Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 2:09:37 PM EDT
I was traveling home from my girlfriend's house last Sunday (err.....Monday) at 12:35 at night. I was speeding, no excuses here, but on a road with a high speed limit (45 mph), no houses, little traffic, dry weather, etc. Everyone speeds on this road, and I mean EVERYONE, and there are never any speedtraps or police monitoring the speed.

Anyways, I didn't give the headlights approaching in the other lane a second thought until the red and blue lights flash on and he pulls a U turn right behind me. The cop pulls me over (unmarked car), and tells me he tagged me at 62 mph with radar.

I was always under the impression that radar devices didnt work if the Police car was travelling in the opposite direction (ie, other lane). Is this true?

Oh, and I also found out that anything over 60 mph in CT gets you an automatic court date - no ticket

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
it's my understanding that it doesn't make a difference which way he's travelling.  moving radar is moving radar...

no ticket?  i've never heard of that.  just do what i do and have a lawyer handle it...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Same-lane (same direction) radar is a lot less common, it's relatively high-tech. Opposite direction is the original.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
How does this work?  

You go to court

and pay the fine.

America at its finest.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Doppler effect, the closure rate, and a computer chip work against you.

You need one of these.

Will save your butt.

I know. My after-market cruise control wanders up and down.
It reminds me to check my speed.

HKO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top