Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2004 1:46:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 4:02:54 PM EST by SF_Chris]
I saw it at Wal-Mart the other night, how is it? How are the AI, the graphics, the weapons realism, and the ballistics realism? I usually do quite a bit of research before I buy a game, so any comments on this one would be great.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:46:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 1:47:02 PM EST by SF_Chris]
Oh yeah, I forgot, is it fun?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:47:07 PM EST
Lots of posers love this game.

You should buy it.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:47:31 PM EST
Its great, I highly recommend it. Great in single player and multiplayer. If you have a good computer, it is really a bargain at $40.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:48:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

You should buy it.

Sgtar15

That mean you have it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:49:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By kabal57:

You should buy it.

Sgtar15

That mean you have it?

No
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:50:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 1:52:35 PM EST by yellow5]
It's good. The plot gets kind of cheesy towards the end, buts the maps and graphics are awesome.

The M4 is realistic, and the ballistics are until you have to fight the mutants. I know most of us don't have real world combat experience with mutants, but come on, from what I remember it took 4 or 5 rockets to kill the big ones.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:51:10 PM EST

You should buy it.

Sgtar15

That mean you have it?

No

He cant play computer games, he has serious business to attend to. Such as playing with dolls, I mean G.I.Joes!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:55:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 1:57:21 PM EST by Janus]
If you have the computer to run it, it is the the best FPS released this year, so far.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:56:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By yellow5:
It's good. The plot gets kind of cheesy towards the end, buts the maps and graphics are awesome.

The M4 is realistic, and the ballistics are until you have to fight the mutants. I know most of us don't have real world combat experience with mutants, but come on, from what I remember it took 4 or 5 rockets to kill the big ones.

Mutants? Oh well, thanks for answering without letting your emotions get the best of you. I may try it out, sounds like it could be fun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:56:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Janus:
If have the computer to run it, it is the the best FPS released this year, so far.

+1

That said, I get bored with FPS rather quickly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:00:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By Pete841:

You should buy it.

Sgtar15

That mean you have it?

No

He cant play computer games, he has serious business to attend to. Such as playing with dolls, I mean G.I.Joes!

Actually, my doll-playing-session lasts from 8am to 4pm, and then I have an hour to play video games before I continue to play with the dolls untill mommy says its time for bed. I do not eat...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:01:42 PM EST
My teenage son says its awesome and has a good story line.

Oh, yeah, leave the Sarge alone, he's legit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:03:37 PM EST
Download the free demo and try it before you buy it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:05:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mike_Mills:
Download the free demo and try it before you buy it.

Dang, good idea! I forgot about that option, I usually buy Xbox games. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:12:43 PM EST
Its fun. Its a tie between Call of Duty, and Far Cry for best FPS of the year in my book...or did COD come out last year?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:14:26 PM EST

You should buy it.

Sgtar15

I'm not quite sure if you are saying people who like Far Cry are posers (which would be a pretty silly assessment), or the thread starter is a poser, but Far Cry is a kick ass game. I liked it a lot more than DOOM 3 (which I feel I wasted my money on). I'm waiting for the fixed version of the 1.2 patch before I play it again though because I want the quick save feature. The graphics, atmosphere, gameplay, and sound are all superb and as good as it gets. I didn't care for the mutant parts, but thankfully they only make up about 1/4 or even less of the game.

I would definately recommend it if you are a fan of FPS games. Word of warning, it's natural to become addicted to the M4 despite "better" weapons becoming available.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:14:48 PM EST
All this time I thought it was one of those "B games".
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:16:11 PM EST
WOW, I love this game! I just got done with the demo, and I must say that this is one fun game. The AI was excellent in most cases - compared to most other games at least. I was walking through the jungle and spotted an enemy patrol - I went prone, set my M4 to semi auto, held my breath (on the game and in real life), and fired one round into the leaders' head. He went down - but instead of running hiding- his comrades strategically surrounded me, and the new leader started making calls to the effect of, "Right flank, advance!" I was very suprised, and retreated back into the jugle about 25 meters, I kneeled and took out two of them, and then waited behind some trees for the last guy.
It was pretty fun, I may have to buy this one, I know my kid will like it.

The weapons were nicely done - the M4 was fun to use - the sniper rifle was the real treat, but I could not find much ammo for it.

It is startin to storm here, so I had better shut my computer down. Good night all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:26:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 4:27:31 PM EST by MillerSHO]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:29:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:
I've been playing these damn FPS games since their birth and I this one gave me faith that you can STILL make a good FPS. This is the first game I've cared about in a while where I'll play the game on each difficulty all the way through.

I'm on realistic right now and I don't know how I'm going to make it.

BTW, I 've never played the demo, but from what I hear, the demo does the game no justice.

The demo is crap compared to the full game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:34:27 PM EST

Which website is the easiest to download this demo ?????

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:14:14 PM EST
Try www.3dgamers.com. They may have it and have easy to access downloads with fast connections.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:07:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:22:36 PM EST
I downloaded the demo, then went and purchased the game that day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:29:15 PM EST
I just got a little further, I found an MP5SD. What a joke! They have taken the term "silencer" to the extreme. The gun is TOTALY silent, is it like this on the full game or is this just a glitch?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:32:54 PM EST
It is a good game. Long game too! None of this 30 minutes of playing and then the credits roll.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:49:54 PM EST
Even when you charge the bolt, the gun is silent. I think it must be a glitch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:21:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 7:22:00 PM EST by Alien]

Originally Posted By SF_Chris:
I just got a little further, I found an MP5SD. What a joke! They have taken the term "silencer" to the extreme. The gun is TOTALY silent, is it like this on the full game or is this just a glitch?

It makes a clicking sound in the full game, as if the bolt is being worked.

Oh yeah, go buy it already!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:21:55 PM EST

I am still waiting for my email from the pit, Chris

SF_Chris claims he is retired SF, and braggs way to much to be what he claims and to say the least aroused a lot of curiosity. I and others offered him a way to prove his status, and to date no response.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=130&t=263968&page=11

And no, I won't go away. You made some pretty bold claims as to what you've done. I showed what my status was.... your up to bat.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:30:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:33:26 PM EST

Hah, I just realized he said posers not posters.

I didn't know you had to be in the military to like a video game.

Internet stalking, it's the latest craze.

Everybody's doing it, man.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:33:41 PM EST
I got it here, the Demo ran good but the Full version runs like shit on all the systems I have tried it on.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:48:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 8:05:16 PM EST by SF_Chris]

Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:

I am still waiting for my email from the pit, Chris

SF_Chris claims he is retired SF, and braggs way to much to be what he claims and to say the least aroused a lot of curiosity. I and others offered him a way to prove his status, and to date no response.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=130&t=263968&page=11

And no, I won't go away. You made some pretty bold claims as to what you've done. I showed what my status was.... your up to bat.

Other than one indirect statement, I have not in any way bragged AT ALL. Go back and read every thing I have ever posted. And I have sent IMs and emails to several people who approached me with respect, and several people whom I have respect for. So, you can wait all you want, you are not getting an email from me. I don't know what makes you think that you are entitled to information that I hold. You can be curious all you want, but insulting and harassing me is not the way to go about getting information. Also, I have not made any "bold" claims, no more bold than the guy who says he's in the 82ndAB or what have you. It is clear that an "attack" has been launched against me, it is also clear that this attack is not warranted by any evidence against me. That's right, you have ZERO evidence that I am not who I say I am, yet all of this... I can't figure out what is driving you guys. Jeleousy? Curiousity? Sheer boredome? I don't know, and like I have said before, I really don't care. So you can follow me, harrass me, and insult me all you want; it will get you no where. I suggest you get a life buddy.

You might also want to look at this... ar15.com/content/page.html?id=5 Look at #6 under General Guidelines. We are not in the Bear_Pit anymore.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:01:29 PM EST
One more thing - if you are going to post things like this, why don't you do it in the original little room you guys made for me. I mean, some people might want to read about Far Cry without having to sort through the unenjoyable crap you posted. I don't want this to turn into another anti-SF_Chris thread, I actually want to find out info on this game. I suggest you go back to the bear_pit and chat about me there. Maybe you could start an all-new anti-SF_Chris thread in general disscussion, that might give you something to do.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:10:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 8:17:17 PM EST by Garand_Shooter]
Had you responded to my simple request, made quite respectfully and leaving no doubt as to that I am who I say I am, I wouldn't have had to come here.

But you certainly dissapeared from that thread after I did. Heck it would have taken you less time to simply shoot me the email than it did for you to type your two responses, and I didn't ask for any more than the email from your AKO retired account.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:13:57 PM EST
Far Cry was worth the money.

And it is a fun online experience too.

MT
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:15:30 PM EST

Had you responded to my simple request, made quite respectfully and leaving no doubt as to that I am who I say I am, I wouldn't have had to come here.

But you certainly dissapeared from that thread after i did.

It is one thing to not have anything to do, but it is quite another to imply that you have to come here. As far as me responding to your request, you did not meet the criterea that I set - go back and read my posts. I left that thread because I no longer found it to be entertaining. You act as if I have some sort of obligation to stay.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:17:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By MT_Pockets:
Far Cry was worth the money.

And it is a fun online experience too.

MT

Can you do co-op in online play? How about team death match? Thanks for your input, I think I have heard enough good things to go and buy this game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:24:26 PM EST

It is one thing to not have anything to do, but it is quite another to imply that you have to come here. As far as me responding to your request, you did not meet the criterea that I set - go back and read my posts. I left that thread because I no longer found it to be entertaining. You act as if I have some sort of obligation to stay.

As a soldier, when someone makes claims to have served that seem fishy, I feel it is my obligation to see if they are real. Yes, I have looked into the claims of others here and other places in the past. Some were legit, a couple were not.

Surely if you truely served you would understand that. A common theme among those who I eventually have found to be fakes is they either make claims that "its all classified" or they claim "I don't have to prove anything to anybody I can claim whatever I want".

Its a bit of a hobby, not unlike the many other vets and servicemembers who like to bust fake vets and even the FBI agent who has sent dozens to jail. Some folks pass thier time by claiming to have done things they haven't, others find it amusing to show them for who they are.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:30:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 8:32:08 PM EST by SF_Chris]

As a soldier, when someone makes claims to have served that seem fishy, I feel it is my obligation to see if they are real. Yes, I have looked into the claims of others here and other places in the past. Some were legit, a couple were not.

Surely if you truely served you would understand that. A common theme among those who I eventually have found to be fakes is they either make claims that "its all classified" or they claim "I don't have to prove anything to anybody I can claim whatever I want".

Its a bit of a hobby, not unlike the many other vets and servicemembers who like to bust fake vets and even the FBI agent who has sent dozens to jail. Some folks pass thier time by claiming to have done things they haven't, others find it amusing to show them for who they are.

Well Mr., like I said, I responded to those that approached me with the conditions that I laid out. You did not follow the the guidelines, therefore, you will not get a response from me. Its that simple. I am not trying to be mean, I am just being consistent.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:51:34 PM EST

Well Mr., like I said, I responded to those that approached me with the conditions that I laid out. You did not follow the the guidelines, therefore, you will not get a response from me. Its that simple. I am not trying to be mean, I am just being consistent.

You are consistent, you've made claims then failed to back them up when asked, consistently.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:52:27 PM EST
I just beat the demo (I have been playing off and on), it was pretty awesome. What level of the game is the demo?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:57:42 PM EST

You are consistent, you've made claims then failed to back them up when asked, consistently.

I didn't not fail. Heck, I didn't even try to answer the questions that were asked outside of the rules that I set. I meant that I was being consistent with my guidelines, you know, the ones that you did not follow.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:02:14 PM EST

The Internet is full of liars and people who make false claims.

Some people may be lying to you and you don't even know it.

The sooner you realize this, the sooner you can start to get over it.

BTW, I am bulletproof and have x-ray vision.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:33:00 AM EST
Farcry is worth the price of admission.

I ditched the M4 as soon as a rifle with scope and grenade launcher became available...

The MP5 is really only useful for when you want to play the game on stealth mode... it lacks the punch of the other weapons.

You're limited in how many weapons you can carry as well.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:25:02 AM EST
It was OK. The graphics are pretty good, but NOT so good that they should make you computer run like ASS. Doom 3 looks just as good on my PC and runs better.

And I really didn't like the mutants in the game. Fighting the troops was more fun. I'm leaning more toward tactical shooters these days anyway. The fantasy stuff is getting old.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:31:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By topjimmy:

The Internet is full of liars and people who make false claims.

Some people may be lying to you and you don't even know it.

The sooner you realize this, the sooner you can start to get over it.

BTW, I am bulletproof and have x-ray vision.

I agree with you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:34:55 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:39:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By magnum_99:
It was OK. The graphics are pretty good, but NOT so good that they should make you computer run like ASS. Doom 3 looks just as good on my PC and runs better.

And I really didn't like the mutants in the game. Fighting the troops was more fun. I'm leaning more toward tactical shooters these days anyway. The fantasy stuff is getting old.

Yeah I don't like the idea of mutants either. I tend to like Clancy games - Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Splinter cell ect ect. But there is a place in my heart for unrealistic games. For instance, I like Star Wars games, and HALO. But I really don't care a sci-fi element in a tactical game that takes place in modern times. Oh well, I will still buy it. It was a lot of fun. Great stress relief these video games are...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:41:11 AM EST

I hate the whole monster thing also, but I thought Frycry did a good job of pulling it off.

Those Monkey Trigents are one of the coolest monsters I've seen on a video game.

I thought we were talking about zombies. Monkey Trigents?! Why didn't they leave these kinds of thing to the people who make the Resident Evil games?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top