Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 6:31:29 AM EDT

How do you psyche yourself up to make your move with a woman. How do you conquer your fear and go for it? I'm talkin about any stage in the process- from walking up to her and saying HI or getting physical. I'm the shy type and don't normally approach a girl I dont know, but I'm trying to start.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

How do you psyche yourself up to make your move with a woman. How do you conquer your fear and go for it? I'm talkin about any stage in the process- from walking up to her and saying HI or getting physical. I'm the shy type and don't normally approach a girl I dont know, but I'm trying to start.

There was a commercial not long ago that said:

JUST DO IT!   Ask and you might receive.  If not, try again.  No psyching up needed.  Have fun, start off with "Hi!"

my .02
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I usually start by smashing my computer with a 10 lb hammer. Try it. Be sure to get the modem.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya never hit a homerun without stepping up to the plate. That being said, heck just ask, I imagine some slapping is worth the occasional score.

hey 19 slaps is worth 1 night with a oversexed depraved nympho.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:46:42 AM EDT
[#4]
For real,
Whats the worst thats going to happen?

she says no, or is not interested,
you are not any better off, then you are now.

a wise man once said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just sit her on your lap and talk about the first thing that pops up.

Shok
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Here are few easy things that reaaally help
  1.Ask their name with a friendly smile
  2. Dont look at their chest while speaking to them..sounds funny but they ARE paying attention.
  3. Ask them about what they like to do for hobbies or with friends on the weekends.
  4. If conversation is still moving well make sure to use their name a couple times...always with a friendly smile while saying it.
  5. Dont mention firearms....that has to come later after you have shown them what a great fella you are with out need for killing machines.
  6. If you really wanna draw a chick in..mention how much you like your family or how happy you are with something that is going on in your life...Dont LIE!!
       Ive got more but I dont wanna give away all my secrets!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:57:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's the secret:

You have to not give a shit.

You have to be %100 happy with yourself first, before you can be happy with someone else. Chix can sense your level of confidence. So you just go for it. If you get rejected, hey no big deal, it's not TEOTWAWKI, move to the next chicky snak. Forget all the best behavior bs, primping, the right clothes, the right car etc. Just be yourself, %100 and you will be good to go and the chix will be chasing you. Been  there, done that, learned the hard way.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#8]
What CS223 said....And that worked for me.

Or....

Just walk up to her and say:

"HEY! WANNA GET NICKED?"  Let it off your chest!...and don't forget to smile.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Ah to be 15 again

Like it has been said many times before there are many fish in the sea. If you're fishing and you're out to hook just one fish in the sea you'll go hungry but if you'd be happy with any fish you'll always be well fed. Women are like fish, catch plenty of them, taste them all, and keep the ones you like.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Confidence is one of the most important things. What other people have said about "not giving a crap" is partly true. You have to be confident in yourself and not care if you get shot down. The only time I'm nervous is if it's somebody I've known...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I will let you in on a few secrets.

1. Women are much fussier about appearance than men are. We can look at 100 women and probably say 80 of them are doable. They look at a 100 men and 95 have no shot. Bottom line - look clean and neat, after that its not personal.

2. Throw out a big net - you are looking for the one who finds you attractive. Again, its not personal, the biggest dorks end up with someone and lots of times someone good looking. Present yourself to as many as you can, then pick from the one's that find you attractive.

3. If she likes you, you don't need to do much. Comment on something nice about her, they love compliments and even if it sounds corny to you, they love it. Then sit back and pretend to listen as they love to talk.

4. Be aggessive, once they let you know they find you attractive. Act like you know what you are doing. Not be rough or anything like that, just take charge and let them know you want them but can live without them. If they think they own you, they lose interest.

How can you tell if they like you? Look for buying signs. The hair flip while talking is one. Actually listening to you talk is another. Not being in a rush to leave. Touching you anywhere, initiating physical contact. With a little experience you will learn to recognize the signs, they become obvious.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I take my time and read her body language before I even say a word, little things like eye contact, smiling, saying hello, etc. can let you know if she is even interested.

You must break the ice eventually if you want to get to know her, start by saying hello with a smile and work from there, chatting, dont ask her out or for her phone number right away,
you must become a friend.

The way you dress and your physical condition is also very important, because it will attract the women even more, they like a man to
be neat and well groomed like a gentleman.

I was eating at a restaurant a few days ago all
by myself and a table full of young asian woman
could tell I was a single guy and they kept smiling and whistling as I walked by the table.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I take my time and read her body language before I even say a word, little things like eye contact, smiling, saying hello, etc. can let you know if she is even interested.

You must break the ice eventually if you want to get to know her, start by saying hello with a smile and work from there, chatting, dont ask her out or for her phone number right away,

The way you dress and your physical condition is also very important, because it will attract the women even more, they like a man to

could tell I was a single guy and they kept smiling and whistling as I walked by the table.

I don't mean to burst you bubble Thunder' but those Asian girls were staring at your thick, bulging wallet. Trust me. Asian girls = money pits.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mean to burst you bubble Thunder' but those Asian girls were staring at your thick, bulging wallet. Trust me. Asian girls = money pits.

I dont think that was why, because Im also an asian guy, lots of Vietnamese women find me attractive.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ya never hit a homerun without stepping up to the plate. That being said, heck just ask, I imagine some slapping is worth the occasional score.

hey 19 slaps is worth 1 night with a oversexed depraved nympho.

You meant under, right?

TRG

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here's the secret:

You have to not give a shit.

You have to be %100 happy with yourself first, before you can be happy with someone else. Chix can sense your level of confidence. So you just go for it. If you get rejected, hey no big deal, it's not TEOTWAWKI, move to the next chicky snak. Forget all the best behavior bs, primping, the right clothes, the right car etc. Just be yourself, %100 and you will be good to go and the chix will be chasing you. Been  there, done that, learned the hard way.

I second this.  Learn how to have confident body language and be confident when you approach her.  You must have the mindset that this girl is one of many available and that you don't have to do everything right.  If you think she is so special and amazing before you even talk to her you are just going to make yourself very nervous and there is no way to come across confident if you look nervous.  You will find out that most girls have some major flaw that you will not like.  So wait until you actually get to know them before you get nervous and have fear about messing things up with them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I just throw caution to the wind, walk up, and say hello, and if there's any interest whatsoever, I then introduce myself.

You won't get any if you don't at least start out by saying hello.

Each opportunity comes but once.  Are you going to exploit it, or are you going to miss it?

Even if the answer is "NO, I'm not interested in you, please leave",  what harm has that done to you?  None, unless she got violent!

The worst that can happen is you remain lonely. So why NOT ask?

CJ
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Try this,  it is getting my little brother laid on a pretty consistent basis right now.  I don't need this advice because I am in a committed relationship.  

This is the force Luke,  use it wisely:

http://www.askmen.com/dating/index.html

Make sure you pay close attention to Doc Love,  he will steer you in the right direction.  Like I said,  this shit works,  I know.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Just talk to 'em. Use your big head while doing so, not the small one They'll let you know when and what they want. You just have to be paying attention. I really gotta say I am mystified by all the guys that can't figure out women. It just ain't that hard.

edited to add: Oh yeah. Don't make it easy. Make them think they are pursuing you, ie make it a little bit of a challenge for them. And as stated, confidence is a big thing. Not macho bullshit, just quiet confidence. It helps alot if you've already had sex with a few women and are good at it. They pick up on that bigtime.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#21]
"I will let you in on a few secrets.

1. Women are much fussier about appearance than men are. We can look at 100 women and probably say 80 of them are doable. They look at a 100 men and 95 have no shot. Bottom line - look clean and neat, after that its not personal."

Hey, I didn't realize men knew this; I thought most men think all women want them.

Just be yourself and take a chance.  The worse she can do is say no.  Ater saying hi, follow her lead, especialy when it comes to getting physical.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#22]
realize , you were born with a pair to begin with!!!!! If she says no, so be it, it ain't going to kill you!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#23]
You may need the same operation, only doubled that my 6 yr old son just had. For undescended testicles. If you don't have them by now chances are they aren't going to magically apeer on their own. After you heal up, the next step is to smash your comuter with a 10 pound hammer, & try to get your modem as well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#24]
When you first pull up, say "HI" then ask her if she is a cop. Ask her to prove she isnt by giving you a look at the "goods" for free. After that just bargain with her until you both settle on a fair price. Be safe and have fun.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#25]
LOL, I used to be shy until I got mairred and have lived with one for the last 16 years.  After you're with a woman for a while you learn just how screw up they really are.  Just remember, she is just a person same as you are.  Tell her "hi" and tell her your name, if she turns up her nose at you then she isn't worth talking to. There are just too many women out there to get all worked up over just one.  Now, go get her.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#26]
A little beer never hurt me.  Many call it "liquid courage".  As said in a post earlier, if your only 15, nevermind...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#27]
You need a good introductory line. Nothing corny. Something that really displays your caring, nurturing side like "wanna see my dick?"

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#28]
You know how they say that a dog's sense of smell is something like a million times that of a human?  Well, a woman's confidence detector is a million times what you think it is.  Even if she is pretending to be disinterested (which they usually do first), she is detecting every little thing you do a thousand times a second.  

The best way to show confidence is to stand up straight, be at ease, and look her dead in the eye.  All the time!  Even a momentary lapse in confidence could spell doom for you.  You must look, smell, feel, sound, and be confident.  Otherwise, no goodies for you.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Just be Cocky and Funny.

Chicks love to laugh, and they all say they hate guys that are conceeded.  But once a guy acts like that to them it becomes a chase.  Just don't over do it.

OR:

Get money, take the money to Reno, and then buy a hooker.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#30]
You could just act like a total dirt bag looser rebel. Dress like crap, but try to maintaine an uncaring attitude. For some reasone if a female thinks you need a mother figure, or that they can fix you they will be all over you.
I have seen the biggist loosers in my bond office being bailed out by beautiful young ladies that could do so , so much better. I just don't understand the female psychi.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Were you born a pussy?

Or did you morph into one?

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Treat the whores like queens and the queens like whores.  Worked for me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Treat the whores like queens and the queens like whores.  Worked for me.

you know,
ar first I laughed ,

but it actually is true.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
LOL, I used to be shy until I got mairred and have lived with one for the last 16 years.  After you're with a woman for a while you learn just how screw up they really are.  Just remember, she is just a person same as you are.  Tell her "hi" and tell her your name, if she turns up her nose at you then she isn't worth talking to. There are just too many women out there to get all worked up over just one.  Now, go get her.

Amen to that. My wife was the best confidence booster that I've ever had. Once you actually land a few women, you will be just fine. I know I have no problems what so ever talking to ANY woman now and I was at least as bad at approching them as you describe.

I found out later that there had been quite a few women that I had known who were more than just interested, but I never got with any of them because I was to much of a pussy to approach them. Don't make that same mistake. If there's someone you want to date, ask her. The worst she can say is no. (well....she COULD never talk to you again, but if she doesn't, she probably has problems you don't want to deal with)....

Oh, and save yourself some trouble and check into her Psycological background. If there's anything there that sound scary, pass. Believe me, you don't want to get involved with a woman
with mental problems.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

messageboard.tuckermax.com/

Read it all!

TXL

p.s. find the threads on game
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#36]
maybe you should wait until your balls drop, and then ask that question here.........

teenforums.studentcenter.org/
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Red_Beard had the best answer.. seriously
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Just remember you're not going to die if she says no or doesn't act interested.  It's really not a big deal, you just need some practice to get over your fear - aversion therapy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Walk up say hi and ask her name.  Tell her yours and strike up a conversation.  Women do not like insecurity, it is hardwired ito their brains from the beginnings of the human race, just like sex is in ours!

You have nothing to lose and it gets easier with every attempt, you will find what approach works best for you.  Some guys have the suave smooth thing and it fits them, some are blunt and direct and that works for them.  Some like me are just casual and besides I work with and have been working with for years, a fleet of good looking bartenders and patrons.  I have a good understanding of what to say and when.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Wanna REALLY know how wimmenz think/operate?

Looky here:
www.intellectualwhores.com/ladderintro.html

Very eye-opening, to say the least...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#41]

All around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top