Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2004 8:03:43 PM EST
Well how many? A friend of mine is looking to make some cash.
I told him detailing cars is a good source of generating some extra income
what do you guys usally pay and how many times a year do you get it done?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:08:14 PM EST
I just do mine myself these days. Most places never did a good job getting the tank I drive done well. I just commit a entire day to doing it myself.
Going rate here is about $100.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:32:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/14/2004 8:36:02 PM EST by whisper300]
I attempted to have my vehicle detailed once.
Problem was the detailer and I had extremely opposite veiws of what "DEATAILING" means.

I can wash my car, and vacuum the rugs and clean the windows.
DETAILING means I want the inside of my wheel wells so clean I can eat soup out of them.
DETAILING means I want to see my engine compartment as clean as it was when it left the dealership.
DETAILING means I want my trunk to look like it did when it leaft the dealership.
DETAING means I want to see no visible dust in my air vents, between my seat backs, underneath my seat belts, on the inside of my parking brake boot etc.
DETAILING means I want the crud out from between any seams in my interior.

For $180, (that was how much the "DETAILER" was charging) I want my F%^&*#G car cleaner than what I am willing to waste my own time doing to it.
$180 is a good days salary you slimy scumbucket, you bet I expect you to work for 8 hours on my goddamned vehicle!

Sorry for the rant I had a bit of a disagreement with a detailer once and it still pisses me off sometimes.

BTW $180 DETAILING did NOT include wax and polish!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:40:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/14/2004 8:41:16 PM EST by dpmmn]

Originally Posted By whisper300:
I attempted to have my vehicle detailed once.
Problem was the detailer and I had extremely opposite veiws of what "DEATAILING" means.

I can wash my car, and vacuum the rugs and clean the windows.
DETAILING means I want the inside of my wheel wells so clean I can eat soup out of them.
DETAILING means I want to see my engine compartment as clean as it was when it left the dealership.
DETAILING means I want my trunk to look like it did when it leaft the dealership.
DETAING means I want to see no visible dust in my air vents, between my seat backs, underneath my seat belts, on the inside of my parking brake boot etc.
DETAILING means I want the crud out from between any seams in my interior.

For $180, (that was how much the "DETAILER" was charging) I want my F%^&*#G car cleaner than what I am willing to waste my own time doing to it.
$180 is a good days salary you slimy scumbucket, you bet I expect you to work for 8 hours on my goddamned vehicle!

Sorry for the rant I had a bit of a disagreement with a detailer once and it still pisses me off sometimes.

BTW $180 DETAILING did NOT include wax and polish!

Damn I must be cheap! I would have done all that and wax and polish for a $125.00 and damned near kissed your ass too!, That way I know you would be back for more
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:40:44 PM EST
I have it done about 6 times a year at about $20.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:44:05 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:45:46 PM EST
For that price Id let you have a go at the Impala as long as it was a detail job like whisper300 said, or close to it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:56:43 PM EST
Oh, I hope I did not come off too strong. $180 was and is alot of money to have a vehicle cleaned. Maybe I was asking for alot, but damned If I did not get anything more than what my local carwash does for $15 and with less bitching and arguing.

I must have picked the laziest son of a bitch in existance to detail my car. Will never net another one swindle me again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:02:21 PM EST

Oh, I hope I did not come off too strong. $180 was and is alot of money to have a vehicle cleaned. Maybe I was asking for alot, but damned If I did not get anything more than what my local carwash does for $15 and with less bitching and arguing.

I must have picked the laziest son of a bitch in existance to detail my car. Will never net another one swindle me again.

You got taken amd I am sorry to hear this, I started detailing a few years ago to raise some funds, My customer base was real strong and I had some very good Customers that were more than happy to spread the word and give my name and number out to many people.

I think I could have made a good go if it, if I wouldn't have already had a full-time job.
As far as getting what you pay for, I was raised the old-fashioned way, were your name ment something and you don't cheat people to make a quick buck. I still have to look at myself in the mirror.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:05:42 PM EST
www.zainomobiledetail.com

This guy is awesome. Twice a year for me, nothing matches Zaino. Well worth the cash.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:19:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By dpmmn:

You got taken amd I am sorry to hear this, I started detailing a few years ago to raise some funds, My customer base was real strong and I had some very good Customers that were more than happy to spread the word and give my name and number out to many people.

I think I could have made a good go if it, if I wouldn't have already had a full-time job.
As far as getting what you pay for, I was raised the old-fashioned way, were your name ment something and you don't cheat people to make a quick buck. I still have to look at myself in the mirror.

Nice to know there are some people that still have some respect for themselves and their work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:25:59 PM EST
My dad made me pay some guys from his work detail his suburban. It smelled like sweat and opther bad odors after I went camping/road tripping for 2 weeks with my friends. He used some kind of carpet cleaner machine to get the smell out. I think I paid him 50 bucks to do the entire interior. But I usually do everything else.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:43:11 PM EST
I hate that stuff they put on to make the tires look like they just got a coat of Shinola.
Top Top