Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2004 2:42:01 PM EST
Before going over and saying something to them? Or even calling the police? Last night, our neighbors (about 100 yards away) were having a huge arguing match. Started around 9:30 pm, stopped around 10. We don't know them very well, they've lived there for a couple of years, but keep mostly to themselves. We went over and introduced ourselves when they moved in, but other than the occasional stopping and talking for a quick few minutes, haven't really talked to them since. Anyway, this is the first time I've heard them argue like this. I went outside, they were in their garage with the door open, and I just hung around outside for a bit just to make sure I didn't hear it escalating into something physical. I definitely would have ran over at that point. But other than yelling and screaming at each other (with the obligatory f-bomb in every sentence!), nothing happened and they quieted down about 1/2 hour later.

So, who would have gone over sooner? I hate to get into a domestic dispute like that (did once and it got physical, that's why I waited). But then you wonder what if it did get violent, and maybe if I went over sooner it may not have?

Just curious rambling from another low poster ...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:45:55 PM EST
I was told by a cop that domestics are dangerous to get involved in due to the emotions, and that if you try to intervene in a potentially violent situation, you may become the target. I would not intervene at all unless I knew them well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:49:13 PM EST
Stay away.
Trust me on this.

Call the cops if you think it's going to be bad.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:49:58 PM EST
Remember that oftentimes the "victim" who has asked an officer to arrest the "aggressor" will attack the arresting officer when the officer attempts to arrest the "aggressor." Domestic Disputes are considered some of the most dangerous situations (for officers, but sure it applies to joe blow too.) second only to traffic stops.

John
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:50:42 PM EST
Arguments happen. Stay out of it UNLESS you see or feel its gonna get physical. Then

CALL THE COPS

Do NOT get in the middle. as Rifleman 2000 said "domestics are dangerous to get involved in due to the emotions"

And if they are unstable tards in the first place all you need is for 'him' to say you are jumping in because you want to 'screw' her or she will accuse you of ganging up against her...

... You need that shit?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:52:42 PM EST
Never let the man in your life. And if possible, never put the man in another persons life.

The moment you call the PO PO and someone gets charged with Domestic Violence they loose there gun rights. Unless they are beating each other into a bloody pulp leave them alone.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:53:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
Stay away.

Call the cops if you think it's going to be bad.

agreed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:55:19 PM EST
So far, that's pretty much why I stayed away. I intervened in one before where he started pushing her around, and it turned into them against me. It took a well-placed knee to get out of there! I thought if this did get physical and harmful to her, I was going to have my wife call 911 and then go over, but not without something. Or if it went much longer I would have called also.

Maybe tonight I'll just get out the lawn chair, beer and popcorn ...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:57:02 PM EST
... Can't ever remember it happening
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:58:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By ffsparky26:
Never let the man in your life. And if possible, never put the man in another persons life.

The moment you call the PO PO and someone gets charged with Domestic Violence they loose there gun rights. Unless they are beating each other into a bloody pulp leave them alone.

W..........T..........F..........?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:08:18 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:11:22 PM EST
Call in the professionals.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:17:57 PM EST
Mind your own business. Nature has it's own way of culling the human herd.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:21:26 PM EST
Stay out of it. Don't call the cops. YOU don't really KNOW what's going on inside SOMEONE ELSES HOME.

AB
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:23:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 3:25:47 PM EST by norman74]
DO NOT GET INVOLVED IN DOMESTIC DISPUTES.

Ask any cop, domestics are one of the worst calls to report to. About the time you pull some bruiser off his old lady and get him calmed down, she'll pick up a screwdriver and stab you in the back of the head.

Cops get paid to deal with shit like that, let them.

ETA:
I'd stay out of it up until the point their fighting kept me awake or from enjoying my movie on TV.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:34:46 PM EST
If it interferes with me or my family members going to sleep, I call the cops. Sorry, if you can hear them 100yds they are asshats.

I used to have an apt and my slut neighbor's boyfriends use to come and beat on her door after the bars closed around 2a.m. screaming all kinds of stupid shit. 6' from my front door. I called the cops every time.
Top Top