BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2006 12:48:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Warsaw Ghetto Uprising liberal report

Very bitter humor huh?

Very bullshit humour… I don't see a single genuine quote on that page that can be attributed to anyone…

Oh, and don't forget snopes for what was really being reported that day…

www.snopes.com/politics/israel/warsaw.asp
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:42:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very bitter humor huh?

Very bullshit humour… I don't see a single genuine quote on that page that can be attributed to anyone…

Oh, and don'f forhet snopes for what was really being reported that day…

Hey, I think the paragraph on the same webpage claiming to be a dispatch from "Kevin Sites' grandfather" makes it pretty clear the webmasters know this is not for real.  Put your sarcasm detector on and lighten up.

I agree that the Snopes article is good for anyone trying to seriously present this as a real news article - but that it is also necessary only for those with a complete ignorance of European history.  

The news out of Israel and concerning Israel or anything remotely related to Israel seems to really get you keyed up.  I'm not going to attribute it to anything in particular or attempt to identify the emotion or the exact flavor of the response because I am not you.  But from spending too much time on this site myself I have noticed that you are overreacting to every tidbit like this.

I would suggest that you did as I did several weeks ago and step away from the internet for a little while.  I was getting pretty agitated for various reasons.  I don't think your response in this thread elicits that but the pattern I have been seeing does.  Just chill man.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very bitter humor huh?

Andy, you are missing any kind of genuine sense of humor.

I NEVER said that it was a genuine NYT edition of 1943.

I said, I tried, that this is how probably would FIGURE OUT a page of liberal press on a determinate subject.

Too bad I didn't found yet something about Pearl Harbour accusing USA to OVERREACT to the Japanese attack...

But I am faithful that sooner or later...
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:39:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very bitter humor huh?

Andy, you are missing any kind of genuine sense of humor.

The Warsaw Uprising is not something to joke about…

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

ANdy

I understand that you are UNABLE to understand the logic of my post.

It SHOWS a clear example of "twisted/inverted logic" so often showed by liberal biased media.

NOBODY is joking with the Warsaw Uprising NOR I did any joke on it, NOR the writer of the article, that wanted only to express something that is called "paradox".

I hope you, at least, are FAMILIAR with the word "paradox".

In a paradox there is a certain amount of humoristic sense to make it to work. And IN ANY WAY the humor did NOT address Warsaw Uprising, nor the Jews that were struggling for their survival but the LIBERAL MEDIA that used to twist truth and show terrorist scum and dictators as "freedom fighters" and democratic people and nations as "imperialist scum and a danger for the world".

I hope this time is clear, Andy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:39:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

NOBODY is joking with the Warsaw Uprising NOR I did any joke on it, NOR the writer of the article, that wanted only to express something that is called "paradox".

To use the Warsaw Uprising as an example of 'This is how the Liberals would report…………' Is taking the analogy too far, even the most leftist newspaper would not report it like that.

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

To use the Warsaw Uprising as an example of 'This is how the Liberals would report…………' Is taking the analogy too far, even the most leftist newspaper would not report it like that.

ANdy

Currently they are doing exactely the kind of job you're saying the cannot dare to do: they actually went TOO far.

Too bad you are not realizing it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#9]

How liberal would report TODAY the Warsaw Ghetto Uprisinig

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Very bitter humor huh?

VERY interesting and soooo...appropriate for the times.  Truly shows the bias in the assclown liberal media types.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Currently they are doing exactely the kind of job you're saying the cannot dare to do: they actually went TOO far.

No, you have taken you rabid hatred to a new low by bringing the Holocaust and the Nazis into this… it's sad to see such an obviously educated man as yourself stooping to such low levels of taste and decency…

ANdy

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
What i find stupidly funny is the English guy and the Italian are arguing.

No reason, it just struck me as funny.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#13]
So the liberal media would support the Gestapo?  Or the liberal media is anti-semetic.  I do not understand what the author of that page is trying to prove, that the liberal media supports a state power against a irregular force?  If that is true then they would have supported Israel over Hezbollah.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What i find stupidly funny is the English guy and the Italian are arguing.

No reason, it just struck me as funny.

Your not the only one!! Maybe if we are lucky it will break out into a soccer game!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

No, you have taken you rabid hatred to a new low by bringing the Holocaust and the Nazis into this… it's sad to see such an obviously educated man as yourself stooping to such low levels of taste and decency…

ANdy

I think Hizbollah, Iran & Syria brought the Nazism into this picture.  THEY are the one's intent on finishing the job Hitler started.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

ANdy

This is a personal attack, at it again. I will not argue with you. I tried with calm to explain my point, and you found nothing better than to insult again without proving your point.

I just sent a report to the ar15 mods. They will take care of you Andy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a personal attack, at it again. I will not argue with you. I tried with calm to explain my point, and you found nothing better than to insult again without proving your point.

No it's not a 'personal attack'… it's an opinion.

opinion

SYLLABICATION: o·pin·ion
PRONUNCIATION: -pnyn

NOUN: 1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition.  2000.

I await with baited breath the Mods taking care of me…

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:40:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it's not a 'personal attack'… it's an opinion.

opinion

SYLLABICATION: o·pin·ion
PRONUNCIATION: -pnyn

NOUN: 1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition.  2000.

I await with baited breath the Mods taking care of me…

ANdy

Good luck. I thought poopy was an opinion too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very bitter humor huh?

VERY interesting and soooo...appropriate for the times.  Truly shows the bias in the assclown liberal media types.

Thanks.

BTW I remember a similar exercise posted here in ar15.com, few days after Afghanistan war started, of how liberal media would report attack on Pearl Harbour, addressing (of course...) all the responsibility on USA.

Surfing on the Internet, of course, and having a little patience it is NOT difficult to find such masterpiece of twisted history painting the Japan as "the good guys forced by USA to play the bad guys".
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#20]
It’s very funny.

Do people not understand that the Nazis were fully justified in their actions during WWII? If you don’t believe it then take the next time machine back to WWII and ask them.

Everyone is always justified in everything they do. People can come up with moral justifications for anything. The Nazis were justified in the holocaust. Japanese aggression against the US, Western powers, and China were justified. The Communists, American slave-owners, European Imperialists, Jihadists, and the bully that kicked my ass every day as a freshman all could justify their actions by some twisted sense of morality.

And good people are supposed to be able to be capable of moral discernment and know when someone is really justified and when someone is full of shit. But moral discernment requires solid moral beliefs, it’s not something a real moral relativist is capable of. And we see it in the press today.

The press today treats everyone’s moral arguments as equal. This PARODY article points the press’s lack of moral discernment out quite clearly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Too bad I didn't found yet something about Pearl Harbour accusing USA to OVERREACT to the Japanese attack...

That's already been done dozens of times the past 30 or so years.  There have been quite a few articles in US papers blaming the US for Pearl Harbor.  Some of them have used phrases like "the US backed Japan in a corner" or "attacking was the only option the US gave Japan."  Even many textbooks here blame the US for the war in the Pacific.  Being in Italy you don't see on a day to day basis just how much the US media and US education system hates the US.z
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:21:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I disagree with him, but is it really necessary to bring the mods into this?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree with him, but is it really necessary to bring the mods into this?

If I have to answer him the same way, it would degenerate in a verbal fight and an endless chain of insults.

I want to avoid this, nor I want to be dragged into a verbal fight or again personal attacks.

I discussed via PM with mods since last time, and I agreed that when personal attacks would start again I would press the "report" button instead of answering to Andy insults.

I will stick to what I agreed with the mods: they will take care.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If I have to answer him the same way, it would degenerate in a verbal fight and an endless chain of insults.

I want to avoid this, nor I want to be dragged into a verbal fight or again personal attacks.

I discussed via PM with mods since last time, and I agreed that when personal attacks would start again I would press the "report" button instead of answering to Andy insults.

I will stick to what I agreed with the mods: they will take care.

Fair Enough........
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Guys: See the article as what it is intended for: To show the liberal media for what it is!

That looks to be a very humorous website, thanks for posting it. Come on, the "People's Rubik's Cube", and all the colors are the same for equality's sake? Kinda funny IMHO.

Check out Flat Fatima...

They're just pointing out hypocrasy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Vito113, I dont think you quite got it, the article was not a serious one, it was to point out how our media would have covered the uprising if it were today. It is in no way anti-semetic, but the opposite
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Vito113, I dont think you quite got it,

Yes I did…

the article was not a serious one,

Correct, but it deals with a sensitive subject in a flippant manner…

it was to point out how our media would have covered the uprising if it were today.

I do not accept that the 'media' would report the persecution of Jews during the Holocaust in anything like the ludicrous manner that spoof suggests…to suggest so is taking the anti media hate to a utterly ridiculous extreme…

It is in no way anti-semetic, but the opposite

It's in very poor taste and I find it offensive…

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

ANdy

Now that is funny... And way past ironic… me thinks hits to close.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Vito113, I dont think you quite got it, the article was not a serious one, it was to point out how our media would have covered the uprising if it were today. It is in no way anti-semetic, but the opposite

Oh he gets it... that is why he don't like it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very bitter humor huh?

Oh, and don't forget snopes for what was really being reported that day…

Sense of humor called, it wants you to join the rest of us.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's in very poor taste and I find it offensive…

ANdy

So noted--but it doesn't break any rule here.  If you find it distasteful then please find another thread more to your liking.  

As an aside, our media here has done exactly what is portrayed in this satire regarding Israel and its "overreaction" and "disproportionate response" to the unprovoked attack by Hezbollah terrorists in recent weeks.  It makes a valid point--albeit on a sensitive subject.  Again, it breaks no rules here.

So noted and I'm off, and so noted I did not breach any CoC either.

IM inbound.

ANdy
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I am Jewish and I thought it was hilarious and to the point. Not in bad taste at all, considering how anti-semitic the UN and many portions of the media are.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Someone calls it "opinion".

This I call "insults & personal attacks"

Vito wrote:

My hatred? Just plain and simple ridicolous statement and a pretext to make personal attacks with no reason.

Waiting for apologies...

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#36]
If you can't let it go then it gets locked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top