Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 4:42:54 AM EST
I have my fall turkey/ shooting AR's/drinking (no not together) trip this weekend. Heading up Friday am and returning Monday pm. I usually make a spring and fall trip. When I first got married I didn't go away alone. Now I do, what about you???
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:00:55 AM EST
When I was newly married She wanted to " Share " in my life . The key was letting Her attend one of the automotive conventions I attend every year .

Her : Is this all there is to do here ?????

Me : Uhhhh ... Yeah , thats the why it's called an automotive convention ?

After that , I never had to go hang out for a weekend at the shore ( Which I friggin hate )
and She wouldn't ask to come to come along on my gear head stuff .

Of course , I'm divorced now
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:53:33 AM EST
I go fishing for 3-5 days every couple of months with a friend.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:03:06 AM EST
After over 30 years of marriage I pretty much do what I want, when I want. And the same goes for her.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:04:13 AM EST
I usually take a week in the summer for fishing and 2 or 3 football weekend every year.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:13:25 AM EST
Every year me and "the boys" go Snowboarding in Utah for a week. It's the one thing I look forward to all year long. I think there needs to be a little "guy" time and the wives need a little "girl" time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:13:30 AM EST
It's key to have separate time for each spouse.

I do go to deer camp with the guys, as well as other fishing/hunting trips.

But it's interesting. While I am gone for the weekend, with spousal approval, attending to my "sporting interests" my wife is attending to her sporting interest - SHOPPING.

I think it would be cheaper to stay home or bring her.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:15:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2004 6:16:17 AM EST by 2whiskeyP]

Originally Posted By osprey21:
After over 30 almost 10 years of marriage I pretty much do what I want, when I want. And the same goes for her.

+1
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:21:52 AM EST
Oh, yeah!

Long weekends at the Hun Farm, or just a trip to the range. She is ALWAYS invited to go, and sometimes she does go to the range with me, but she never likes to be more then 200 feet from a flushing toilet so she has yet to make a trip to the farm with my son and I.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:24:07 AM EST
Even after 9.5 years of marriage, it's still a bit touchy around here. My wife thinks I hung the moon, and wants to spend every spare moment together. She is gradually learning to accept the thought of me doing things with the guys. She always tells me to go enjoy myself whenever I need the space, but I can hear in her voice that she is crushed. I definitely do as I please around here, but I kinda feel sorry for her whenever I want to go off without her. She learned really fast a few years ago that she didn't lose anything at the local gun shows. I am hoping to break her of the "neediness" this weekend at Knob Creek. After following me around like a puppy dog all day Saturday, I think she may be cured.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:24:24 AM EST
10 days on a drinking hunting trip to KY every year. I leave in 4 weeks!

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:30:46 AM EST
Pretty much whenever I want to-including camping trips by myself.

Two weeks ago I was up for four days with my hunting buddies that got drawn for archery elk. No big deal.

Sometimes I get stir crazy and gotta get out and no one wants to go or can't get a "kitchen pass".

So I go by myself. It really freaked the GF and her son out when a couple of days after we watched "The Blair Witch Project" I decided to go camping by myself. They thought I was fucking insane. What's the big deal? It's just a movie and I go WELL ARMED.

I'm currently working on getting into shape to try cross country skiing and snow camping and it looks like I'll be doing that pretty much by myself also.
Top Top