Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2002 11:37:21 AM EDT
Is it "Foul-A-Rack" like I've been saying it in my head or is it F-A-L-A-R-A-K?

I'd hate to meet the guy and not be able to pronounce his name.....[:)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish all members would make their nicks pronouncable.  

I think its "fall-a-rack"...then again, who knows?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Like the Christmas song:  Fa La La La La, LaLaLaLa. only with an Ar and and Ak?  
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
FAL, AR, AK -me too!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Hay I had that same question last night before going to sleep.

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell, it gets worse. I always pronounced Ponyboy as "Po' NY Boy." Imagine my pain and confusion when I noticed he is from Texas....

Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Straight from the source:

Quoted:
Ok ok... to clear my name... (literally!)

It is (of course) based on three weapons, FAL-AR-AK.

However, I am no purist, and have no problem calling an F.A.L. a "fal" (pronounced like "foul")

Hence, it is just easier to call me FALARAK, pronounced "foulla-rak"

It is still based on the three weapons... people get so uptight over pronunciations....

Besides... I didn't know how to begin to say "GLOCK171934FALBERETTABROWNINGAKAR110092FSSAR1MAK90RUGER10/22SKS"

Do you?

View Quote

I'm glad I've got that straight now. There's still a few others though...
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]
You Texans must pronounce "foul" waaaay differently than us up here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]
[quote[Foul-A-Rack[/quote]

More like Foul-Air-Ack.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Fall-a-rack is the way I pronounce it!

But is he coming to the Mesquite Big Town Gun Show, is all I want to know!

Eric The(Plans?WeDon'tNeedNoSteenkingPlans!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Since I have met the guy, I already know the answer...

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fall-a-rack is the way I pronounce it!

But is he coming to the Mesquite Big Town Gun Show, is all I want to know!

Eric The(Plans?WeDon'tNeedNoSteenkingPlans!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

My new question is, are you setting up at the show and will you be there Sunday? That is the only day I'll be able to make it and I'll try and come down if the situation permits. I'm just comming to hang out though, since buying this house is making me broke, so no toys this trip.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

TheRedGoat
View Quote

See that is what I thought you said in the other thread. I got really confused because I had been using the right pronounciation, but then I thought that maybe it was F-A-L-A-R-A-K. After your last post there I got really confused and decided to make this thread instead of continuing hi-jacking the other one.

I'm just glad I've got it all straight now....I think [:)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TheRedGoat
View Quote

See that is what I thought you said in the other thread. I got really confused because I had been using the right pronounciation, but then I thought that maybe it was F-A-L-A-R-A-K. After your last post there I got really confused and decided to make this thread instead of continuing hi-jacking the other one.

View Quote

No problem Pawn-Ee-Beau-Why!

How about we make plans for drinks like the last Mesquite Show?  Margaritas at On-The-Border, maybe?

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, Ponyboy, I will be there Sunday!

Look for me at Brother Nick's table, you know, the long blond-haired ponytail guy, with all the good-looking chicks hanging on him.

I keep waiting to 'pick up the trash', so to speak, but maybe you'll be luckier than I've been so far!

His table is in the main room, near the North wall, third row from the back (East) wall. It's an end cap, with about sixteen tables.

You can't miss it!

Whoa! [b]TheRedGoat[/b] speaketh truth and wisdom!

I say we traipse on over to On The Border, just for...we got plans for May to discuss!

Not late May, early May, say May 2-3-4!

Details to follow!

Eric The(YeeeHaaaaww)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TheRedGoat
View Quote

View Quote

How about we make plans for drinks like the last Mesquite Show?  Margaritas at On-The-Border, maybe?

TheRedGoat
View Quote

As long as you make it on Sunday. I'm tired of getting left out by the Saturday only crowd [:)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TheRedGoat
View Quote

View Quote

TheRedGoat
View Quote

As long as you make it on Sunday. I'm tired of getting left out by the Saturday only crowd [:)]
View Quote

Sunday sounds fine by me.  Plans are open at the moment.  Maybe we can get some of the Sunday-Only crowd like Mojo and yourself around the table this time.

Will start the emails, threads etc to set this up.

TheRedGoat

And I am telling you ALL right now, I am NOT sitting by ETH this time.  I swear he drank half my Margarita, stole my chips, emptied the salsa bowl, and fondled my kneecaps one too many times!

Someone else gets to babysit him this time!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Post from TheRedGoat -
And I am telling you ALL right now, I am NOT sitting by ETH this time. I swear he drank half my Margarita, stole my chips, emptied the salsa bowl, and fondled my kneecaps one too many times!
View Quote

Hey, fer crying out loud, I'm a Hun! A friggin Hun!

What did you expect from a Hun?

It's just that the chip basket looked like Central Europe to me, and so I got kinda excited and attacked!

'Pillaged' might be the better word for it!

Luckily, I got control of myself before anyone was ravished!

Sorry about your knees.

Eric The(IfThatSaucyWenchHadJustComeBackWithSomeMoreSalsa,NoneOfThisWouldHaveHappened)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, I've just been informed that the show is not this Sunday but the next. That makes it March 17 (St. Patricks Day) and I have a wedding to go to and it is also my sons birthday. So it looks like I'm gonna get left out of all of the fun yet again. [:(]

Maybe next year I'll get to go somewhere with you guys. Either that or some of yall are going to start thinking that I'm some imaginary figure since my schedule [b]ALWAYS[/b] seems to clash with everybody elses plans.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Post from DoubleFeed -
Maybe I could get into some of this Texas Action, sometime.
View Quote

Anytime, my friend, just pay attention to these Texas threads.

Eric The(HowdyYa'll)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I work all weekend, and will for about the next 3 months more. Anything from about Monday Afternoon to Thursday or so?
View Quote

Now you're talkin my schedule. I work Thur, Fri, Sat and every other Wed. I've got class Monday morning and Tuesday night, but other than that I don't have anything to do! I'm usually a "virtual vegetable" sitting right here on ar15.com cause everybody else is at work!

About the only reason I can't do something on Sunday is because I'm working overtime. I can't help it that I'm so damn good at my job that they want me to work all of the time!
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Next Mesquite show is 16th and 17th.  I am open....  

Sat. is St. Patty's day parade on Greenville, so I am out, but Sunday at the show sounds GREAT!  I missed the last one.  On the boarder or the like also sounds great!

I have a Glock I need TR Graham to do a "professional" trigger job on (I dont dare try those after watching his skills) so I really need to go anyway.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#27]
If you can't pronounce it now, have one more taper then off.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top