Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2004 2:33:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/24/2004 2:33:25 PM EST by Hawkeye]
Been busy and haven't had a chance to check posts as often as I would like. But with all the news coming out as to what 'antis' would like to implement when the AWB sunsets I was wondering if everyone is still chearing in the streets and counting down the days. I know the AWB sunset was a source of rejoicement for most on this post, and am eager to see if anyone has began to change their views on what the future of gun ownership may hold.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:04:23 AM EST
Rejoicing? Maybe chatter is a better word. There has never been a firearms law repealed one it was enacted. I don't think that this one is a shoe-in by any means. Maybe I'll be happily suprised. Mario
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:06:46 AM EST
"Cautiously optimistic"
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:07:07 AM EST
The AWB doesn't have to be repealed though. It WILL die, that is a FACT. The question is whether or not they can pass ANOTHER one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:09:00 AM EST
The current 1994 AWB will sunset as it is part of the law that was signed. Now as far as what new bill will get through and what new crap we will have to deal with is anyone guess. Best thing to do is send letters, faxes, call and email (most never see those)them. Tell them you will not vote for them and will make sure everyone know they voted for a new ban at election time.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:28:08 AM EST
There has never been a firearms law repealed one it was enacted. Mario
View Quote
You used to need an FFL to buy ammo via mail order. This was repealed in 1986 . I am sure there are more out there If I did research.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:39:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/9/2003 6:40:04 AM EST by DallmannTodd]
Originally Posted By catch223: The AWB doesn't have to be repealed though. It WILL die, that is a FACT. The question is whether or not they can pass ANOTHER one.
View Quote
It is not nessecarily going to 'die' Septemeber 2004 is when it is up for renewell and revision...meaning it could remain execpt with more restrictions added.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:22:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By DallmannTodd:
Originally Posted By catch223: The AWB doesn't have to be repealed though. It WILL die, that is a FACT. The question is whether or not they can pass ANOTHER one.
View Quote
It is not nessecarily going to 'die' Septemeber 2004 is when it is up for renewell and revision...meaning it could remain execpt with more restrictions added.
View Quote
6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other. The 1994 law DIES in 2004. PERIOD. It has to have a new bill IN PLACCE by 14 Sept 2004. If there is NOT a new bill/law in place on that day, ALL postbans and prebans become the SAME thing: Rifles. Period. If they want to add provisions, it has to be a new bill. It has to pass the house AND senate, AND be IDENTICAL. PERIOD. Then, it has to be signed by the prez. PERIOD.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:28:10 AM EST
Mugzilla, You make it sound like it would nearly impossible to have a bill get signed by house, senate and President, but it happens often, even with Firearms bills, and even with Assult Weapon Bans. This is not far fetched, and the new bill is already being drafted and supported my members of congress. Our gun rights disappearing is a reality. PERIOD.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:36:34 AM EST
ERGO, if there is a lag time we can buy all the pre ban stuff and it will fall under grandfather provisions to the next bill. Run on sentence, yup...
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:47:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By DallmannTodd: Mugzilla, You make it sound like it would nearly impossible to have a bill get signed by house, senate and President, but it happens often, even with Firearms bills, and even with Assult Weapon Bans. This is not far fetched, and the new bill is already being drafted and supported my members of congress. Our gun rights disappearing is a reality. PERIOD.
View Quote
I don't think he made it sound like it would be impossible. In fact it's entirely possible that the new bill or something like it could make it's way through. That is why all of us need to let our local Representatives and Senators know that we do not support any new legislation. So far I’ve gotten some very positive responses back from my Senators in that they do not support any new legislation but that doesn’t mean I won’t continue to stay in touch with them on this matter (and others).
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:05:58 AM EST
Honestly will be surprised if it sunsets. I just spent the weekend with my pro gun anti Republican Democrap brother. The people he votes for won't be on our side.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:07:43 AM EST
I'm gonna start looking for some kind of chicken-little "the sky is falling" emoticon for these threads. And yes, I'm "still rejoicing" because it [i]will[/i] sunset. No question about it. And it's my opinion that, with what DeLay has said about the bill never even reaching the House floor, there won't be a replacement bill. I believe that's why Bush made the statement that he'd sign a replacement bill - he knows it won't come to that, and he won points with liberals by saying it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:08:19 AM EST
I am some what optimistic about it sunsetting. However, I am always worried about any further laws infringing upon my freedoms.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:34:57 AM EST
I don't care whether you think the AWB will sunset or not; but I fully expect that both those preaching doom and gloom about it and those assured of its death are ALL working to see that it does die. Pessimist, optimist, doesn't matter to me as long as you pull your weight.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:37:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts: I don't care whether you think the AWB will sunset or not; but I fully expect that both those preaching doom and gloom about it and those assured of its death are ALL working to see that it does die. [red]Pessimist, optimist, doesn't matter to me as long as you pull your weight.[/red]
View Quote
Ditto.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:47:06 AM EST
It's Just going to get Worst !!!! Don't Wett your Pants Yet !!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 9:53:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By bvmjethead:
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts: I don't care whether you think the AWB will sunset or not; but I fully expect that both those preaching doom and gloom about it and those assured of its death are ALL working to see that it does die. [red]Pessimist, optimist, doesn't matter to me as long as you pull your weight.[/red]
View Quote
Ditto.
View Quote
I completely agree.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:42:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/9/2003 10:43:12 AM EST by ZRH]
Originally Posted By fell-off-the-truck: It's Just going to get Worst !!!! Don't Wett your Pants Yet !!!
View Quote
Okay, just go hide in your hole FOTT. We've been lisentening to your crap since april. Some of us are doing something about it instead of just crying wolf.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 2:33:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 3:35:36 PM EST
moved a year old post ....
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 3:36:31 PM EST
\/
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 4:03:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:28:00 PM EST
Now it looks like it will be approved eternally, damn Finestein.
Link Posted: 6/24/2004 5:34:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By SS109:
Now it looks like it will be approved eternally, damn Finestein.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:24:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By DallmannTodd:
Mugzilla,
You make it sound like it would nearly impossible to have a bill get signed by house, senate and President, but it happens often, even with Firearms bills, and even with Assult Weapon Bans. This is not far fetched, and the new bill is already being drafted and supported my members of congress. Our gun rights disappearing is a reality. PERIOD.

Top Top