Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 4:46:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#1]
1) The Law is Unconstitutional, as previously stated by SCOTUS.

2) Under Florida and most other state laws, a gun carried in a vehicle in accordance with state laws can be carried through a schoolzone. In Florida, I can carry a longun in my truck even if loaded (as per FL's Definition.) What is loaded under Federal definition ? Does it mean, magazine inserted (i.e. Alabama Law) or round in chamber.

3) Louisiana's law specifically states "This shall not prohibit the possession of any firearm in a place where the state has no constitutional power. For example, contained entirely in a motor vehicle."

4) As for me, I take the 5th. Has anybody found out later they have violated a state law by carrying their gun ? I'll bet everybody here has, and probably several times. For example, carrying a Airgun Concealed in Alabama (Even in a vehicle) is considered a violation. Now let's say person x travels from Florida to Louisiana and back, before finding out the air pistol under their seat constituted illegal concealed carry in Alabama, even though person x never stopped in Alabama. How about this, person x gets a call to come take care of some paperwork at their college, so he hops in his car and heads over to sign the forms, but once getting home realizes he had his legally concealed firearm in the vehicle while filling out the forms.

Another incident I can specifically mention was a friend of mine who said he had cut the barrel and stock of an older rifle to about a 12" Barrel, and sold it privately in-state. I was kinda dismayed to tell him that was an NFA violation and could get his house burned down by ATF JBTs. Fortunately, when I was checking later, I found out that rifle was on the list of C&Rs removed from the NFA. I breathed a sigh of relief.

*The Names have been changed to protect honest gunowners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top