Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 1:06:01 PM EDT
I am a consultant for a computer company. I have been with this company for a little over 3 1/2 years. Currently, I am an onsite resident with one of our customers. I go to the customer's site every day, and work basically as a part of their staff. I have been doing this for the past 2 years.

I love the company that I work for, but I hate this customer. I am almost to the point of looking for another job. My company takes excellent care of me, they pay well, they show me that they appreciate the work that I am doing, they have a great quarterly bonus plan, and they just generally show that I am a valued member of the team.

But my customer is the exact opposite. It is the most poorly run inefficient organization I have ever seen in my life. They hire the most unskilled and incompetent industry rejects and then appoint them to positions of leadership, and then pat them on the back when their projects go down in flames like the Hindenberg. And that is only one of a laundry list of gripes! I have worked with organizations of every size, all over the nation, and I have never in my life seen a more horribleplace to work in my entire career. I literally hate getting up in the morning and coming to work.

poll coming.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it ok.  The boss and me get along good.  Money is good.  But I only work because the bank makes me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, other than the fact I have to work because I'm not John Kerry, I love my new (been here two days) job.

Let's see how long that lasts.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Not enough choices.  I'm somewhere between "I love my job!" and "It's OK, I guess."

I generally enjoy it.  It occasionally sucks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my job because it gives me the opportunity to serve the war on terror. But I would rather be working in Mississippi, preferably somewhere close to my home in Brandon. It would definitely lower my cost of living.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
My job is what it is.  How I FEEL about it is irrelevant.  If it continues to provide me with the necessities for living then it will suffice.  If not, I will then need to find one that will.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
If I won the lottery I'd be out the front and would not look back, a job is a job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top