Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2001 9:40:24 PM EDT
Driving that is.  I have to go to a wedding tomorrow, and I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable about leaving the 'safety' of my home.

I don't think anything will happen (at least I pray not), but if the last couple days taught us anything, it is that we can never really know what will happen next.

It's only 5 hours away, but that is more than a full gas tank away, which also concerns me.  I will have protection, but I'm weary about bringing an AR for fear of losing it from theft either while it's in the trunk or in the hotel.

It's one of my best friends, and I'm in the wedding party, so I won't miss it, but I admit that I'm not comfortable about the whole situation.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry. Hopefully, nothing will happen. I too might leave for the weekend. About a 4 hour drive. I'll be in Nevada so some of my things will accompany me. I might have to miss a gunshow this weekend too. I do feel a little awkward leaving, but hey. Might as well get these things off my mind for a little bit before S really HTF.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as you are not flying, I would think that you would be fairly safe. I would not bring an AR either. Any handgun with a couple of hi-caps should be fine.(preferably HK)
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:54:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Lately, I've had the urge to carry the G27 in my front pants pocket (in an in-pocket holster), but being we have no CCW here I'm not inclined to risk it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't worry about driving. Just stay out of big cities and you'll be okay.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Traveling is my life. I go back to the business of flying again tomorrow. We have a NYC layover...and I get to smell, hear and touch what I've seen on TV.

It will further convince me that this is real, and not some sort of nightmare.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm flying to San Diego on Monday, and Fresno the week after.  I have no problem with it.  Other than the additional delays.  Should be interesting to watch other passenger's reactions, though.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm flying to the boston area monday, if I can.  Else I'm driving it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#9]
It's not so much the traveling aspect that bothers me, it's the being away from the place I feel safe and somewhat prepared in case of emergency.

Oh well, one of my buddies in the town is a shooter, so I'm sure he'll let me borrow the Bushmaster I sold to him (for cheap) if I need it.

Anyway, stay safe everyone, keep the board warm for me until Sunday evening...
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Right now?   A B-52 ride to Kabul sounds about right.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Guys,

Traveling is a bit different now.  I WAS going to Thailand with my wife next week.  I think I'll still go but the wife is 50/50.

I'm not worried about being in Thailand (the Thai's love America), it is the back and forth part through Cali airports.

James
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I will be flying in a week or two.  No problem.  But if I die I expect you all to avenge my death.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top