Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/2/2008 8:12:04 PM EST
What is the optimum number of days of rest that your body recovers fully but not long enough that it starts de-training? I know everyone is different, but I'm curious if there's an average. I still haven't figured out mine...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:29:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By foogoo:
What is the optimum number of days of rest that your body recovers fully but not long enough that it starts de-training? I know everyone is different, but I'm curious if there's an average. I still haven't figured out mine...

I need about 2 good hours until I'm ready to hit it w/ the wife full steam. I can do it in less, but there must be ample imagery. What? Isn't that what you're asking about?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:42:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By InheritedAnArsenal:

I need about 2 good hours until I'm ready to hit it w/ the wife full steam. I can do it in less, but there must be ample imagery. What? Isn't that what you're asking about?

2 hours? When I was younger, it was something like 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:20:00 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:55:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2008 7:56:19 AM EST by RolandofGilead]

Originally Posted By AGW:

Originally Posted By 338winmag:

I think IAA is like 37 or 39.

To answer the question... it will vary from person to person, but 2 days is probably about right.

I remember reading somewhere that you start to lose muscle at 3 days of inactivity. Take that for what it's worth...considering I can't even remember where I read that, it's probably not worth much
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:29:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By AGW:

Originally Posted By 338winmag:

I think IAA is like 37 or 39.

To answer the question... it will vary from person to person, but 2 days is probably about right.

Ding, ding ding. 37. And I could never do 10 minutes even at 18.

To actually answer the question. I think 2-3 days between lifting... at least for me.
Top Top