Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2012 5:40:41 PM EDT
Seems like a summer question right?

Well NOW in south Florida can one ride without losing 10 lbs of water weight in an hour.

Haven't ridden in a while and I'm going to go ahead and rent a bike and take a long day ride to Key West and back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
G19 strong side IWB with my jacket over it.

ETA - keep in mind that the tourists are back and they love to turn left in front of motorcycles. Have a great ride.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
OWB right side under shirt and leather jacket. In the summer I have a vest with hidden/inside pockets.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I clamp a mini-gun onto the handlebars like in the movie MACHETE.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Safepacker strongside on my belt.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#6]
OWB or IWB on right side, under the jacket. If I am wearing my chaps that day, the waist belt of the chaps also goes over the holster.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
LCP in a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Tank bag, that way if I come off of the beast I won't crush my ribs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Iwb with a Sparks VM2 generally.

Long, long rides?  Shoulder rig under my coat.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The Safepacker is well padded (plus where mine sits it lays against the armor in my pants).  If you haven't checked them out you might want to take a look.  Really secure, well padded, protects the firearm from dirt/dust and it's good for hiking and stuff too.  Looks pretty innocent like some hiking gear pouch.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Are any of you riding with full sized pistols?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

The Safepacker is well padded (plus where mine sits it lays against the armor in my pants).  If you haven't checked them out you might want to take a look.  Really secure, well padded, protects the firearm from dirt/dust and it's good for hiking and stuff too.  Looks pretty innocent like some hiking gear pouch.

Oh really? cool, I've often wondered why there wasn't a good solution for this.  I'll check it out. Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Everytime

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#16]
J-frame in my pocket.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

In my vest I will usually carry a 1911.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In my vest I will usually carry a 1911.

Motorcycle is my only means of transportation and I really like the CZ 75B, but I'm not sure how carrying that would work out, especially in Phoenix summers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Full size strong side open carry for me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Mares leg in a scabbard on the left side
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#21]
G23 in a wilderness zip slide holster on right side, under the jacket
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I was thinking my 642 in pocket and I see that there are some who pocket carry.

No problems with it working its way out .... ever?

I was also thinking perhaps my Hi Power instead though I only have an OWB at this time (and no OC in FL)
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#23]

When I was younger, 1911 IWB in front, sportbike.....it pinched but I did not want it easily seen.  Nowadays I would rig it to my tank.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was also thinking perhaps my Hi Power instead though I only have an OWB at this time (and no OC in FL)

Never had an issue in 4 years of riding wiht a P3AT in my pocket. Lately I have not been putting it on while riding though.

edit: I ride a cruiser.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#25]

How do you ride like that? Isn't that on your foot peg and covering your brake?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Not trying to sound like a dick here as I support everybodys right to carry and should have something in close proximity.  But I live in Key Largo, unless im going to miami it stays in the house, a saddle bag or a backpack that has a hidden easily accesible pistol compartment.  This is probably one of the few places in the country where there is so much law enforcement running around all looking for ways to fuck with peoples lives that whenever a call is made, there is manytimes police presence in less then a minute.  Its not uncommon to see 3 or 4 cop cars assisting for a speeding ticket.  And with this place being the most liberal part of Florida, you can bet your ass if you shirt rides up and somebody sees that, somebodys gonna call it in .  If I couldnt get it in my pocket or in a shoulde holster and be forced to leave my jacket on, I wouldnt carry it.  Infact I have a full size 1911 and it never stays on my person when Im on the bike.  I wouldnt mind getting a compact glock though.  But being hunched over on a cruiser bike and the possibility of my shirt going up or printing, its not a risk Im willing to take with it being stuck in my waisrband.  I ride everyday on my Harley, definetly wouldnt waste the time to try conceal in the waistband.  Best of luck with whatever you decide and no disrespect intended if it sounded like Im telling you not to carry down here, because Im 100% not.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not trying to sound like a dick here as I support everybodys right to carry and should have something in close proximity.  

But I live in Key Largo, unless im going to miami it stays in the house, a saddle bag or a backpack that has a hidden easily accesible pistol compartment.  
This is probably one of the few places in the country where there is so much law enforcement running around all looking for ways to fuck with peoples lives that whenever a call is made, there is manytimes police presence in less then a minute.  

Its not uncommon to see 3 or 4 cop cars assisting for a speeding ticket.  
And with this place being the most liberal part of Florida, you can bet your ass if you shirt rides up and somebody sees that, somebodys gonna call it in .

If I couldnt get it in my pocket or in a shoulde holster and be forced to leave my jacket on, I wouldnt carry it.  
Infact I have a full size 1911 and it never stays on my person when Im on the bike.  

I wouldnt mind getting a compact glock though.  
But being hunched over on a cruiser bike and the possibility of my shirt going up or printing, its not a risk Im willing to take with it being stuck in my waisrband.  

I ride everyday on my Harley, definetly wouldnt waste the time to try conceal in the waistband.  Best of luck with whatever you decide and no disrespect intended if it sounded like Im telling you not to carry down here, because Im 100% not.

Fixed it for you so people will actually read it....
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Oh I read it... If he's "wasting his time" trying to conceal a handgun on him he is doing it way way wrong.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Kimber Ultra Covert II In shoulder holster under Lil' Joe's leather vest.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Oh I read it... If he's "wasting his time" trying to conceal a handgun on him he is doing it way way wrong.

Agree!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I carry my 642 in my inside vest pocket.  Easy to get to and comfortable.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not trying to sound like a dick here as I support everybodys right to carry and should have something in close proximity.  

But I live in Key Largo, unless im going to miami it stays in the house, a saddle bag or a backpack that has a hidden easily accesible pistol compartment.  
This is probably one of the few places in the country where there is so much law enforcement running around all looking for ways to fuck with peoples lives that whenever a call is made, there is manytimes police presence in less then a minute.  

Its not uncommon to see 3 or 4 cop cars assisting for a speeding ticket.  
And with this place being the most liberal part of Florida, you can bet your ass if you shirt rides up and somebody sees that, somebodys gonna call it in .

If I couldnt get it in my pocket or in a shoulde holster and be forced to leave my jacket on, I wouldnt carry it.  
Infact I have a full size 1911 and it never stays on my person when Im on the bike.  

I wouldnt mind getting a compact glock though.  
But being hunched over on a cruiser bike and the possibility of my shirt going up or printing, its not a risk Im willing to take with it being stuck in my waisrband.  

I ride everyday on my Harley, definetly wouldnt waste the time to try conceal in the waistband.  Best of luck with whatever you decide and no disrespect intended if it sounded like Im telling you not to carry down here, because Im 100% not.

Im on my cell but thank you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#34]
G29 on right hip in a Don Hume under the jacket or in a crossdraw holster under jacket, sometimes with a 1911 instead in crossdraw.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He made the effort to post so I had actually read it before
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Full size 1911 in shoulder holster. I use to keep a Charter Arms snubnose in my tank bag until I realized if I needed it in a hurry I was screwed. It always ended up underneath all the other stuff in there. There's probably a better tank bag for  that out there than the one I use though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#37]
versipack
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Tell you what, stop by MM 103 or so and I will buy you a beer and you can show me how you carry your fullsize in your waistband.

Im 6'3" 205lbs and unless its tucked in my front waistband mexican style, its jabbing me, riding up while sitting in the saddle, or riding up and printing.  Keep in mind we are talking 5" 1911 here, on a bike.  I conceal it just fine in the car, or walking around, on the bike though, totally different animal that most people wont understand without having actually done it.  My case in point with the gentlemen running the shoulder holsers, the pocket in the vest, or others carrying front waistband or mounting it to their bike.  So far I havent seen maybe but on person in this thread who carries IWB in this thread, surely we are all doing it wrong as we are obviously all novice riders with a fledgling degree of experience with handguns.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Full size 1911 in shoulder holster. I use to keep a Charter Arms snubnose in my tank bag until I realized if I needed it in a hurry I was screwed. It always ended up underneath all the other stuff in there. There's probably a better tank bag for  that out there than the one I use though.

Full size 1911 in a Miami classic shoulder rig here too.  I plan to pick up a G26 and an ankle holster soon though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I often carry a USP f in my top left gun pocket

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Inside breast pocket of my Vanson Challenger jacket or when I have the chest vent panels open it rides in the pocket formed by rolling the panel down inside itself.
Very secure and easily accessed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd do it like Arnold.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#45]

Coronado Leather goodness.   Not sure if they still make these vests but the craftsmanship and company are Tier1.

The vest pictured will carry TWO 1911's with multiple mags.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#46]
I picked one of these up, and modded it to fit my Sig 239.  Didn't take much.  just a little trimming on the inside and stretching.  Now it holds the Sig and an extra mag.  

I wear it openly on my strong side, and haven't been challenged on it yet.  To me it looks just enough different than a regular holster.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=981180&filter=cz+82+holster&catid=0
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#47]
D/T
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#48]
DH uses a tank vest and puts his handgun into a MOLLE pouch when he doesn't want it exposed, or in a holster when he doesn't mind if it's visible.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Cross-Draw on the left side, butt of the pistol forward.  Not much use while moving unless a throttle lock is engaged. Same way I carry it while on horseback.  New Mexico is an open carry State.  

OH58D
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Bump.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top