Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2003 10:11:10 AM EDT
How long of a wait is it for somebody to receive an FFL??  I have already completed my App., Prints, Photo, Proof of Safe,  etc. and sent it all to Dallas.  My check was cashed several weeks ago, and I was already granted a Business License from my local County.  What else is next??  Is there an interview??  Do they check the premesis??  
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Usually 6 weeks to 2 months until they have an inspector come do your site visit and interview.  Then 2 weeks to a month after the interview to get the paper (provided you're approved).
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
What would be some of the reasons they would disapprove?? (Barring, of course-the obvious)
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You're not zoned for it.
You aren't the property owner and haven't gotten signed permission from said owner.
Sheriff/CLEO tells them your business would be in violation somehow.
Your background check comes up (right or wrong) with some kind of firearms disability.
The interviewer doesn't belive you're actually going to engage in the activity as a for-profit business concern.

could be others, too, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Im playing the same waiting game... They cashed my check weeks ago but I haven't heard a thing.

I have the safe, business license, alarm, landloard permision, inventory, and bills. But I cant do business. Between waiting for the FFL and the local firearms license and the second hand dealer license, and the godamn loan I'm going to age prematurely.

The 10 day waiting period is childs play..
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Big Mac-why the hell would you want to get an FFL in CA???  That would be like opening a synagouge in Beirut!!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
it was either open the store or watch it close forever..

I consider it my personal fight for gun rights. Some people flee the state.. I open a shop.

I cant make it to all the assemblys... so I'll do this.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
We got the call today from our interviewer. He's coming out next monday for a look around and explain the rules and such.

I am so nervous.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#8]
AWSOME!  When did they cash your check?

They cashed my check may April 10th. My field inspector doesnt have the work assigned yet.

After I get that paper I have to wait another month while I wait for my local and state license.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#9]
well howd it go???

How long did it take? My partner got our # over the phone but we havent had our inspection or interviews. I hope they get around to it soon..
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#10]
THAT FORM ON THE LOCKING DEVICE
I THOUGHT IT MENT A SAFE ALSO BUT THE ATF INSPECTOR EXPLAINED IT MENT YOU HAVE TO HAVE TRIGGER LOCKS OR SOME TYPE OF LOCKING DEVICE
AVAILABLE TO THE BUYER OF THE FIREARMS
IT IS VERY MISLEADING
I JUST WENT THROUGH THE WHOLE DEAL ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top