Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2001 11:38:51 AM EDT
I think the first one was the one with Meg Ryan and Denzel?

Since then;
Three Kings
Bravo Two Zero
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont forget Hot Shots! Part Deux
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
"Bravo Two Zero" has been made into a movie?  I'm reading the book right now. Is the movie any good?

TIA!  DaMan
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Three Kings was a GREAT movie!
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The one with Denzel Washington was "Courage Under Fire."  Very good movie, IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to see a movie, or maybe a series of movies that shows all of the aspects of the ground war. I want to see tank battles, ground troops shooting it out. Helicopters in attack formations, the works. Doesn't need a plot, just a lot of dying Iraqis and gunfire. That is excitement.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
In addition to the mentioned movies:

[b]The One That Got Away[/b](the B20 story from Chris Ryan´s perspective)
[b]The Finest Hour[/b]

Some TV movies also exist on the Gulf War.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I really disliked Courage Under Fire. They made that movie out to be Meg Ryan being this Hooah-Hooah hard charging pilot, Lou Diamond Phillips as a sniveling Infantryman tasked as a doorgunner, and Denzel Washington as an alcoholic former TC who can't get past giving a fire command that caused a fratricide. Ryan gets shot down and Phillips tells her they need to E&E before nightfall or they'll be overrun, and the movie makes him look like a coward. E&E was exactly what they should have done. As a Gulf War Vet, and an Infantryman, I gave it two thumbs down...

Three Kings did rock though...
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, if you can't hang, stay home. If that was real world, they would have all been going home in boxes. What do you think the Infantry does if your squad gets hit? Sit there and wait for the mortars? Wounded can E&E, ask my Father-In-Law, who managed to E&E out of the DMZ with his crew when his Huey Gunship got shot down.

"Or did you forget that part?"

I wish I could have forgotten that whole damn movie!
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, that's why they have horse races...differences of opinion.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree. Sometimes I really need to stop myself, because as a friend once told me, "Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard."

I really looked forward to that movie and was seriously disappointed. I had to hear the babble in some of my college classes about this movie, and it drove me nuts. First thing I learned in the 101st was if the bird goes down, collect the wounded and unass the AO, as every swinging dick will be on that crash site looking to pop you a new poochute between the eyes. What you do is blow the chopper, E&E to a safe area, and pop smoke when a friendly comes looking around for you. End of story...
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In addition to the mentioned movies:

[b]The One That Got Away[/b](the B20 story from Chris Ryan´s perspective)
[b]The Finest Hour[/b]

Some TV movies also exist on the Gulf War.
View Quote

Tuuka, was "The One That Got Away" a made for TV movie by the BBC?  I've found Chris Ryan's books ("The One That Got Away", "The Watchman", "The Hit List" and "Chris Ryan's SAS Fitness Book"), but no video/movie.

I know that Sean Bean starred in "Bravo Two Zero", but I can't find that video locally either.  Perhaps also BBC made for TV series?

TIA!  DaMan  
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]
DaMan, yes the One That Got Away was a TV movie.

It´s available on Amazon UK site in PAL format

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004CS2E/imdb-uk/202-8454440-1338239[/url]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, Tuuka!  I also see Amazon.com has the VHS of "Bravo Two Zero". The book is excellent and Sean Bean is a good actor.  I liked him in the "Sharpe's Rifles" series.

Thanks again for the info!  DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top