Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:28:09 AM EDT
When I can stick to it, I usually lose a pound a day pretty easily.  The problem is sticking to it.  Breads are my weakness, hell in college I lived solely on pasta, bread, and mashed potatoes - and I am not exaggerating.

I am 5'11" and 270 lbs, so I need to drop some weight - about 50 pounds.  Treadmills make my feet hurt badly for some reason, so I need to walk for real.  I'm thinking of starting with a mile a night.  Will that benefit me at all, or do I need to do more?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I was losing 1-2 lbs a day with just the diet, but it all came back once I stopped.

Now I'm losing it again the old fashioned way - going to the gym.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Inital weight loss on atkins is primarily water.  My cousin stuck to a ketogenic diet and lost 95 lbs in 9 months.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Ketogenical diets are for patients with epilepsy and cerebral paulsey......
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ketogenical diets are for patients with epilepsy and cerebral paulsey......

What?  Wanna expound on that a bit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top