior.

For $180, (that was how much the "DETAILER" was charging) I want my F%^&*#G car cleaner than what I am willing to waste my own time doing to it.
$180 is a good days salary you slimy scumbucket, you bet I expect you to work for 8 hours on my goddamned vehicle!

Sorry for the rant I had a bit of a disagreement with a detailer once and it still pisses me off sometimes.

BTW $180 DETAILING did NOT include wax and polish!

Damn I must be cheap!  I would have done all that and wax and polish for a $125.00 and damned near kissed your ass too!, That way I know you would be back for more
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have it done about  6 times a year at about $20.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#6]
For that price Id let you have a go at the Impala as long as it was a detail job like whisper300 said, or close to it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I hope I did not come off too strong. $180 was and is alot of money to have a vehicle cleaned. Maybe I was asking for alot, but damned If I did not get anything more than what my local carwash does for $15 and with less bitching and arguing.

I must have picked the laziest son of a bitch in existance to detail my car. Will never net another one swindle me again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh, I hope I did not come off too strong. $180 was and is alot of money to have a vehicle cleaned. Maybe I was asking for alot, but damned If I did not get anything more than what my local carwash does for $15 and with less bitching and arguing.

I must have picked the laziest son of a bitch in existance to detail my car. Will never net another one swindle me again.

You got taken amd I am sorry to hear this, I started detailing a few years ago to raise some funds, My customer base was real strong and I had some very good Customers that were more than happy to spread the word and give my name and number out to many people.

I think I could have made a good go if it, if I wouldn't have already had a full-time job.
As far as getting what you pay for, I was raised the old-fashioned way, were your name ment something and you don't cheat people to make a quick buck. I still have to look at myself in the mirror.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#9]
www.zainomobiledetail.com

This guy is awesome. Twice a year for me, nothing matches Zaino. Well worth the cash.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got taken amd I am sorry to hear this, I started detailing a few years ago to raise some funds, My customer base was real strong and I had some very good Customers that were more than happy to spread the word and give my name and number out to many people.

I think I could have made a good go if it, if I wouldn't have already had a full-time job.
As far as getting what you pay for, I was raised the old-fashioned way, were your name ment something and you don't cheat people to make a quick buck. I still have to look at myself in the mirror.

Nice to know there are some people that still have some respect for themselves and their work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad made me pay some guys from his work detail his suburban.  It smelled like sweat and opther bad odors after I went camping/road tripping for 2 weeks with my friends.  He used some kind of carpet cleaner machine to get the smell out.  I think I paid him 50 bucks to do the entire interior.  But I usually do everything else.
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate that stuff they put on to make the tires look like they just got a coat of Shinola.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top