Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 2:09:10 PM EDT
If I puchased an item that was defective and the vendor refused to fix it or dragged things out, without a satisfactory outcome.....How long can I wait? Is there a way that I can file this with my credit card company and get a refund, if the dealer refuses to give my money back?

How long do I have after the purchase to file this with my credit card company? I want to give the vendor a change to make it right, but I dont want to wait too long and screw myself in the process
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
90 days iirc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess that I'll give it a bit more time then
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
As soon as someone wont corrct a mistake and wont give money back or whatever im calling CC omcpany or bank right then and there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As soon as someone wont corrct a mistake and wont give money back or whatever im calling CC omcpany or bank right then and there.

I am trying not to jump the gun, have been told that it will be made OK, but i am nervous
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#5]
5 days then.... Thats just me

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am trying not to jump the gun, have been told that it will be made OK, but i am nervous

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Do not wait to file a claim with your CC company - call and do it now. If you and the merchant were unable to work this out then move now. If you are simply waiting for a credit promised - no more than 10 days should be allowed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I made the purchase on the 29th of july.
found it was defedctive on the 30th.
was told that item would be replaced early this week.

not done yet
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Do not wait 90 days.  Dell talked us into waiting 60 days the last two times they screwed us over.  Dell's policy states that they don't do a credit for a return after 21 days.  We did a chargeback, but our bank denied it after talking to Dell about Dell's return policy.  Dell then charged our credit card again to ship the broken computers back to us.  We paid the bill since the bank we have the credit card with is a customer and losing them would cost us more than Dell screwed us out of.  The bank said we would have been ok if we had called them within the 21 days.  Let the CC company know even if you're not quite read to do a chargeback.z
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I think htat i will give them until Tuesday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top