Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 5:31:13 PM EDT
Freedom Ordnance recently released a lower cost belt fed 9mm upper and there is no buzz? What gives? Belt fed goodness for around the price of a Sig MPX doesn't get anyone else excited?

Short version

Long version (there's also an 11")

Sold at Centerfire Systems

Note: I have no affiliation with Freedom Ordnance, but they are a ARFCOM Industry Partner. I also don't have any affiliation with Centerfire Systems.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about glock safe action automatic pistols?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh, ammo waster. Fun for a hundred rounds or so then a dust collector for the rest of time. Wasn't even interested enough to watch more than a few seconds of  video

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, ammo waster. Fun for a hundred rounds or so then a dust collector for the rest of time. Wasn't even interested enough to watch more than a few seconds of  video

View Quote

You just described most guns, and quite possibly a good percentage of the opposite sex.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Proprietary links?

If it was $1300 for a shrike, I'd have a boner.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You just described most guns, and quite possibly a good percentage of the opposite sex.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really..........most of my guns have several thousand rounds through them and I still enjoy shooting them every weekend.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks gross. I would much rather have a mpx. At least I can throw it in my pack and go hiking. A belt fed serves very little purpose outside of the range while in a static position.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
That 1000 round full-auto burst is impressive reliability.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
This upper with a slidefire would be fun. I might FO.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit that was awesome.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This upper with a slidefire would be fun. I might FO.
View Quote

That was my initial thought, but you would need to spend some effort getting the timing right to avoid OOB.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have a 9mm carbine?  My MPX is my favorite gun right now.  Light and easy to shoot.  Anything FA is going to be an "ammo waster" to some degree, but damn it's a fun way to waste!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a thread, under AR15 new products.
I don't know how to hot link.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been contemplating one for my M-16.  The cost of the upper is just the beginning.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is a thread, under AR15 new products.
I don't know how to hot link.
View Quote

I'm subscribed to the one that is about the more expensive railed version. I did not see one for the budget model.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Does it require any mods to the lower?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#16]
looks kind cool
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Proprietary links?

If it was $1300 for a shrike, I'd have a boner.
View Quote

Looks like it.  

Kinda still want, though.  I'd definitely buy it if I had an M16.  Cheaper to burn through 9mm than 5.56.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you have a 9mm carbine?  My MPX is my favorite gun right now.  Light and easy to shoot.  Anything FA is going to be an "ammo waster" to some degree, but damn it's a fun way to waste!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I just have no interest in FA anymore, or a belt fed semiauto. .........or a pistol cal carbine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I see no point in a belt fed 9mm.  A belt fed 12 Ga however.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah I just have no interest in FA anymore, or a belt fed semiauto. .........or a pistol cal carbine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blasphemy!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#23]
9mm + belt fed = does not compute. I don't get it. Literally any rifle cartridge and you'd have my interest. Since it's so hard to make decent 7.62x39 mags for the AR and the rounds are cheaper than .223, that would make a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
9mm + belt fed = does not compute. I don't get it. Literally any rifle cartridge and you'd have my interest. Since it's so hard to make decent 7.62x39 mags for the AR and the rounds are cheaper than .223, that would make a lot of sense.
View Quote

9mm is cheap and fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top