Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2006 11:56:06 PM EDT
How do you toilet train a cat to piss and crap in the bowl?  Do they have to start as a kitten?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
haven't you seen Meet the Parents and the sequal Meet the Fockers?

You see the training to potty part is said to be easy, but the cat can't flush so you have to install a button that will electroniclly flush the toilet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#2]
well, do you have to litter train first then toilet train?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#3]
i think you gotta start them when they are still kittens.  i asked this about a year ago here when i first got a cat but never got around to actually training her.  supposedly you have to put the litter box on the toilet seat.  as they are naturally gonna go in the kitty litter, they get used to it being on top the toilet.  then one day a few months later, get rid of the litter box and supposedly they still go but into the toilet since the box isn't there anymore.  

as for flushing....
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Cat have stones too?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Cat have stones too?

They must do.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:15:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
haven't you seen Meet the Parents and the sequal Meet the Fockers?

You see the training to potty part is said to be easy, but the cat can't flush so you have to install a button that will electroniclly flush the toilet.

One deal I saw had a thing you stuck to the handle, a toy or something, and they did learn to flush. If the handle wasn't too difficult for them to pull. The video (I saw on TV) showed the cat going, and then pawing at a cord or something tied to the handle, and then watching as the water swirled in the bowl......
~
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]
You get a litter box that goes over the bowl. The cat uses that and after a while you take the litter box off the bowl and they still crap in it. Flushing beats the hell out of me but we did this with my mothers and you just walk over and flush.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You get a litter box that goes over the bowl. The cat uses that and after a while you take the litter box off the bowl and they still crap in it.

You serious?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
www.citikitty.com/

I ordered one for my 2 cats, their old litterbox was in a spare bathroom.  The younger cat picked it up no problem, the older one didn't like it and took to using the toilet rug.  So now I still have a normal litterbox, one cat that uses only it and one cat that will use either the litterbox or the toilet, depending if the toilet lid is up or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top