Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/13/2006 10:33:52 AM EDT
My interest is piqued.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:34:44 AM EDT
pay $100, go to the SHOT show, go through a class, walk out with a nice handy dandy certified glock armorer certificate
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:37:20 AM EDT
Buy a DPMS wrench and Gunsmith patch from Brownells
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:42:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
pay $100, go to the SHOT show, go through a class, walk out with a nice handy dandy certified glock armorer certificate

Does it hve to be at the SHOT show, or do they offer regional classes?

Wonder if the local community college would offer it as a course- KB-101- How to maintain and care for you glock.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:52:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 10:54:00 AM EDT by Dragracer_Art]
I spent a day in a classroom... Two Glock reps taught the class, and tested us at the end. It was nearly impossible to fail the class... The reps were very helpful and friendly.
I got a "Certified Glock Armorer Certificate", a key chain, a pen, and a push-pin tool.
The certificate enables you to buy (parts) directly from Glock, and expires after 3 years.

They don't offer classes for civilians. Only LE and gunshops with range rental guns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:02:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dragracer_Art:
I spent a day in a classroom... Two Glock reps taught the class, and tested us at the end. It was nearly impossible to fail the class... The reps were very helpful and friendly.
I got a "Certified Glock Armorer Certificate", a key chain, a pen, and a push-pin tool.
The certificate enables you to buy (parts) directly from Glock, and expires after 3 years.

They don't offer classes for civilians. Only LE and gunshops with range rental guns.

That's stupid. LE and Ranges aren't the only ones who own Glocks...

Maybe I can form my own 'range' or PD...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:22:10 PM EDT
FWIW... You don't need an armorer certificate to field strip a Glock.

Even to completely disassemble one is only 30,31,32 something total parts... All you need is a small drift punch to completely strip one down.

I entered the course feeling somewhat intimidated by the gun, since I never fully stripped one. After the day was over, I couldn't believe how simple they were.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:27:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 1:37:12 PM EDT by Bubbatheredneck]

Originally Posted By fadedsun:
KB-101- How to maintain and care for you glock.

I just wanted you to know.

I got it and wanted to acknowedge it.

Clever.

ETA
Glock Armorer. Marketing hype. Sounds cool.

Hey, for a hundred bucks, I'll teach you how to apply to the NASA Space Shuttle Door Gunner "Q" Course.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:29:11 PM EDT
There is an old copy of the Glock armorer's manual (circa mid-80's) floating around on the internet as a PDF. Google it.

Glocks are very simple to detail strip and reassemble. I've done it to mine several times for a complete cleaning and it takes a minute or two.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:31:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:32:29 PM EDT

funny, seems pretty easy to get in on it as a non LEO or range employee to me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:34:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:

Does it hve to be at the SHOT show, or do they offer regional classes?

Wonder if the local community college would offer it as a course- KB-101- How to maintain and care for you glock.

Hehe
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:50:40 PM EDT

When I took the course any FFL that sold a certain amount of Glocks also qualified.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:54:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 2:00:44 PM EDT by 199]
Certified by who – the manufacturer or by a couple of guys who maybe went through the manufacturer’s training themselves?

In my view, it doesn’t mean much legally if it’s not the manufacturer. Still, if you’re just looking for the knowledge that isn’t an issue.

Most manufacturers limit their armorer’s classes to LEOs and such - in large part I suspect since they aren’t in the business of training people and since they often underwrite their armorer’s courses (H&K being a notable exception! ).

Note that SIG will let just about anybody take their armorer’s course. That’s the only one I know of.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:55:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wdsman:

When I took the course any FFL that sold a certain amount of Glocks also qualified.

Anyone who talks to the right people in the right way can take the course.

There are plenty of independent 'Glock Reps' that don't follow the factory 'FFL and LE/Mil only' policy, and will allow just about anyone into the course.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 2:06:50 PM EDT by MOS2111]
Enlist while in college, go to boot, then go to Armorers school in Aberdeen MD.
Spend next several years bent over a barrel...

Its all fun and games untill you get enough rank to "check the paperwork"

CO has a great College for gunsmithing and, get this "shoeing"
or were we just talking about glocks?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:10:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MOS2111:
Enlist while in college, go to boot, then go to Armorers school in Aberdeen MD.
Spend next several years bent over a barrel...

Its all fun and games untill you get enough rank to "check the paperwork"

CO has a great College for gunsmithing and, get this "shoeing"
or were we just talking about glocks?

Really, I'm just looking to get certified on Glocks, ARs, Sigs, and AKs. Why? Just for the fun of it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:20:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mattimeo:

There are plenty of independent 'Glock Reps' that don't follow the factory 'FFL and LE/Mil only' policy, and will allow just about anyone into the course.

What happens outside of Glock headquarters is none of my business, nor am I aware of it. I'm just going by what I was told on the phone by a gal at Glock when I called to schedule a seat in the course. It's entirely possible that I misunderstood what I was told, but I can assure you, nobody in my class was anything but LE. I was the only non LE person taking the course.
When I called to get scheduled, I was asked a series of questions regarding the disposition of Glocks in the business IE: Rentals/sales... How many were on display, how many were rental units, etc... Maybe things have loosened up lately at Glock, but when I enrolled 4 years ago, it nearly took an act of God if you weren't with a Police Dept.

Go ahead and give them a call... Maybe they have changed the policies...

GLOCK Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
770-432-1202

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:21:10 PM EDT
With an AR and AK, you really only need the tools and the TM's. Sig has a manual you can buy. You dont need a magic wand to become an armorer (unless you mean officailly).
I plan on going to the school in CO over the summers to become a gunsmith.
If you can get into a glock course let us know how, I always wanted to go.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:57:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MOS2111:
With an AR and AK, you really only need the tools and the TM's. Sig has a manual you can buy. You dont need a magic wand to become an armorer (unless you mean officailly).
I plan on going to the school in CO over the summers to become a gunsmith.
If you can get into a glock course let us know how, I always wanted to go.

Sort of looking for officially....

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:56:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:02:00 PM EDT
Blackwater runs Bushmaster armorer courses througout the US and at Moyock. 2 fun-filled ays with flying parts and lots of cussing. I was fortunate enough to attend Glock armorer school for free through the NRA's LE training program. Speaking of which, my cert lapses this year
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:03:48 PM EDT
Take a class.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:08:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mattimeo:

What happens outside of Glock headquarters is none of my business, nor am I aware of it. I'm just going by what I was told on the phone by a gal at Glock when I called to schedule a seat in the course. It's entirely possible that I misunderstood what I was told, but I can assure you, nobody in my class was anything but LE. I was the only non LE person taking the course.
When I called to get scheduled, I was asked a series of questions regarding the disposition of Glocks in the business IE: Rentals/sales... How many were on display, how many were rental units, etc... Maybe things have loosened up lately at Glock, but when I enrolled 4 years ago, it nearly took an act of God if you weren't with a Police Dept.

Go ahead and give them a call... Maybe they have changed the policies...

GLOCK Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
770-432-1202

Just my $.02

And I would agree. At my last job, I had to do the same nonsense, and we were a stocking dealer.

On the other hand, when it came time to re-cert, I just started looking for names of the actual folks that sponsor/conduct the regional classes.

Many of them don't seem to give a damn. You go, you pay attention, you pass (ha) the test, they cert you and send your name in. All for $100.00, and no need to deal with the 'YOU MUST BE AN LEO OR FFL' nonsense.

Either way will get you certified just as well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:11:47 PM EDT
Take a course I think.

Where? I don't know.

I know of one member that is a certified AR15/M16 armorer in Indiana.
Top Top