Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 12:39:42 AM EDT
How long before U.S. is hit with a nuke?

It seems eminent to me. With the proliferation of these weapons, it is just a matter of time before someone levels New York or D.C.

Strange that as fearful as we were of nukes during the cold war, the real threat is probably much greater now and no one is seeming to give it a second thought.

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#1]
My personal belief is that it won't be soon, but it won't be long either.  Eventually, the American people will tire of the war on terrorism, and everyone will start to relax again.  Then, sometime in the future, when our guard is down and they're all living in a fantasy world we'll get hit with something bad, most likely a dirty nuke.

Think about this, how many people still have their American flag still up on their house or their flags on their car?  The herd is starting to get complacent again.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Think about this, how many people still have their American flag still up on their house or their flags on their car?  The herd is starting to get complacent again.

View Quote

I had mine on my Jeep prior to 9/11 and they are still on there today.
You are correct though, no one gives a damn anymore.....[V]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish that you two weren't right.  It IS only a matter of time AND not nearly enough people are worried about it.

I've been corresponding with a few folks who have purchased potassium iodate from me.  One common thing is that usually when they try to discuss the possibility (read: eventuality) of a nuke weapon, dirty bomb, or a catastrophic nuclear power plant attack with friends or family, they are at best ignored, and at worst,viewed as alarmist kooks!  My experience has been the same.  This attitude - only months after the 09/11 attack - is nothing short of insane imho.  Flight 93, the Pentagon, and the WTC were just fluke incidents, I guess....

rant:
If you don't buy from me, I would encourage you to buy some potassium iodate/iodide from someone.  If you don't have kids, hey, it's your business.  If you do have kids and choose not to acquire some, then I say, in all honesty, that I think you are a lazy parent.  Flame intended.  No nomex suit needed on my part since I'm right.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:23:19 AM EDT
[#4]
...more likely a radiation dispersal device (RDD). Similar psychological fear without hassle of nuke...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:24:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I just wonder how people like tatjana are going to feel knowing that they opposed us doing more to protect ourselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top