Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2003 7:24:29 PM EDT
How long will they last? Are the lips reinforced with metal?
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
At the price I would think they should be impossible to damage.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I would hope. I am contemplating buying one. I dont want throw away mags though since they are so much more $$ and harder to get. Aug parts in general are a bitch. How long lasting are the AUGs parts in general?

Anyone know any good sites for them?

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
While hardly impossible to damage they are pretty durable. Keep in mind their price is due to rarity and not tensile strength.

Don't really have a great source for AUG stuff, it is hard to come by and expensive as a rule.

And the mags are not steel reinforced anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess my main concern is wearing out the feed lips. What other parts are high wear items?

I am trying to justify the cost of the gun in my mind.Bear in mind for me it will be shooter, not a collecting piece. It has pro's and con's with the AR overall.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I guess my main concern is wearing out the feed lips. What other parts are high wear items?

I am trying to justify the cost of the gun in my mind.Bear in mind for me it will be shooter, not a collecting piece. It has pro's and con's with the AR overall.

SorryOciffer
View Quote

I shoot the piss out of mine. The oldest AUG I have was aquired about 1988 and I haven't replaced any parts yet.

I've broken 1 mag when I took a slider with it. Cracked the mag body on a rock in the process. However to be fair the impact would have destroyed most mags out there including USGI mags.

I haven't had any feed lips crack yet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Just don't use Gunscrubber to clean out the mags- saw a guy turn one into mush at a match that way.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just don't use Gunscrubber to clean out the mags- saw a guy turn one into mush at a match that way.
View Quote

You shouldn't put Gunscribber on anything except the carborators and brakes it was intended to clean. I've seen that crap fuck up more guns and finishes than anything else.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:09:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like soap and water time!
SorryOCiffer
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:20:47 AM EDT
[#9]
freaking gun scrubber ate one of my steyr sbs mags.....

that was a waste of 50 bucks righ tthere [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top