BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/26/2014 10:55:11 PM EDT
I bet those pilgrims and Indians were freaking starving
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
18 hours in the smoker and it will be pure greatness!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]

You sir must not know how to cook a turkey

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Why do you know what shoe leather tastes like?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had every version of Thanksgiving dinner turkey even the ones that are injected with flavoring and they all suck.

I love the stuffing, the potatoes, the different salads, and all the rest of the surrounding foods...but I hate the taste of turkey
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I no longer participate in this shit because the food always sucks, someone (family) starts a fight etc.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Here’s a rough description of how my girlfriend is cooking our thanksgiving turkey.

A pound of ground beef.
Some spaghetti sauce
An onion.
Rotini noodles.
Grated parmesan cheese

Now, the more observant among you will notice that there is no turkey listed. This is correct. Our favorite way to cook turkey is not to cook turkey in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm smoking a brisket tomorrow...actually late tonight as the family wants to eat early afternoon tomorrow.

...and smoking another one Friday night to take to my sister's place Saturday.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I probably won't. My wife is in Sri Lanka, having just buried her father so I am baching it at a friend's house. I am taking a small half-ham because she doesn't like turkey (original plans changed when Dad took a turn for the worse, but I'm still going) and I don't like dry turkey breast. I'll probably have my own ham with their dinner. I may take my jazzed-up green bean casserole too. Haven't decided yet. I've started the oyster dressing by making a skillet of cornbread that is now cooling on a rack in the kitchen.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here’s a rough description of how my girlfriend is cooking our thanksgiving turkey.

A pound of ground beef.
Some spaghetti sauce
An onion.
Rotini noodles.
Grated parmesan cheese

Now, the more observant among you will notice that there is no turkey listed. This is correct. Our favorite way to cook turkey is not to cook turkey in the first place.
View Quote
Thanks I thought I was going to be raped in this thread
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Turkey and stuffing and 'taters and cranberries may well be my favorite meal.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A pound of ground beef.
Some spaghetti sauce
An onion.
Rotini noodles.
Grated parmesan cheese

View Quote

Reminds me of my family. We still do the turkey but there will also be lasagna on the table tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:16:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

this. Turkey is great if you just follow simple instructions.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Im not eating turkey tomorrow or any day.
You are what you eat and domestic turkeys are just plane dumb.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#15]
My work is catering Qdoba
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm making a cowboy Thanksgiving

1lb rib eyes,baked beans, potatoes and corn

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Smoked turkey is awesome.  The rest of the shit that goes with Thanksgiving/Christmas sucks except cheesy broccoli and some sorta seasoned rice.  Stuffing and dressing fucking suck along with yams and non chocolate pie!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Me.

Hate turkey with a passion.  Would rather eat dog kibble.  Or notebook paper.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#19]
We will probably have a couple of frozen pizza.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd rather have ham honestly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on who cooks it.

I've cooked the turkey all but twice for the last fifteen years. People love it, and they take extras with them. I cook a damn good turkey whether it's smoked, injected, or just straight roasted.

Tomorrow, I'll be choking down Grandma's chalk-dry turkey. Some people just can't cook it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turkeys have knocked out power grids
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife cooks turkey that is moist and juicy but I have tasted the dry turkey from other peoples kitchen. We have turkey several times each year and love it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes they were, the first "Thanksgiving" was a fast.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says the poster with pork in his screen name

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#27]
brining a perfect size 11.56 lb., non-enhanced, bird shortly...then, three hours on the Weber Bullet tomorrow with a hint of apple wood.
Pure sex...and it last longer
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm making a cowboy Thanksgiving
1lb rib eyes,baked beans, potatoes and corn

View Quote

We always do a Prime Rib Roast, Ham and Turkey. Everyone in my family is an awesome cook so I have no clue what the fuck the OP is on about.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh the Snap
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck turkey. I got a 70 hog going on the smoker at 5:00am.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Turducken
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#32]
My Italian wife coats her turkey in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic cloves and some green leafy shit and bakes it.
It is the most moist turkey I have ever had and my entire group of friends and family love it.  I don't know how you have had turkey but I guess it wasn't cooked properly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A pound of ground beef.
Some spaghetti sauce
An onion.
Rotini noodles.
Grated parmesan cheese

I’m convinced that most of the people who eat turkey at Thanksgiving would rather have something else. I’m a long time anti-turkey person.

Don’t’ get me wrong, turkey is edible. I won’t starve or even go very hungry if there’s turkey around. And I’ve had fried turkey before and it wasn’t bad at all. It’s just that there are so many things I would rather eat than turkey.

How many Kentucky Fried Turkey restaurants do you see? You can get fried chicken all over the place, but not turkey. People go to steak houses, but not turkey houses. And outside of Thanksgiving and maybe Christmas, few people eat turkey. No one invites their friends over for the NASCAR race and serves turkey. People don’t eat turkey buffalo wings at Superbowl parties. People eat turkey because of tradition, not because it is their meal of choice.

Yes, you can get turkey in sandwich shops like Subway. But that’s being marketed as the “healthy” alternative to chicken, beef, and ham. In other words, the marketing people know turkey is a distant 4th in everyone’s meat preferences, 5th if you count fish, and 6th if you count venison.

One time, about 10 years ago, my brother’s in-laws invited me over for Thanksgiving. They knew my feelings about turkey but were somewhat insistent. And I really do like them so I went. Thanksgiving dinner was served and they said that since they knew I was the only one that didn’t love turkey they had done something special for me… They served me a big steak. (Did I mention that I really do like my brother’s in laws) Yea, you should have seen the looks of jealousy from most of the people at the table.

Sure, some people’s tastes are different than mine. My brother loves turkey and he does eat it by choice. Most people don’t. I’m not knocking anyone’s personal tastes. I’m just saying that when people are honest, most people don’t really care for turkey that much.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#34]
All the non-carnivores in this thread should stick to tofu and dandelion salad for their gentle thanksgiving meal.

I'll be having Moms Turkey.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm the only one left that wants turkey. The girls all want king crab. I'll just add a turkey TV dinner but that shits going on Facebook
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#36]
My family and I will be continuing our annual Thanksgiving tradition by eating all of the delicious roasted meats that we desire.

We have standing reservations each Thanksgiving at Fogo de Chao.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty much at all times we have the meat from a big cooked turkey breast in the fridge so I doubt I'll be too excited about turkey
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Kommie.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#39]
If your turkey has the consistency of shoe leather and tastes bland, then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Im heading down the gorge to do some climbing, then Im grilling up a steak.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’m convinced that most of the people who eat turkey at Thanksgiving would rather have something else. I’m a long time anti-turkey person.

Don’t’ get me wrong, turkey is edible. I won’t starve or even go very hungry if there’s turkey around. And I’ve had fried turkey before and it wasn’t bad at all. It’s just that there are so many things I would rather eat than turkey.

How many Kentucky Fried Turkey restaurants do you see? You can get fried chicken all over the place, but not turkey. People go to steak houses, but not turkey houses. And outside of Thanksgiving and maybe Christmas, few people eat turkey. No one invites their friends over for the NASCAR race and serves turkey. People don’t eat turkey buffalo wings at Superbowl parties. People eat turkey because of tradition, not because it is their meal of choice.

Yes, you can get turkey in sandwich shops like Subway. But that’s being marketed as the “healthy” alternative to chicken, beef, and ham. In other words, the marketing people know turkey is a distant 4th in everyone’s meat preferences, 5th if you count fish, and 6th if you count venison.

One time, about 10 years ago, my brother’s in-laws invited me over for Thanksgiving. They knew my feelings about turkey but were somewhat insistent. And I really do like them so I went. Thanksgiving dinner was served and they said that since they knew I was the only one that didn’t love turkey they had done something special for me… They served me a big steak. (Did I mention that I really do like my brother’s in laws) Yea, you should have seen the looks of jealousy from most of the people at the table.

Sure, some people’s tastes are different than mine. My brother loves turkey and he does eat it by choice. Most people don’t. I’m not knocking anyone’s personal tastes. I’m just saying that when people are honest, most people don’t really care for turkey that much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A pound of ground beef.
Some spaghetti sauce
An onion.
Rotini noodles.
Grated parmesan cheese

I can honestly say I greatly enjoy a turkey dinner.

I'd much prefer it over a chicken dinner. That possibly may well be because I have chicken often, and turkey just a few times a year but I regard it as a treat.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Me and the wife are going to ruth chris
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#43]
OP is a Thanksgiving drag!
OP - go eat some McDonalds or something.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#44]
I am not sure what crap you eat but the turkeys i smoke are full of flavor and super moist.

It takes alot of labor to get it there but its well  worth it..

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Fucking blasphemy!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I'll take an ribeye over turkey any day.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Kids don't like turkey.

We are having beef. It's just wrong.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:32:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Kids don't like turkey.
View Quote

you sir fail at life...must have turkey on turkey day
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids don't like turkey.

Says the guy living in ohio.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm not a fan of turkey either.  Give me a baked ham any day!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top