Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2004 8:22:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You will make it through Warhammer 40K kinda fast, but its good.

I have played 12+ hours before, some RPGs will just hold you.

I know somone who played the first Diablo straight through.
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a wuss lol...about 4 or 5 hours on the computer is all I can take these days.  The Xbox, though, is a much different story.  From the comfort of my Barcolounger, with a wireless controller, and a 55" TV, I can easily go 12 hours w/ only bathroom breaks and refills of the diet Coke, and snack supply.  I got Need for Speed Underground 2 for Christmas.  Opened it Christmas Eve, so I had it ready to go first thing Christmas morning.  I played it from about 9am to 5pm, and then switched to Fable.  It's great not having any family/friends to bother me on Christmas.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]
my personal best has been 16 hours.  On average when i sit down to play i usually do it for 3 hours.
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't remember the hours but once I played CS when it was light, they it was dark then it was light again.  Man time flies.
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]

How many hours can you play before your eyes start to bleed?  

My eyes haven't been the same since I burned out my retinas thanks to that damn buffalo clown beast on the Chubby Chick Thread. <SNAP>

Now I keep a bottle of Visine next to the monitor just in case.
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I played Halo or Halo 2 for 25 hours straight.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah i played an rpg called starwars galaxies for like 24 hours straight the first day i got it..  
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]
My favorite is the original Diablo.
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
One night over break, I played GR 2 for about 6 hours....

And spent my dreams being chased by the People's Liberation Army-- no shit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I played Diablo 2 straight through on normal difficulty one weekend at college freshman year. I remeber eating only during the cut scenes. and sleeping for a few minutes at a time while in a town.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I play game until I get tired...
my actual record was about 20 hours.  It was my first RPG "Legond of Dragoon"
I need glasses so my videogames and PC 'visits' are doing no good on me.

The thing was with my record I only stoped to eat, piss and the some other things...
I forgot the time I started playing but what I remember was hoping my charators didn't die and I get all of the items so I wouldn't have to start over from a spot.

Now lets not talk about the Armored Core Series... When I first get a new title in the series I spend 6 hours the first day playing it.  
Then I start causing random pointless distruction.
Mmm... gotta love the arena's and all that firepower

NOTE:  I never got blood shot eyes nor bleeding eyes
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#12]
i've got this itchy feeling that i'm not going to be leaving my pc for a very long time once Battle Field 2 comes out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#13]
36 hrs+ on AA.
36 hrs+ on UT2K4.

No drugs ('cept nicotine).

That's usually about the time I spend on a game when I get it.

Time started to blur after that point.  I was in the zone, though.  No bleeding eyes.  Just wondering how the hell I was going to get to bed for work.

I work with game technology so, I consider it 'research'.

It's not really a long time...  doesn't the military have to stay awake for days at a time for hell week
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#14]
When I got Fallout 2 I went 8 or 12 hours straight.  I don't even think I got up to go to the bathroom.  

That was easily the most addicting game I've ever played.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I played Diablo 2 straight through on normal difficulty one weekend at college freshman year. I remeber eating only during the cut scenes. and sleeping for a few minutes at a time while in a town.

I still play from time to time, I make sure I log in often enough that my online characters are still saved, but time FLIES when you play Diablo.  "Just one more quest" turns into 6 hours before you know it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still play from time to time, I make sure I log in often enough that my online characters are still saved, but time FLIES when you play Diablo.  "Just one more quest" turns into 6 hours before you know it.

happened to me too many times to count.

harder now, with a wife and kids

txl
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#18]
No breaking point acheived yet. I host all night LAN parties twice a year in aircraft hangers. Usuallu have average of 20 players show up.

Longest I've gamed was 28 hours. Quake 3. My eyes weren't bleeding, I was just so damn tired.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i've got this itchy feeling that i'm not going to be leaving my pc for a very long time once Battle Field 2 comes out.

yeah man its going to be crazy.. hopefully I can get a server up for that game.  Right now have 2 Call of Duty United Ofensive servers running..
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm thinking my one purchase during 2005 is going to be a new computer built expressly for handling Battlefield 2 and Halflife 2.

My current PIV 2.4ghz with old Geforce 4 4400Ti is maxed out with HL2 on relatively low quality settings.

Thinking a PIV at 3.0+ghz with 800fsb, minimum of 1 gig ram, and a Geforce 6600.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top