Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 7:42:36 PM EDT
I am currently selling off a bunch of M14 parts under the name desertvet762 on ebay.  One of them was a flash suppressor with bayonet lug.  Just a few minutes ago I checked them and it turns out the FS got pulled (even though I did a search and there are several of them listed, some in the last two days) and I am now suspended from listing anything new for one day.  In the last two months this has happened three other times.  Once for a set of M16 triangle handguards, once for a Spec Ops Mamba Sling (I used the evil number/letter combination "M4") and the next time for an evil AK47 ammo pouch.  This is my fourth strike.  What pisses me off the most is that on each occaison I looked before I listed and found several of the same items already listed.  I threatened them with a harassment lawsuit last time.  

I know I should have just listed the stuff on Gunbroker (where the FS is indeed listed now) but eBay gets a lot more traffic and I need the money to fund other gun projects.

So I am sure some of you have been outright booted, how many warnings does it take.  I'd really like to get all my M14 stuff sold! Not to mention the fact that I have kept the roof over my head since getting back from Iraq via ebay...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody's got to know!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't find that out either when my listing were yanked.  I even went so far as to get suspended for 24 hours, which totally screwed up my auctions.  There is no real rule listing of what is or isn't allowed just the CA assault ban citation.

Some of their message baords talk about other sellers reporting listings in a effort to get rid of their competition.  It's totally bogus and as a seller I'm completely disgusted with Ebay.

I've started listing items in ones and twos and carefully wording my descriptions.  Complete hassle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Ebay is retarded.  They don't even care about the law, anything "assault weapon related" is out.  It has nothing to do with the California assault weapons law, none of this stuff is banned for purchase.  Anyway, just try listing as airsoft!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Just use the EE here.  It kicks ass.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just use the EE here.  It kicks ass.

+1 if it's gun related, chances are you can find it a home here. on the EE
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I know I should have just listed the stuff on Gunbroker (where the FS is indeed listed now) but eBay gets a lot more traffic and I need the money to fund other gun projects.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Link ?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking about selling some odds and ends that are collecting dust in the basement.  Do you think I should include a disclaimer like "These scuba fins are not assault weapons"  or  "This stereo component is not a working firearm"?

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
_________________________________________________________________________________

Link ? hr

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=45748614

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was thinking about selling some odds and ends that are collecting dust in the basement.  Do you think I should include a disclaimer like "These scuba fins are not assault weapons"  or  "This stereo component is not a working firearm"?

hr

Hell yes, I am going to start doing that with every auction, as soon as they unlock my account...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#10]
2 and you get a suspension I believe.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a bunch of junk I've been thinking about selling on Ebay, but after all the stories I hear about people getting ripped off it doesnt seem worth the effort. I may do it yet just for the ammo money though...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am currently selling off a bunch of M14 parts under the name desertvet762 on ebay.

So let me get this straight - you are fully aware that M14 parts and accessories are specifically prohibited by eBay, but you still list them, and when you get caught you whine about it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:38:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

Yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top