Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 1:43:31 PM EDT
I haven't been able to find a whole lot of information about him other then a few things here and there.
What are his main views?
What are his chances?
What do you think about him?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:46:48 PM EDT
RINO
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:54:11 PM EDT
Makes my skin crawl.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:55:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SuperJanitor:
RINO
[/thread]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:56:05 PM EDT
Fuck that guy, rather have Obama
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:04:48 PM EDT
Looks like a squirrel to me.

On the other hand I did like his statements about the EPA "the EPA’s regulatory reign of terror” and how it is hampering manufacturing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:08:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2011 6:24:14 PM EDT by shade_1313]
Mitt Romney's third cousin, once removed, and just as much of a RINO.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:30:09 PM EDT
RINO

This, plus being unknown to most of America. I follow politics, and I had literally never heard of him before he announced his candidacy.

Also, wasn't he Obama's ambassador to China? Not good.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:33:15 PM EDT
more of the same.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:33:38 PM EDT
Here's what I feel.

What I think is that he's a RINO.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:38:26 PM EDT
Oh is he still in the race?!?!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:40:29 PM EDT
I'm from Utah and I'd never vote for him. First off, he left Utah to work for Obama. RINO
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:07:04 PM EDT
No one need worry. He's there as filler to provide the illusion of choice.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:32:24 PM EDT
I absolutely refuse to vote for him or Romney. Cain, Bachmann or Paul for me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:38:56 PM EDT
Has shitty shoes. Is unelectable and over you huntsmanbots in every thread
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:39:17 PM EDT
RINO
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:41:22 PM EDT
The only redeeming thing I can think of is that his name in this post got us talking about someone other than that dingbat Ron Paul.....OOPS. DAMNIT!!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:47:39 PM EDT
Has no chance and gives me the creeps to boot
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:50:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:58:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1387Delta:
I'm from Utah and I'd never vote for him. First off, he left Utah to work for Obama. RINO

I think that much of his criticism has validity.

But not this one.

He "...left Utah..." to assume the ambasadorship of China.

The ambassadorship to China is the top ambassadorship right now. It is probably *the* most important foreign post.

Yeah, Huntsman might have his legitimate faults. But taking the most premier foreign post available... Isn't one of them
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:13:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By juni4ling:

But not this one.

The ambassadorship to China is the top ambassadorship right now. It is probably *the* most important foreign post.

Yeah, Huntsman might have his legitimate faults. But taking the most premier foreign post available... Isn't one of them

I disagree, no one takes a position like that voluntarily unless they support the administration and their goals.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:36:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 3rdpig:
Originally Posted By juni4ling:

But not this one.

I disagree, no one takes a position like that voluntarily unless they support the administration and their goals.

Yeah, we may have to agree to disagree...

That is one really, really *big* gig... One that weilds a tremendous amount of influence in the world...

And there was published speculation that Obama was getting rid of what he percieved as a political threat, while endearing the Republican West by appointing a member of the LDS Church to a very-prominent post in his administration...

He was certainly seen as safe enough by the Obama administration to appoint him... And that would have *never* happened to anyone other than a "moderate" Republican...

Meh... That was a powerful, powerful position for him to be offered... It was probably seen as politically expedient for *both* Obama -and- Huntsman...

I still think he made the right choice in accepting one of the most powerful political appointments available. Nothing really compares to that on the national stage. Nothing.

He may or may not (probably not) win the presidency. The governorship to Utah, (a small, Republican-dominated state) gave him some opportunity for "leadership." But the China thing... That was an entire different level...

I think Huntsman would have been stupid to turn it down...

But that is just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth. Huntsman is about as exciting as a Ritz cracker. And has about just as much to offer...

I don't support his candidacy by any means... Well, I would rather have him over Obama, I guess, but that is about it... I just think that becoming the most powerful ambassador in the world was a correct choice on Huntsmans part...
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:44:37 PM EDT
I wouldn't vote for him if I was on fire and he was holding a hose.

Maybe he'll split the rino vote.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:57:23 PM EDT
Leftist.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:05:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By possumlivingdotcom:
Leftist.

That's how I see it. That or someone who puts his political career above everything else. And God knows we've got enough of them running already.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:49:19 PM EDT
How does one even come to the point that they even consider him enough to question him?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:52:04 PM EDT
Seeing how he just popped out of the crowd after being praised by CNN tells me he's not worth voting for.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:11:57 PM EDT
He is in the wrong party.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:13:15 PM EDT

RINO

Top Top