Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 4:17:52 PM EDT
Ok, I've seen this like  100000000000000000000000000000000000000000002 times in the news paper and on the news. Man shoots himself while cleaning his gun. How the F do you do that. Excuse me for useing harsh........ Letters.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
With a Glock for example, you are required to pull the trigger in order to break it down. If there's a round in the chamber when you pull the trigger, the bang-bang stick goes boom boom.

Comprende?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
People really should be more careful with firearms, yes?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Arn't you sapose to unload your gun before you clean it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
It sounded better that saying the victim committed suicide.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
With a Glock for example, you are required to pull the trigger in order to break it down. If there's a round in the chamber when you pull the trigger, the bang-bang stick goes boom boom.

Comprende?

Why are all these houses burning down in maine lately?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How the F do you do that.

A distressingly large proportion of the population are idiots.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
They are lying, they were playing with a loaded weapon
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bingo! Give the man a cigar.  That or they were committing suicide and they're insurance pays double for accidents.  Or not at all for suicide.  Either way, it's one less idiot on the planet.  Hopefully one that hasn't had the chance to pollute the pool with his genes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Comprende?

Huh?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo! Give the man a cigar.  That or they were committing suicide and they're insurance pays double for accidents.  Or not at all for suicide.  Either way, it's one less idiot on the planet.  Hopefully one that hasn't had the chance to pollute the pool with his genes.

Yup, I've seen it 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000002 times too, it is really annoying
(most policies WILL pay for suicide, after the two year exclusionary period)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It sounded better that saying the victim committed suicide.

+1

Insurance issues I'm sure.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Comprende?

Huh?

Buy a news paper 1 in auburn 1 in lewiston 1 in leeds and a few others. All in 1 week. Seems to me someone has a lighter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Comprende?

so who doesn't  jack their pistol to clear any chambered rounds before they clean it?....Russian roulette with a semi-auto is extremely dangerous......I always open the breech and check/clear any weapon before cleaning it.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#15]
If you think the rules are stupid, it's only because someone somewhere did something stupid.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Literary license?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#17]
simple matter of natural selection.

What's rule 1? Always treat a gun like it's loaded right?  That means even when you're cleaning it, even when it's broken down.  I dont point my pistol reciever at anything, just out of strict adherence to the habbit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#18]
It's the catch-all excuse for various stupid things people do, some of which were mentioned above.

Dad commits suicide-Tell everyone it was an accident. Less disgrace for kids/family.

Guy cleans his gun, then forgets he reloaded it, and aims at his toe, BANG! No more toe. (Also happened to a Partakeet).

Sometimes it's true. Careless/stupid.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#19]
You should unload the weapon and check the chamber before you clean it.

What most of those morons are doing isn't actually cleaning, but probably wiping their weapons down before they are putting them away.

If I am stripping down a weapon that requires me to pull the trigger, I'm going to check the chamber for sure before I do it. I dislike pulling the trigger on a Glock before stripping it, even after visually and tactilely(sp?) checking it's chamber.
I also make sure the chamber is empty before I wipe a weapon down in case my finger or oil rag hits the trigger area.

It's just common sense.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
simple matter of natural selection.

What's rule 1? Always treat a gun like it's loaded right?  That means even when you're cleaning it, even when it's broken down.  I dont point my pistol reciever at anything, just out of strict adherence to the habbit.

exactly
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:59:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

"It was unloaded when I put it in the closet last fall..."  BAM!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top