Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/25/2006 4:14:10 PM EDT
So tonight after work I stop at a little convenience store by my house and when I get out I see this weird illegal alien looking women, I don't think she was an illegal though, she spoke clear English and she yells:

Loser - "SIR, YOU GOTTA DOLLAR?"

Me -  "NO, get your own money loser"

Then on the way out less than 1 minute later like she forgot who I was already, again it happens:

Loser - " SIR, YOU GOTTA DOLLAR?'

Me - "Didn't I just tell you to fuck off?"

Loser - Complete silence.

After I said it, I had a hard time keeping a straight face, what I said cracked me up even though I wasn't trying to be funny.

So...how do you guys deal with losers that bug you for money?

I say what these scums need is some tough love...that's what I give them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Draw Down
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
"got a dollar?"
"a dollar?..no.., but I got a gun. Does that help?"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"got a dollar?"
"a dollar?..no.., but I got a gun. Does that help?"

Saying that could be viewed as a threat......with how sensitive our justice system is to Scum.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Flash a C-note at them and say nope.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I avoid my relatives like they have the plague.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually give them My change. Except this one time a guy in a wheel chair asked for 3 dollars so he could get a bus ride. I gave it to him. It very well could have been a scam, But oh well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Just say NO(really)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I almost wanted to do that one time, some black guy said he wanted money because he needed a 40. I almost wanted to pull out my .40 and say yeah here you go, want 1 or 2 of these?

I didn't though, I missed a golden opportunity.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I just say, "I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in contributing to the DNC.  Goodbye."
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I usually roll a quarter down the street.  then my buddy and I take bets on witch panhandler will get it first
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I avoid my relatives like they have the plague.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I put a 5 dollar bill on a hook, and I fish for hobos.

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Loser - "SIR, YOU GOTTA DOLLAR?"

Me - "Yup"

+1

Even if you don't want to give them a dollar, is it really so hard to just say "No"?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Ignore them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
If I'm in the right mood, I might give 'em a buck or two. If I'm in a bad mood, I tell 'em I'm broke, no job, and my car is about to be repo'd so why don't they ask that rich prick getting out of his lexus.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Simple,  "sorry you homeless piece of shit I only carry hundreds"
Or my favorite,  homeless bastard says "got a extra cig"  You open your pack and say nope smoked 3 and got 17 left sry LOL
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#18]
"Hey man, can you spare some money?"

"No, but I got a rock" (Unzip pants) - sometimes they won't do it, so they don't get the sweet sweet crack.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Usually I'll give them the ones I have in my wallet.  Though, in Detroit, they have legitimate homeless people.  Places like LA, San Fransisco, there's no way in hell I'd drop a cent.

I go to school in Flint, and once and awhile when we go for beer there's a homeless dude or two hanging around the convenient store, I've given away a few beers and my change.  I haven't seen a single homeless dude in Michigan that I thought was scamming people... though, when I went to Chicago a couple years ago, they were everywhere, San Fransisco was outrageous how many homeless people there were, and I bet they all make decent money.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Why, I tell them a truth.  With a smile, I reply, "Why, thank you for the compliment."
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#22]
You got a dollah?

I only carry hundreds, snapper head !

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Preemptive strike.

Ask them first.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I punch them in the face!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a guy in Reno who was grabbing my arm trying to get me to give him money. Would not take "no" for an answer. I sprayed him with my pepper spray under my arm, right into his face and up his nose. Then I left the scene. He desisted after that. Prior to me spraying him though, he followed me almost a whole block and was pestering me the whole time. It was deserved.

Another time, a guy asked if I could help him out with a sandwich, to which I replied,
"Sure, where's it at?" as I was locking around.

I gave him a couple of bucks because I thought my reply was funny. I still laugh about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#27]
They always have a story too don't they.

"Gotta make an important phone call"

"Need some gas money"

"Need to get a bus ticket to get home"

Whatever. I just usually walk by and ignore them.

Brings me to a story. Last weekend I was in Berkeley, liberal shithole of the nation. In front of a busy pizzaria, a guy is sitting out there panhandling. I was out their maybe 25 minute waiting for a table with a buddy. I noticed no less than 6 people giving money in that span. Half of them gave money while saying "Sorry, this is all I have". "Sorry?!?! WTF do you have to be sorry about you dumb MF" I wanted to yell. Freaking makes me sick.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#28]
mine:'You must be Joking I work for a Living' and as stated earlier my realtives know better than to ask especialy my Brotherhe knows why!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I saw this one homeless guy in DC once:

He was playing a saxophone on the street. A sign at his feet read: "Homeless, but not sitting on my ass shaking a cup."

I put some money in his bucket-he was doing pretty well, too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I saw this one homeless guy in DC once:

He was playing a saxophone on the street. A sign at his feet read: "Homeless, but not sitting on my ass shaking a cup."

I put some money in his bucket-he was doing pretty well, too.

Yeah I probably would have gave him a few bucks too....
then pepper spayed his ass.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#31]

A guy asked me for money a few weeks ago, when my wife and I were coming out of a restaurant.

I offered him the lucky piece of shell I found on the beach in Florida.  For some reason he didn't want it  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw a homeless guy get the shit beat out of him for opening this guys car door in a gas station parking lot.

Not even 2 minutes earlier i was pumping gas and he came up to my car and asked for a ride across town.  I simply said "no".  Then the homeless fuck started for my passenger side where my gf was riding.  I told him "if you come any closer to my girl im gonna beat you senseless you homeless fuck.  I moved my car to go pay and when I came out this rather large black was beating the shit out of him.  

All I could do was laugh

edit:  I dont give them money.  They have earned their place in society and they can kiss my ass
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Depends on the area try and avoid them.   Alot of them in some areas of atlanta
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I only give money to the guys who have an interesting or unusual talent

I once saw this guy player the guitar and he had a bass drum strapped to his back with a homemade drumstick rig connected to it so he could beat it by stomping his foot. Pretty cool.

Another guy I saw played the harmonica very well through his nose.

That's the extent of it however. I don't give money to guys just sitting on the street.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#35]
One of the only times I gave cash to the panhandlers was on Christmas eve in the early 90's. I was driving to work and traffic was backed up for blocks (4 lanes wide one direction). About a block from work there was this bum with a HUGE poster that said "Why lie its Christmas I want a beer!" I lmao. Everyone was giving this guy cash.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Depends on the area try and avoid them.   Alot of them in some areas of atlanta

My 5 year old son and I went down to the Monster Truck show at the GA Dome a couple of weekends ago.  We are eating dinner in CNN center and guy comes up to me ... "How you doing  sir?"  I say pretty good ... He says "Think you could buy me a sandwich over there?"  as he is pointing to one of the fast food joints.  I just say Sorry Dude ... not today and continue eating my dinner.  

Next person he asked bought him a full dinner ...  

Basically .. they don't care if you say no ... there are plenty of suckers that say yes ...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#38]
"move along now!"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Ignore them.

That's what I usually do. Don't bring The Man or street bums into your life, if you can help it. (No offense, son.)

But just for ha-has, a buddy of mine used to hand out MacDonald's job applications to the inevitable bums standing at stoplights with their plaintive signs that read, "HOMELESS- WILL WORK FOR FOOD". Every bum got mad at him when he did that. Wonder why?.....Gee- work? food? What's the problem?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#40]
"Sir, please step up onto the sidewalk...I need to see your Panhandler's license, please."
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#41]
They don't approach me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I just say no. No reason to be a prick about it.

There's millions of reasons to be a prick about it.

They are the pricks for bugging me for something that they should already have.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#43]
A long time ago I worked at a supermarket.  During break I would hang out in the front of the store.  One day this guy in sweat pants and a raggy t-shirt asked me for a dollar for the bus, he said he was broke and had to get home.

Normally I would have told him to fuck off since I had that tough guy teenager attitude, but that day I guess I was feeling generous and gave it to him.

A few days later I was at the pizza place across the street when the man walked in with his family, all of them in nice clean clothes.  He saw me and walked over the thank me again, then he sat and went about his business.  

I was on break from work so I was just hanging out there after eating, the man finished his meal and the family left.  When I went to leave the waitress told me that the man who just left paid for my meal.

Take it for what it is.  Was he a bum?  Should he have been shot?  Is he ruining our society?  Or was he just a man without his wallet who is in a serious rush, a man that would ask for money and look like a person that you people so furiously hate.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
A long time ago I worked at a supermarket.  During break I would hang out in the front of the store.  One day this guy in sweat pants and a raggy t-shirt asked me for a dollar for the bus, he said he was broke and had to get home.

Normally I would have told him to fuck off since I had that tough guy teenager attitude, but that day I guess I was feeling generous and gave it to him.

A few days later I was at the pizza place across the street when the man walked in with his family, all of them in nice clean clothes.  He saw me and walked over the thank me again, then he sat and went about his business.  

I was on break from work so I was just hanging out there after eating, the man finished his meal and the family left.  When I went to leave the waitress told me that the man who just left paid for my meal.

Take it for what it is.  Was he a bum?  Should he have been shot?  Is he ruining our society?  Or was he just a man without his wallet in a serious rush, one that would make you ask for money and look like a person that you people so furiously hate.

That story has a nice "After School Special" ring to it. Unfortunately, that type of scenerio is exteremely rare.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't give them money, I don't have eye contact with them, I always keep an eye on them though.  My wife feels sorry for them, and I tell her:  They chose where they are.  If a 18 year old kid can get a job at mcdonalds, then they can find something to do besides sit on a corner doing nothing but being a menace.  

Also, if you are so hungry that you are willing to panhandle for food, why aren't they motivated enough to go earn that $?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Take it for what it is.  Was he a bum?  Should he have been shot?  Is he ruining our society?  Or was he just a man without his wallet in a serious rush, one that would make you ask for money and look like a person that you people so furiously hate.

Go to Oprah............Go to Oprah............Go to oprah
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't have a problem helping people who are in an unusual situation.  A bum on the side of the road in dirty clothing, (you know the type), isn't going to be helped by my assistance.  You can't help someone who won't help themselves.  You can give a man a fish, but if you teach him to fish, he can feed himself.  Well these street urchins don't want to learn how to fish, they just want someone to give them a handout fish.  There is a difference.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I keep a stack of job applications with me at all times.

One time in AZ a hobo pulled a knife on me so I drew down. Shit his pants and ran like hell.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just say no. No reason to be a prick about it.

There's millions of reasons to be a prick about it.

They are the pricks for bugging me for something that they should already have.

A prick for a prick and the whole world has two penises?  I guess you're just a prick, then?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Carry around fake money and give it to them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top