[#2]
Yes they do.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It be nice if someone made a poll

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Intelligent life likely exists somewhere in the universe. They have likely not visited Earth.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe Earth is the only planet with life, given the massive number of planets in the Universe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends...how drunk or stoned are you?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Then make the poll OP?

Also...Universe is too big for other "intelligent" life forms not to exist outside of this world.  Whether or not we will EVER meet them...that is another story in itself.

Aliens existing would disprove God though....so...yep...religion strikes again.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Have I seen one?  No.  Do I believe it is possible that we aren't the only intelligent life forms in the entire universe?  Of course.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Intelligent life likely exists somewhere in the universe. They have likely not visited Earth.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

you mean the creature with the big head and boney fingers flying a bicycle?

Nah, life forms from outerspace.....I'll believe that over some human that can walk on water
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I have no doubt there is other life out there.

Flying saucers and shit? Not likely.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am amazed and annoyed at how big it is.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Aliens as in landed in the trailer park and stuck something up some dudes butt only to disappear after having traveled however many light years to get here? Or maybe built the pyramids and infected everyone with plague just to be douchenozzles and again disappear never to be seen again except for Cleetus over at the trailer park?

No.

Aliens as in life that exists elsewhere in the universe amongst the billions of galactic clusters and the uncountable stars?

Yeah, I can dig that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I think they do, in fact I'm certain, that in the whole universe we are the only life forms in existence.

Whether they are able to and do visit this planet, I don't know, probably not, but I don't know.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can't believe Earth is the only planet with life, given the massive number of planets in the Universe.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
There we go!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Given how common organic molecules are in the universe, and the sheer number of galaxies and planets, I'm sure there's some form of life elsewhere.

Likely, carbon based, but it'd be even more fascinating if it wasn't.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#19]
The universe is a pretty big place.  If it's only us then it's a terrible waste of space.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Just make sure your laptop is loaded so you can infect their mothership with a computer virus.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#21]
More important question...when do we get to have sex with the aliens?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I would be extremely arrogant of us to think we are the only intelligent life that has sprung up in this massive universe.

The problem is that they may not exist now, it could have already happened and they went extinct, or it could be in the future long after we are extinct.

If we ever do find them and travel to them would be possible I think it would be fantastic, it just sucks I likely won't be around to see it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I think it's almost a mathematical certainty there is life on other planet(s).
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Am I in before the religious loonies?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I do believe that we are not the only life in the universe, but I don't believe that these other life forms abduct people from Earth or make crop circles, etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#28]
ETs visiting Earth?   No.

ET life somewhere in the galaxy/universe.  Certainly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Which makes me think FTL travel is never going to happen. You would think we would get visited (officially) by now.

Or they are avoiding us
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#30]
am I first?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Of course they do, now as to whether they are visiting us or not I doubt it.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You mean the ones whose religion is evolution and their god is themselves?  No, they have already posted.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#33]
They definitely do. I've spot-lighted one before and the thing went from hovering completely still to moving at star trek warp speed through the clouds. Thing did not like being lit up. No bullshit. Cool story right?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then make the poll OP?

Also...Universe is too big for other "intelligent" life forms not to exist outside of this world.  Whether or not we will EVER meet them...that is another story in itself.

Why? Who said this was the only planet that God made? just because he doesn't specially mention or talk about other planets and civilization doesn't mean he hasn't made them. Or is it mentioned that we are the only ones?

Maybe our God made us and our universe, might be another God is responsible for another planet and universe, we don't need to know, we follow our chin of command and that is all we need to know / do. Anything else is irrelevant to us and our salvation at this time, we need to focus on us and living the way our God want us to, nothing else matters to our salvation and that might be why we haven't been told. I don't know, just not limiting myself to one possibility. I mean, just because we don't know about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Agreed.

Plus, I think it's almost a mathematical certainty that any ET civilization advanced enough to cross the vast distances between worlds, not only to be able to harness such immense power, but also to have worked out their personal differences long enough to achieve such things...

... would not be interested in talking to us.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then make the poll OP?

I don't see how their existence could possibly disprove the existence of God.  Certainly that is not the view of the Catholic Church, which accepts the probability of intelligent life on other worlds.

IMO there is almost certainly some form of life outside of Earth, and I think it is also hihgly likely that some form of intelligent life exists out there.  I think it's also not outside the realm of possibility that if intelligent life on other worlds exists, that said life has at some point or another come to Earth in some fashion, even if just passing by, or at least knows of Earth's existence.  Obviously, nothing is known about extraterrestrial life, only that it is theoretically possible.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#37]
It is seems certain.  However it may be a lifeform we can't identify or comprehend its existence.

Also, just because they exist, doesn't mean they are more OR less advanced than us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then make the poll OP?

Why? Who said this was the only planet that God made? just because he doesn't specially mention or talk about other planets and civilization doesn't mean he hasn't made them. Or is it mentioned that we are the only ones?

Maybe our God made us and our universe, might be another God is responsible for another planet and universe, we don't need to know, we follow our chin of command and that is all we need to know / do. Anything else is irrelevant to us and our salvation at this time, we need to focus on us and living the way our God want us to, nothing else matters to our salvation and that might be why we haven't been told. I don't know, just not limiting myself to one possibility. I mean, just because we don't know about it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Maybe I am far to ignorant of lets say Islam or Christianity...

But doesn't it say that there is only ONE GOD..who made us in HIS IMAGE?  Unless we are talking about human aliens on different planets spread across the universe all doing the same shit...just different planet...

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I am going with this

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I am actually writing an essay on this now for an astronomy class I am taking based on Drakes equation.  The short answer is yes.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then make the poll OP?

That's a good point,  if aliens exists does that conflict with Judeo-Christian beliefs?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes, and they're a horde of predatory, reptilian centauroids coming to strip Earth of its resources and devour its inhabitants.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#43]
No way we are the only life. Space is way to big for that.

I also agree with BEER_ME and macman37.

I think the real question is, would they be human? All the stuff in space is the same as the stuff here, right? Would they have evolved the same way we did?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#44]

i cried during ET..... is this the right place to post this?

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

Plus, I think it's almost a mathematical certainty that any ET civilization advanced enough to cross the vast distances between worlds, not only to be able to harness such immense power, but also to have worked out their personal differences long enough to achieve such things...

... would not be interested in talking to us.  

I think it is a projection of human arrogance on theoretical ETs to think they would have absolutely no interest in us whatsoever, or not interest in any form of contact whatsoever.  Likewise, I think it is a projection of progressivism that has become part of our culture onto said ETs to think that technological advancement to that degree in that specific area means such advancement in all areas, to include non-technical and non-scientific ones.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean the ones whose religion is evolution and their god is themselves?  No, they have already posted.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Yes, and they're a horde of predatory, reptilian centauroids coming to strip Earth of its resources and devour its inhabitants.

I, for one, welcome our new  predatory, reptilian centauroid overlords.....

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pretty much what i believe.  No midnight anal probes for this cowboy
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then make the poll OP?

Maybe I am far to ignorant of lets say Islam or Christianity...

But doesn't it say that there is only ONE GOD..who made us in HIS IMAGE?  Unless we are talking about human aliens on different planets spread across the universe all doing the same shit...just different planet...

The existence of ETs would not mean that there is not only one true god.  "Created in his image" does not mean what you seem to think it means.  We are not physical copies of God; God is not corporeal.

Of course, if humans or something very close exists on another world, that would be very, very interesting, and not just from a theological standpoint, but from a scientific one as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#50]
They should exist. Don't know for sure if they do.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top