Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 2:59:22 PM EDT
Get all my news, weather, and entertainment from radio and the internet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty close, down to rabbit ears.  Netflix, Amazon Prime.  But in reality just stopped watching a lot of the crap.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pretty close, down to rabbit ears.  Netflix, Amazon Prime.  But in reality just stopped watching a lot of the crap.

Yep, I don't miss mine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Should change Poll, i got a TV but no provider sooo
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
TV but no cable.  No way am I paying $100 a month for 1 or 2 good shows.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have a TV, but only rabbit ears.  I occasionally watch movies and old TV shows online.  I am currently enjoying The Prisoner, for example.

I started cutting back in 2008.  When TV switched to digital, it took me several months to buy a new one.  It is not very big, but I don't watch it very often.

Important events are usually broadcast online these days.  So the TV sits unwatched for weeks and even months at a time these days.

I still enjoy a good book, however.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I live alone and enjoy my cable TV and reading.  There are several series that I like mostly because of the interaction of the characters more than the plot.  Dexter, Homeland,  Fringe, Boardwalk Empire and On demand channels are worth most of what I pay and the boxing matches are some of my favorites.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Teevee but no cable on antennae.  Its only hooked up to the Xbox for games and DVDs.

I do watch a lot of television shows on Netflix though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
herp derp double tap
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]
If I didn't like football I could do without it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#12]
As above.. I have DTV...  We enjoy sports. (Almost ALL of them.)  That is the majority of what we watch.  Out side of old movies.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Have a TV but the only thing it is hooked up to is the xbox. No cable, no dish, not even rabbit ears; basically a monitor for the xbox.

No fucks are given for TV.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Haven't watched/owned a TV in a number of years now, it looks so stupid when I see sitcoms, "news", commercials ect. now for the most part. Only time I see TV is while in a store that sells them or visiting my folks, they watch it round the clock.

Feels weird being around people watching TV programs, the blank stares, only talking when commercials are on and such. Cracks me up.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I still have TV / cable but the g/f just got some wifi/wireless "cable" box thing.  has netflix / hulu plus / cinimanow and like 15 other things along with it.  figured it try it on the spare room TV since its free and go from there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Should change Poll, i got a TV but no provider sooo

Same here...Air, or DVD's.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#17]
tv, rabbit years and net flix.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#18]
The only time I miss having a TV is once a year when I can't watch the Indy 500.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Haven't watched/owned a TV in a number of years now, it looks so stupid when I see sitcoms, "news", commercials ect. now for the most part. Only time I see TV is while in a store that sells them or visiting my folks, they watch it round the clock.

Feels weird being around people watching TV programs, the blank stares, only talking when commercials are on and such. Cracks me up.

Do you have the same reaction when say you're at a play and people are watching the performance quietly until it pauses at intermission?  People have enjoyed theater for quite some time, I don't really see a reason to look down upon it just because its piped into the home instead of on stage.  I may not be able to go out and see a show most nights of the week but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see an entertaining story performed.  One can only talk about the same thing they did at work that day that they do every day for so long.  There's a very superior tone that comes off with a lot of people who don't have tv's that words like stupid and blank remind me of and really I just don't see any justification for it.

I have a tv in my living room, if I'm home its often on for noise or there are some series I like to watch on netflix or bluray.  Cable is too expensive, I'd be willing to spend about $30 a month for tv service but it surpassed that years ago.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have the same reaction when say you're at a play and people are watching the performance quietly until it pauses at intermission?  People have enjoyed theater for quite some time, I don't really see a reason to look down upon it just because its piped into the home instead of on stage.  I may not be able to go out and see a show most nights of the week but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see an entertaining story performed.  One can only talk about the same thing they did at work that day that they do every day for so long.  There's a very superior tone that comes off with a lot of people who don't have tv's that words like stupid and blank remind me of and really I just don't see any justification for it.

I have a tv in my living room, if I'm home its often on for noise or there are some series I like to watch on netflix or bluray.  Cable is too expensive, I'd be willing to spend about $30 a month for tv service but it surpassed that years ago.

You never sat with my folks and a TV in the same room before.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Arfcom is no substitute for Walking Dead
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#22]
internet only.  Family of 4.  Everyone is fine with it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Arfcom is no substitute for Walking Dead

They have the internet for that now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Not having cable or satellite isnt a big deal. But I find it pretty fucking odd when people dont have any TV at all.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#25]
just news and Netflix these days. Not really missing it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I voted "no", but I think I have one buried back in the storage room though I haven't seen it in years.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Question-

Why do some think they are somehow superior because they "threw out their TV" (you know the type) but are OK with watching TV SHOWS on the internet?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
TV but no cable.  No way am I paying $100 a month for 1 or 2 good shows.

This.

The internet provides most of my entertainment needs.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not having cable or satellite isnt a big deal. But I find it pretty fucking odd when people dont have any TV at all.

I have internet, I have video games and I have real and ebooks to read. Who needs TV and movies? It was tough convincing Verizon that I wanted FIOS and didn't want the triple play package.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I have several Tvs, all for gaming and movies. No cable though. I got rid of cable a year ago and havent looked back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top