Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2011 5:20:43 AM EDT
Seriously. I have a lot of respect for the Tea Party.  Is there an actual established organization with a list of members and dues or is it something where you just show up at events?   I'm curious who the heads of control are and who makes the big decisions such as candidate endorsement.  I really would like to know
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Show up at a Rally.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
No.

Honestly, if you think the "Tea Party" best represents your ideals, join the Libertarian Party.  Most Republicans are reluctantly dragged into paying lip service to "doing the right thing" because of "Tea Party" influence... but then they go ahead and OK more borrowing and spending and debt anyway.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Be a white, gun toting, racist....you're automatically in!

According to the dems...
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
According to the media, you need to start by oppressing black people and women.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:25:32 AM EDT
[#5]
It's just a loose association of people with similar ideas about how the government needs to change.  There's nothing to join.  The media doesn't seem to understand this at all. They keep expecting to find leaders and headquarters, but there are none.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#6]
You need to send me the initiation fee.

ETA IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Done and DONE!

What's the next step?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done and DONE!

What's the next step?

IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#9]
All you need to do is show up at the rallies and listen to the politicians plead for your support.

You don't really join anything.

Unfortunately the left wing media has blown so much smoke up America's ass that most people now think that the Tea Party is a political party that one must join.

It's not a political party, it's just a bunch of people wanting to do what's right.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Since it's not a formal organization, you just say "gee, I think I like what the Tea Party movement stands for" and BAM.  You're pretty much in.

That's kinda the definition of 'grassroots'.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:42:33 AM EDT
[#11]
No, and that is what drives libtards nuts. They keep trying to put a face with the TP but fail miserably. In fact the more general their accusations as to what a TPer is the more loony they seem to the average Independent voter. That is a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:43:22 AM EDT
[#12]
our county has monthly meetings
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Go to a rally and don't  forget to bring a large, wooden cross for the festivities later that night.

But really, just find out who is the leader of the local group. The Tea Party has lots of websites that will most likely have your local groups contact info.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No.

Honestly, if you think the "Tea Party" best represents your ideals, join the Libertarian Party.  Most Republicans are reluctantly dragged into paying lip service to "doing the right thing" because of "Tea Party" influence... but then they go ahead and OK more borrowing and spending and debt anyway.

I think this is an excellent example of how effective the Democratic Party propaganda machine is.

You have been deluded by the left wing media into believing the Tea Party is an actual political party, like the Libertarian Party, it is not that at all.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Send me $50 and I'll send you a welcome packet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#16]
It's like fight club... If you have to ask well.

I'm not part of the cool kids club so I got nothin.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:50:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Send me $50 and I'll send you a welcome packet.

Hey, this is my gig!  Find your own street corner or I'll send Tony and Vito down to pay you a visit!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Show up at a Rally.

THIS

Here's something to get you started

http://marylandpatriots.org/

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#19]
You need a feather and a tomahawk.  Warpaint helps too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:53:30 AM EDT
[#20]
if you're an angry white man, you're already in
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#21]
One Libs view on the Tea Party: "...your lack of Patriotism, your lack of religious backing, your lack or majority, your love of wealth and lack of consideration for the middle class (moral majority was the middle class) your lack of compromise, your lack of middle ground on economic issues all prove that you are right wing zealots controlled by money."

What an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#22]
As much as the liberal media would like you to think it's an organization, there's really nothing to join.  Your are either a Tea Partier or you are not.   Go to an actual Tea Party.  I've been to several and I have to say, it gives you hope when you see a bunch of like minded people of all creeds and colors gathering to support the ideas this country was founded on.  There's no rioting, no fighting, just a good family atmosphere.  It's a stark contrast to liberal get togethers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#23]
The group I am with will consider any person who joins the website a member. If you wish to be a voting member, which means you can vote on the officers of the group you must be a dues paying member. Dues start at $35 a year for a vote and if you pay more you can get a vote and some cool merchandise. Be alert for the astroturf groups - tea party express is one of them. Try to avoid national groups and go with a local group. It is best to find a small grass roots organization.

If there are multiple groups in your area find out when their meetings are and shop for one you like. Some are made up of hardcore social conservatives and some are more libertarian oriented.

If all else fails wait til a little before tax day and find a rally, someone at the rally will have a membership table.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Seriously. I have a lot of respect for the Tea Party.  Is there an actual established organization with a list of members and dues or is it something where you just show up at events?   I'm curious who the heads of control are and who makes the big decisions such as candidate endorsement.  I really would like to know

No membership required.  It is a grassroots organization that has different chapters all across the country with different leaders and agendas.  Most of the national tea party organizations are run by the Republican establishment.  It's best to get involved with the local groups that haven't been co-opted.

Here locally anyway, endorsements are made by vote of the membership.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"[Y]our lack of compromise, your lack of middle ground on economic issues...."

That's the one that always pushes my buttons.  As I wrote to my supposed TEA party rep (who signed on with Boehner) during this charade, "There is no moral obligation to compromise with someone whose goal is your destruction.  In fact, there is a moral and logical imperative to resist them to your last measure."  If someone ever spouts that "compromise" bullshit to my face, I'm going to pick up the nearest blunt instrument and explain that I want to strike them about the head thirty-four times.  What is their counter-offer?  It better not be "not hitting me at all" because that just makes them look like they aren't willing to compromise and meet in the middle ground.

To the OP, you've automatically joined when you call bullshit when you hear/read it and start telling people, "You have no right to better your life by worsening mine and my children's."  Welcome.  We can always use more members.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The group I am with does not endorse candidates and we do not allow politicians to speak at our rallies. Some groups differ on this policy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I signed up for news and info here:
TEA PARTY PATRIOTS
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:12:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"[Y]our lack of compromise, your lack of middle ground on economic issues...."

That's the one that always pushes my buttons.  As I wrote to my supposed TEA party rep (who signed on with Boehner) during this charade, "There is no moral obligation to compromise with someone whose goal is your destruction.  In fact, there is a moral and logical imperative to resist them to your last measure."  If someone ever spouts that "compromise" bullshit to my face, I'm going to pick up the nearest blunt instrument and explain that I want to strike them about the head thirty-four times.  What is their counter-offer?  It better not be "not hitting me at all" because that just makes them look like they aren't willing to compromise and meet in the middle ground.

To the OP, you've automatically joined when you call bullshit when you hear/read it and start telling people, "You have no right to better your life by worsening mine and my children's."  Welcome.  We can always use more members.

I love the reaction when I start talking about passing a law that strips them of their home and any future right to own one and press them that it's not acceptable to demand to retain that right unobstructed, only to negotiate how much I can strip from them.  The huffing and blathering is comical.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#29]
<knock off the trolling>
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
<knock off the trolling>

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Nothing to join.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
<knock off the trolling>

..., 10% of our members are Black Americans and our last keynote speaker was C.L. Bryant.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
<knock off the trolling>

GTF out'a here.

Fucking trolls

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It's just a loose association of people with similar ideas about how the government needs to change.  There's nothing to join.  The media doesn't seem to understand this at all. They keep expecting to find leaders and headquarters, but there are none.

That.  There is no Tea Party.  There is a popular grassroots movement of diverse people, affiliating with several established political parties, who share some common values, significantly including ideals of personal liberty and the diminution of bloated, wasteful, overbearing government.  The rallies and other events at which these people gather, to mutually affirm their loose unity in these goals, are called "Tea Parties,"  signifying them as a symbolic perpetuation of the famous "Boston Tea Party."  A "Tea Party" political representative or candidate is a member of an established political party, usually Republican or Libertarian, who has openly embraced and espoused the values currently embraced by people identifying with the "Tea Party" grassroots movement.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I just decided one day that I am a Tea Party.  I've been a Tea Party for a couple years now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Just put one of these on your flag pole, car, house, t shirt...
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#38]
check on Facebook, you can probably find 1 or 2 tea party groups in your area.  You can check with your county voting office if they have "tea party" as a voter choice and register as that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:47:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
<knock off the trolling>

No, that is a Democrat party poster, check your history, The Dems started the KKK.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Preheated Junk from NY - must be Anthony Weiner

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#41]
<knock off the trolling>
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#42]
How is that NOT trolling?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#43]
<please don't feed the trolls - that is exactly what they want>
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#44]
<knock off the trolling>
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
<please don't feed the trolls - that is exactly what they want>

I actually liked thia cartoon bc it shows exactly how the deems are trying to potray anyone for smaller government & a responsible moony plan....

Don't have to join a tea party to believe tjat
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

This. It's organizing genus because you can't destroy something that doesn't have a structure.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
As much as the liberal media would like you to think it's an organization, there's really nothing to join.  Your are either a Tea Partier or you are not.   Go to an actual Tea Party.  I've been to several and I have to say, it gives you hope when you see a bunch of like minded people of all creeds and colors gathering to support the ideas this country was founded on.  There's no rioting, no fighting, just a good family atmosphere.  It's a stark contrast to liberal get togethers.

Indeed you are correct. See the number of arrests at liberal gathering vs. Tea Party rallies. I often see the libs at Huffington Post saying they should start their own version of the Tea Party, but it is not possible because they do not know how to behave.

Our local LEOs love us because whenever we have a rally we leave the place cleaner then when we got there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#48]
It's not really an official organized "party" per se...it's more of a leaderless movement of like-minded individuals.

One of the biggest things that scare the beejeebus out of liberals, besides the fact that Tea Party-endorsed candidates are cleaning their clocks in most elections, is that there really isn't one, central person on the national level that's the designated leader. This deprives the liberals of one of their favorite tactics which is targeting the leader of an opposing group for personal attacks...kind of hard to individually attack millions of people.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. It's organizing genus because you can't destroy something that doesn't have a structure.

Kind of like the Borg...
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#50]
The tea party is a joke

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top