Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2002 5:56:17 PM EDT
I'm going grab a bottle of Manischewitz and watch a movie that really reveals the true meaning of religion, [i]Life of Brian.[/i] I think the History Channel also is playing [i]Jesus of Nazareth,[/i] not quite as insightful though.

Before you flame me for being a heathen, ask yourself if you have an icons of bunnies, eggs or other candies around and then ask yourself where those concepts came from...
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
easter eggs huh? I'm feeling more fertile already.

[img]http://www.myplanet.net/fasching1/easter.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not doing anything.

Kids live with their mom and her boytoy, er, i mean boyfriend.

Anyway, my kids, 2 girls, tell me they are Wiccan, [witches] so, no chocolate bunnies for them.

But I will do my best to eat a bunny this weekend. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to private school as a kid, learned there that any reason to celebrate is a good reason. Today I went to mosque and gave all the kids Cadburry Eggs. Realy confused some of my brothers who have a difficult time remembering that we too acknowledge Jesus (peace upon him) and the message of his ministry, and his sacrafices.

Then I went and shot 10 rounds of clays with my brother in law.

Now I'm waiting for my youngest brother in law, and wife with their grandfather to get back from the store to make a pizza.

Then I'm going up on campus to watch a few hours of mind numbing violence and shamless fan-service with a few Japanese Animation shows, and scarf as much sugared crap as I think I can work off at the gym tommorow.

Unfortunatly tommorow I have to work until four. Although I cant eat pork (religious reasons plus it makes me crap blood, other than that I love the stuff) I'll probably make a good Irish corned beef and potatoes with carrots and onions and, as you suggested, watch a good Easter movie like Life of Brian.

"I have a vewy good fwiend in Wome named Biggus Dickus...."

Movie still reminds me of an ex who I saw it for the first time with. We rented it and watched it for a week and laughed our asses off every time. Its still that damn funny all these years later.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I end-up driving more than I normally would.

Some of the nearby liquor stores are closed for Easter!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Celebrating the resurrection of OUR Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
AMEN

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen.
View Quote

I second that AMEN

CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Mow the lawn
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Hang with the Family.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to get all kinds of easter baskets when I was a kid. The last time I got anything was a chocolate bunny from the GAW. I do not do anything at all now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Attend service. Celebrate the Resurrection of the Lord in the company of family and friends.
Aware that I am unable to do much but with Him all is possible.
ACK
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Work.  I was planning on going shooting, and those plans got shelved.  I haven't been shooting since August, and I'm starting to get frustrated.z
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Back before my parents both died, and before my divorce, we always had a big easter "feast" and had a great time just enjoying each other's company.
Now I usually get trashed all by mu lonesome and pass out aroung 5 PM and wake up the next day.

Please give those close to you an extra hug today.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Egg hunt, smoked ham, beer, cigar, and today sun. Things here are damn fine! Hope it is as good for you all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top