Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 5:27:51 AM EDT
I don't think anyone really expects the Palles to suddenly become peace loving terrorists.

So how long do you think?

Days, weeks, months?

Here's a film every US citizen should watch. The film is about 25 minutes and well worth your time.

A Stab In The Heart

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#1]
One election cycle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
       A couple of months, only because the Israelis will have to put up with repeated attacks eminating from Gaza before they can do anything due to international pressure.

IBTJH

(In Before The Jew Haters)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:35:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish we didn't have to finance the whole thing.  I heard this morning on FOX we're paying like two million for the relocation.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:45:49 AM EDT
[#4]
WTH is Sharon thinking? He better have an ace up his sleeve, like the first bombing that occurs they declare all-out war or something.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I really do not get the whole thing.

Isreal thinks that by moving the enemy closer and making concessions that they will be safer?

I wonder how 'free and clear' title work will be with the home they left behind.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Running away never fixed anything, not using enough force never has either.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WTH is Sharon thinking? He better have an ace up his sleeve, like the first bombing that occurs they declare all-out war or something.

I was telling my wife that very thing last night. Giving them the land while knowing full well the pali's will fuck up. That gives Isreal the excuse they've been looking for to open up thier big can o' whoop ass on 'em.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I was telling my wife that very thing last night. Giving them the land while knowing full well the pali's will fuck up. That gives Isreal the excuse they've been looking for to open up thier big can o' whoop ass on 'em.

We have a winner!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#9]
They have 30,000 troops guarding 8000 settlers, bad business

1st attack out of Gaza might be their last.

Its good PR when Israel gave the Palis what they wanted and the attacks dont stop.

US put this plan in place, part of it was US financing
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought the idea behind withdrawing from Gaza was to turn it into a "free-fire zone".  Any rockets or anything fired from Gaza result in immediate massive retaliatory artillery fire.  When the Israelis do retake it there won't be many people left alive.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully this will take us a step closer to peace. I wont hold my breath of course...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#12]
For those who are protesting the migration are truely stupid.

This is one of the most brilliant moves Israel can make.  Its like calling a time out to move out the women and children before the mega can of whoop ass is opened.

When the first rocket attacks start, Israel can feel good that there will be no BLUE ON BLUE engagements and the only people left from Israel will be SF folks lasering the targets.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#13]
i say six months. the pal authority will try to keep a lid on hamas as they try to look good long enough to get the west bank but hamas will jump the gun and will start launching attacks out of gaza. the izzies will tell the pa to get it's people under control then will take it just long enough to be able to say they tried, then the hammer will fall.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i say six months. the pal authority will try to keep a lid on hamas as they try to look good long enough to get the west bank but hamas will jump the gun and will start launching attacks out of gaza. the izzies will tell the pa to get it's people under control then will take it just long enough to be able to say they tried, then the hammer will fall.

sounds about right
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#15]
yup, six months to a year. after repeated attacks launched fom there, they will 'have to' hammer them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I wish we didn't have to finance the whole thing.  I heard this morning on FOX we're paying like two million for the relocation.

Try 2 BILLION - at least that's what Israel wants to U.S. to pay them.  

I'm sure Palestinians are demanding even MORE than that, to help them "rebuild" or whatever.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know why the US agreed with the UN to have the Israelis leave the Sinai peninsula decades ago!  Imagine Israel stretching from it's current location all the way to the Suez Canal.  With all that extra land for development, we might not have to send to much aid to the Israelis.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure Palestinians are demanding even MORE than that, to help them "rebuild" or whatever.

Ah, my-arch nemesis.  Good morning DK.  Nice sparing with you last night.  

BTW, cool avatar.  What movie is it from?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, my-arch nemesis.  Good morning DK.  Nice sparring with you last night.  

I have an arch-nemesis?  Cool.  

Sorry - didn't mean to pick on you in this thread.  I didn't realize it was you.  Get a memorable avatar so we'll all recognize you   As for mine, it's not from a movie (I wish!) - but a picture of me when I was young, in the army (back in the old country), and still had hair.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Did you see his quote from the other day?  That is basically what he said.  He said that he is offering his hand in peace but if they respond with terror he will return it with the "fiercest fire they have ever seen".
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
       A couple of months, only because the Israelis will have to put up with repeated attacks eminating from Gaza before they can do anything due to international pressure.

Thats my thought too. Hamas is already massing to move into Gaza.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, my-arch nemesis.  Good morning DK.  Nice sparring with you last night.  

I have an arch-nemesis?  Cool.  

Sorry - didn't mean to pick on you in this thread.  I didn't realize it was you.  Get a memorable avatar so we'll all recognize you   As for mine, it's not from a movie (I wish!) - but a picture of me when I was young, in the army (back in the old country), and still had hair.

Geez, nice uniform.  I thought it was from this classic...

Anyways, I'll work on the avatar.  Cheers!  

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I believe that Hamas has said that they will continue their attacks regardless of any pull out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#24]
New Avatar
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#25]
3 days.

If that.

hamas can't wait to blow up some 'retreating' isreali children.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia palestinian leader was roaming around today wearing a shirt that reads  "Today Gaza. Tomorrow the West Bank and Jerusalem."

This is the sentement of the palestinians and more. They say they just want peace and a place to live, but they won't be happy untill they push Israelis right in to the damn ocean.  I say Israel needs to kick the shit out of them once and for all.  Just my .02

Rob
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia palestinian leader was roaming around today wearing a shirt that reads  "Today Gaza. Tomorrow the West Bank and Jerusalem."

This is the sentement of the palestinians and more. They say they just want peace and a place to live, but they won't be happy untill they push Israelis right in to the damn ocean.  I say Israel needs to kick the shit out of them once and for all.  Just my .02

Rob

+1
Get it over with once and for all.

As for pissing off the oil producing nations, I think we're past that point already.  I don't want to sound like an evil war-monger, but I think the time will come where we will have to sieze most of the world's oil fields just so that we can survive.  If the oil producers are using oil as a weapon against us (which I think they are), we might not have any other choice.  

I will be the first to admit that I'm a hypocrite because my ass won't be on the line.   I'm not in the military.  Forgive me for being an extreme "chickenhawk".
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#28]
December.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Has the US agreed to the $2.2 billion relocation aid package?

I cannot find any links to that effect.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#30]
The Pali's will take a productive area and turn it into a slum in 90 days....or less!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#31]
So.. Let me come to your house with soliders, with tanks, helicopters, fighter jets so on and so fourth and make you give up your land without anything in return, relocate you to one area (west bank) and say this is your new home. You have no say! PERIOD! If you fight we will kill you, leave your house leave your land it is not yours anymore. On top of that we're going to make settlements right inside of the land we're giving you (gaza, west bank) we're going to surround this new area with land mines, razor wire and guards who are willing to kill you if you cross the settlements borders. With that said, we're going to hassle your every movement from now on, strip searches, check points, constant harassment by military and police, if you're not jewish we are going to make your life hell living here.  No one is going to be on your side either we are the major power here, what we say goes and thats final. Forget that you have lived here for hundreds if not thousands of years this land is ours now. No take it or leave it here, Take it or Die. The land we're giving you (which was already yours) we will occupy with military and civilian police (Which is a direct Violation of United Nations Sanctions) But we dont care about the UN We're Israel we'll do what we want.

I'm just trying to give you people an understanding of what the Palestinian's are dealing with. What would happen if you were in their shoes?  I read many threads in these forums about what people would do if someone broke into their house to steal, imagine a government stealing your land, you home, your liberty.   McM

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#32]
1 to 5 years.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Im sick of religion.  Im sick of Israel.  Im sick of Palestine.  Im sick of the Middle East.  Im sick of Africa.

Neither has done anything good for the world.

They are neverending drama queens.

I am at differences with god,  I think "god" is a true idiot.  And  somebody I wouldnt get along with.  And I know I definatly would not agree with.

The news is saturated with crap.  Boring politics because people are too stupid to just be enlightened on common sense of running a country,  evil genocide,  corruption,  poverty,  racism,  filthy rich underachievers.  Dumb ass hollywood whore sluts on TV.   Crazy foreign governments and their cultures.

It all makes me sick.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Did you see his quote from the other day?  That is basically what he said.  He said that he is offering his hand in peace but if they respond with terror he will return it with the "fiercest fire they have ever seen".

uhh,  I could be misreading this but I'd take that "fiercest fire" thing to mean nukes.  I mean, that's probably not what he meant but when I hear "fiercest fire" I see a mushroom cloud in my head....
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So.. Let me come to your house with soliders, with tanks, helicopters, fighter jets so on and so fourth and make you give up your land without anything in return, relocate you to one area (west bank) and say this is your new home. You have no say! PERIOD! If you fight we will kill you, leave your house leave your land it is not yours anymore. On top of that we're going to make settlements right inside of the land we're giving you (gaza, west bank) we're going to surround this new area with land mines, razor wire and guards who are willing to kill you if you cross the settlements borders. With that said, we're going to hassle your every movement from now on, strip searches, check points, constant harassment by military and police, if you're not jewish we are going to make your life hell living here.  No one is going to be on your side either we are the major power here, what we say goes and thats final. Forget that you have lived here for hundreds if not thousands of years this land is ours now. No take it or leave it here, Take it or Die. The land we're giving you (which was already yours) we will occupy with military and civilian police (Which is a direct Violation of United Nations Sanctions) But we dont care about the UN We're Israel we'll do what we want.

I'm just trying to give you people an understanding of what the Palestinian's are dealing with. What would happen if you were in their shoes?  I read many threads in these forums about what people would do if someone broke into their house to steal, imagine a government stealing your land, you home, your liberty.   McM

But why did they roll the tanks in in the first place?  If Israel wasn't attacked in the first place, they wouldn't be there right now anyway.  

Besides, why would anyone give a fuck about people who dance in the streets the day after America was attacked?  I don't care what you say, I know in my heart that the Pals overwhelmingly (at least 99.99999999% of them) sympathise with the terrorists who attacked us.  I'm all out of give a shit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have a winner!!

Yep. This is what Sharon has said. This is a strategic withdrawal to show the true colours of the Arabs. Sharon has already said when the terrorism continues as he knows it will the IDF will hit back in a way they have never seen before.

Gaza was a bad proposition from day one. By showing the Arabs true colours they will strengthen their hold on Judea and Samaria.

It is a good thing that Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the "Palestinian Authority," including their Holocaust denying "Prime Minister" are claiming victory. By claiming victory they OWN IT. They are now responsible for what happens and their pathetic whining about "Occupation" will no longer hold water (except with the anti Jews).

This might be humiliating somewhat for Israel but it strengthens their hand. Sharon and the IDF know full well this will do nothing to stop terrorism and they have said that repeatedly. Nothing they were able to do before while occupying Gaza was stopping it either. Now their hands will be untied, artillery and air strikes will be on the table.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I don't know why the US agreed with the UN to have the Israelis leave the Sinai peninsula decades ago!  Imagine Israel stretching from it's current location all the way to the Suez Canal.  With all that extra land for development, we might not have to send to much aid to the Israelis.

The only time the Israeli budget was balanced was when they occupied the Sinai.  Never before, never since.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]
The settlements were unsustainable. They were about like a bunch of people going out and building houses in a national forrest, eventually something was going to done about them.

Now, Isreal can say, "Not only did we close the settlements, we left your land, If you attack us now we will be completely justified in kicking your asses."

I think this is a good idea and Sharon will die kicking thrie asses. I also think Netanyahu's resignation will put him in the lead for next P.M. He won't give in either.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#39]
........give someone just enough rope....

yup, it's gonna happen.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:33:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Well, maybe they wouldn't have so many Israeli soldiers and police to deal with if they stopped bombing busses, and restaurants, and nightclubs, and on and on and on.

Blaming the Israelis for "Palestinian" troubles ignores 57 years of history.

I mean really, you have small "Palestinian" children dancing and singing about killing Jews and Americans.  Sheik Ibrahim Mudeiris says that "Muslims will rule America and Britain, Jews Are a Virus Resembling AIDS." And, he's the same guy who says that terrorist prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan are forced to convert to Christianity. He knows that's not true...but it plays well to the masses of his failed society.  (Yes, some of us actually know that what the Islamists say in private is very different from what they say in public.)

And you blame the Israelis?  The biggest failure of Arab society is to not accept personal responsibility for their situation.  Why haven't any of the other, rather numerous, Arab and Muslim countries in the region done more for the "Palestinians?" I'll tell you why. No Arab country wants them either.  Who wants 1.4 million professional victims?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#42]
The first attacks on Jews from Gaza have already been perpetrated by the IDF on their fellow Jews.

A government should never attack it's own people.  

Sharon is a fool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top