Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2007 6:33:47 PM EDT
Hi, I just ordered some copper, stainless, aluminum, and titanium rods about .3in in diameter and 2ft long.  I intend to make a pair of hair chopsticks for my better half.  

I am going to have them machined down to around 1/4in and have some decorations cut into them and have them honed down to a decent point.  The idea behind all of this is to give Lisa something she can wear and still use as a weapon if need be and they'll also be unique and somewhat fashionable (hopefully).  How long and what diameter is a normal hairstick and what do you ladies think about the idea?

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only seen them a couple of times- can't use them in my hair since I have too much of it.

I would suggest going down to the store and taking a quick peek at the real deal.  I've seen little 5 inch-ish ones and ones closer to the size of actual chopsticks.

What she's going to need will depend on her hair.... you may want to ask her what she would use, hypothetically, if she were to buy some.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Good Advice.  I would recommend them being about 7"
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't see those without thinking of Meet The Parents.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Check these out they are pretty standard.
www.ishiboo.com/~nirva/Projects/hardware/hair_chopsticks/

Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top